Chelski Sack Rani.. Finally..

Vampiro

Well the on going saga is finally over. What do you think about the whole thing? Did you like the guy, did you feel he did a good job, was he treated unfairly?

I thought he did brilliantly under ammense (sp) pressure. I was very proud to when the United fans cheered him in the United vs Chelsea fixture at old trafford towards the end of the season. I think its appauling the way he was treated, and he could have been the man to take Chelsea to the title. I respected the guy alot for firstly, learnin our language, leading his team to 2nd, and the champs league semi final, all under pressure from his board and the media. I think its appauling what Chelsea have done.. but i wish him the bets in his future work.

I heard he wanted to go to Roma, so he might end up there. I think he could have made better signings for the amount of money that was spent, but although it didn't work out at Chelsea I still think he's a good manager (he was the one who first brought Valencia into the big time, for instance). He seemed like a really nice guy, which is more than you could say for his employers.

I liked Ranieiri, but thought he didn't have it to take Chelsea to the places they want to go. You have to point at the Champions League Semi Final in Monaco as the final straw, the substitutions were mind boggling when you were watching the game, christ knows what it was like to play for Chelsea in that second half.

But still he didn't deserve the treatment he got, he should have been told long ago that he was on his way rather than being strung along all this time.

the best choice for abrahmovich would be cappelo now because i dont rate jose mourinho at all

I know it's each to their own and everything, but you don't rate Mourinho? I'm not a fan of his tactics, and if Abramovich thinks that Ranieri is boring then I doubt he'd be happy with Mourinho, but there can't be much doubt that Mourinho is a great manager. Porto were a good side before he took charge of them but they were nowhere near being able to win the European

Cup, maybe the UEFA Cup, which he did win with them (swine!), but they weren't likely to be able to contend genuinely for the Champions League. He's done a lot there and at Chelsea would have the potential to have even more success with the money they have. As for Capello (sp?), he is perhaps more of the style that Abramovich might want, but I don't think he'd be as successful there. He didn't do brilliantly with Real Madrid before so I don't know if Italy should be where he stays as that seems to be where he has more success. I thought he was great when he was at Milan, but then again if I'd had Gullit, Rijkaard and van Basten in my team I probably would have looked quite good.

I think they'll go for Mourinho and then sack him in a year like they've done with Ranieri.

my bad cactus :lol i always seem to mess up because i dont read all the football news anymore

if i ask the question will mourinho do better than ranieri without spending? i wonder what the results would be? personally i dont think he would be able to repeat his european sucess again

The way Ranieri was treated by Chelsea was disgusting, but in all honesty he's not the best manager in the world, is he? Yes, he's a gent, and yes he's got a sense of humour but do you REALLY think the Chelsea players respected him that much?

I don't.

The Chelsea players liked the guy, and liked working for him, but ultimately, did he have the respect of at least 80% of the locker-room. I doubt it.

Who will they get to replace him? I, for one, seriously doubt it will be Jose Mourinho, in fact I am utterly convinced Mourinho is going to Liverpool. Consider:

1. After the CL Final, Mourinho was quoted as saying he will go to the Premiership, and gave his word to a PL club 3 months ago, and also says "when a club sacks a manager it is because they want fresh ideas and new thinking". Ranieri was still in a job, and Houllier had been sacked the day before.

2. Jose Mourinho wrote on the Liverpool website that he wants to be remembered in the same breath as Shankley and Paisley.

3. He takes no sh*t. Liverpool tend to support their manager wholly for at least 5 years and give him plenty of money to spend and massive responsibility. Managing Chelsea is like watching an episode of Melrose Place.

4. Everyone knows Chelsea will implode in about two years. Legend has it Abramovich is already bored with Football, and has tried to buy a HUGE stake in the BAR F1 team when they were in Monaco.

I'll probably be proved very wrong tomorrow when Chelsea unveil Mourinho to the world (!) but I have been convinced he's going to Liverpool since the CL Final.

Cheers!

He might go to Liverpool but I'm not convinced about the website comment, it would be extremely easy for someone to register under the name José Mourinho or attribute a comment to him without there being anything to substantiate it or that person actually being Mourinho. I had heard that Liverpool were no longer pursuing him, but then in their position they should be looking for anyone else rather than giving back the job to Dalglish.

I think Ranieri has done a decent job at Chelsea and didn't deserve being sacked. I think they treated him really shoddily for the last load of months of the season and he maintained his dignity and humour throughout. I hope Chelsea absolutely bomb next year and Ranieri finds a decent job for next season.

My Liverpool-supporting friend told me that Mourinho posted on their website. I checked and could find nothing.

Anyhoo - here is a delicious article that further cements my belief that Mourinho will go to Liverpool.

http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=160904

It is this article where he is quoted saying he wants to be like Shankley, Paisley, and the Liverpool sides of the 1980's.

Among other things...

Cheers!

Well I'm sad to see the man go but he has bought some good players, he left a backbone on which to build and he brought English steel back to the bridge at last...

Who will come in, who knows, it my be Porto's boring swine (he didn't even crack a smile after beating Monaco!) or it may be anyone... Roman will want the best boss in Europe and the seasons results point to two men, Arsne Wenger who he won't get ever and Jose of Porto who he may get because Chelsea have more money and a better base to build on then the Pool.

I am sad to see Ranieri get the boot, i think he was a fantastic manager with a knack for talent. The way he was treated by the Chelski board from day one was horrendous, no manager deserves that. It has been inevitable that he would be out from late last year, and in my opinion that damaged both Claudio and the team. Hopefully they will treat Jose with a bit more respect.

Rafa Benitez has resigned as Valencia manager.

Expect him to be growing his moustache and Keegan-esq perm any day now, the guy will be an honourary Scouser before the week is over.

And if Jose doesn't take over at Chelsea, I'll eat my DX hat. I never wear it anyway, so it's not much of a gamble really.

I'm going out on a limb, going against everything you've read or thought this week in the world of football...

1. Jose Mourinho to Liverpool

2. Rafael Benitez to Chelsea

Read my previous posts in this thread as to why Mourinho to Liverpool; the top two reasons being that he has stated that he loves Liverpool and wants be held in the same regard as Shankley and Paisley, and that he mentioned that the club he would be going to had just sacked their manager, the day after Houllier was sacked.

Benitez to Chelsea, why? Because one day after Ranieri is sacked then he resigns from his job. Clear indication Chelsea have given him the all-clear.

Cheers!

Boyo that was a great argument putting Mourinho in line for the Liverpool job, but i am afraid you were wrong ;)

Taken from bbc.co.uk/sport

Chelsea have confirmed Portuguese coach Jose Mourinho as their new manager on a three-year contract.

Mourinho takes over from the sacked Claudio Ranieri at Stamford Bridge after quitting as coach of Porto.

Reports say Chelsea agreed a £1.7m compensation package with Champions League winners Porto.

"Chelsea represent a fantastic challenge for me. It is a great club with a world-class squad of players," the 41-year-old Mourinho said.

And demonstrating the self-confidence that has marked his rise, he said: "We have top players and, sorry if I'm arrogant, but we now have a top manager."

Mourinho added: "The English Premiership is recognised as the best league in the world and I am really excited at the prospect of competing week in, week out at the highest level in England as well as in Europe.

"I have been asked how I will cope with the pressure, how I will cope with these players, how I will cope with the urgent ambition to win titles.

"You don't have to ask me again because that's what I live for."

And Mourinho, who had also been linked with Liverpool, continued: "English football is a big passion for me. There were some big clubs chasing me very hard.

"This was a fantastic position for me and the people in my boat, and Chelsea was a perfect choice for me.

"I don't want to sound arrogant, but I think I am a special manager because I have won the Champions League."

But he hinted that the vast Chelsea squad will be reduced.

"If all the names I was supposed to be signing arrive, I would have a squad of 50 players.

"I won't work with big squads. I like small squads. I will have 21 outfield players, plus the goalkeepers, because this is the right amount for the specific work we want to do."

So it looks like he will be cutting down the crowded Chelski squad, who do you think will be the first out the door?

Yup Boyo was wrong this time.. :P

I think its a pretty decent appointment to be honest. Mourinho has proven hes up their with the best by winning the UEFA cup and the Champs League. True, the premiership is tougher quality than portugal, but he has an unlimited amount of money, and a squad thats already worthy of silver wear.

I think its pretty obvious that Benitez is of to Liverpool, i never thought he would actually go anywhere else.

Who will leave.. i think he will get rid of Mutu. Well i know i would if i was him, i dont rate the guy at all. Id also ship Hasselbaink out and replace him with a better striker. I would play Gudjohssen permenantly hes a fantastic player.. and pair him with Crespo.

To be quite honest i dont think he will need to bring in any players, the squad he has right now is full of high quality players. All Jose needs to do is figure out who is the best of the lot and cull the rest. Although Totti would be a great addition to the squad :xyx

Boyo was wrong, dammit, but I'll have my revenge...

RIGHT NOW!!

Jack Bibby, it would be great if Chelsea were to sign Walter Samuel, too bad that Real Madrid signed him two weeks ago...

As for Mourinho: I watched his press conference and the guy is damned class!! He said that Chelsea have a squad of great players, and now they have a great manager. I know I'm supposed to hate him, being a Gooner and all, but Mourinho is my type of guy: sharp, handsome, sexy wife, dry humoured, arrogant and looks like he should be in Miami Vice.

Cheers!

I know I'm supposed to hate him, being a Gooner and all, but Mourinho is my type of guy: sharp, handsome, sexy wife, dry humoured, arrogant and looks like he should be in Miami Vice.

Cheers!

Sounds like someone likes him abit to much.. ;)

and jack.. im sure that he chose madrid over chelsea, doubt he will reverse his decision now.