European Elections - June 10th

Simon

Will you be voting in the June 10th election(s)?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be voting in the June 10th election(s)?

• Yes, I will vote
    • No, I won't vote
    • I can't vote you idiot.

Simple thread really.... European Parliament elections coming up on June 10th, just wondering if anyone here is going to vote, who for, and why? :)

Of course personally I'll be voting SNP again, for obvious reasons, and would encourage any Scot voting to do the same.

If you live in Europe and have a vote, you should really use it though. No real excuse not to, because for this one since the turnout is so crap your vote means even more.

I will be voting come June 10th, but i am still looking at all the possibilities as to who i should vote for. I want to see which party/candidate would be in our countries best interests to have in the European parliament.

I'll vote for the independent candidate around here as the rest of them all represent views with which I don't agree or parties who make promises so that they can get your vote and then your constituency's money. The independent candidate is the only guy who hasn't bombarded us with leaflets and campaigns, he just seems to be getting on with his own thing quietly, so I think I'll vote for him.

As well as being able to vote, I think a system should be introduced whereby we can all cast an anti-vote instead of a vote if we so wish. How many people must there be who don't support anyone in particular but think 'I'd happily vote against that party'? There must be a fair few people about whom that could be said. In my case, it applies to George Galloway's 'Respect' party coalition. They even have his name in brackets next to the party's name, as if that's going to make you want to vote for him even more. Why would anyone want to vote for him? I'm torn between voting and writing anti-George Galloway obscenities on my voting form. An anti-vote would be the ideal solution.

I have voted. Postal vote mine was, which was annoying. I was stuck between the Green Party, which totally represent my views, and Respect, which has the same policies, therefore represents my views. So, it was a flip of a coin.......

Lib Dems are bad enough, Respect are out and out cranks!

I looked at their website the other day to check out whatever flimsy policies they had, and I nearly vomited- they are so far left they've fallen off!

Aside from their absurd pledges (trying Blair for war crimes? Grow up) nobody in a sound state of mind should honestly vote for a party led by George Galloway- who is still trying to rub the sh!t off his nose from when he outrageously brown-nosed Saddam a few years back. They had an interview, talk etc. and Galloway, amongst other things- called Saddam a "brave, honourable, courageous and smart man whom I have the utmost respect for", he also said "you are a truly great leader".

Use your vote wisely...

Personally I am right wing (that doesn't mean I'm racist by the way) and I am torn between Conservatives and UKIP. And while if 'twas a general election I'd probably vote Tory, I think UKIP may get my vote on Thursday. As I've said before, I would like to see both UKIP and BNP get some votes to shake the big boys into action over immigration/asylum/Islamification.

Can I just say that I really hope you guys don't end up voting UKIP. I hope the D-Day memorial shit knocked some of that xenophobic shit out of any voter even thinking about voting UKIP.

It truly is a party for morons. They admit themselves that they aren't politicians and thus don't have a clue about politics, and considering the Tories, who are themselves 'Euro-sceptic' realise that the way forward isn't to pull out of the EU it pretty much suggests that the UKIP are just as clueless as the BNP and any other racist party.

Then again if you want to be like Norway, and have the EU make your trading laws but have no say in what they are, then vote UKIP.

Can I just say that that is an incredibly ignorant viewpoint?

You are lucky to have your vote, and I think it's shocking that anyone actually chooses to refuse their democratic right. I'm not sure if people think they are clever by not voting, to me it just shows a lack of respect.

Why should I respect someone who lies, refuses to carry out their promises and generally only looks out for #1? Never yet since I started voting have I saw an election that was settled by one vote, so the "your vote makes the difference" argument falls down too.

I'm not looking to cause a fight here, I'm simply being honest. I don't see it as being ignorant, as without blowing my own trumpet, I'm far from ignorant of the world we live in.

Excuse me Inno, but that first paragraph comes across as startlingly ignorant.

You mention that you should not respect someone who doesn't keep their promises? It is nigh on impossible for a politician to do so- their manifesto is to outline what they plan or would like to do. Parliamentary majorities, let alone natural and unforeseen circumstances, dictate what Government can actually do.

Anyway, as you said, I'm not going to turn this into an argument, but I just strongly feel that everyone should use their vote. You would no doubt (and quite rightly so) be up in arms if you did not have a vote- yet when you are given one you are happy to just ignore it.

And a minor correction- the election tomorrow is for local councils and the EP, and many occasions in the past have regional ballots been decided by not thousands or hundreds, but tens. So every vote, especially in local elections such as these, certainly does count.

I'll now dismount my high horse. :mad

Honestly - a lack of a vote wouldn't bother me personally. THe lack of a vote for people that wanted to use it, that's a different matter. I do see your point, and I think I've just been de-sensitised to the evils of the world at an early age, and perhaps the old cynical circuits have taken effect in overdrive... but to me, it's a waste of time.

All it does is keep my kids off school and nursery... grrr :)

If everyobody who says, "my vote doesn't make a difference" actually voted, then their votes would make a difference. People have given their lives in the past so that we can live in freedom and make the choice through our right to vote, which is why I always use my vote.