Getting a grip of JBL vs Eddie G

Spiritchaser

How on Earth has Bradshaw, yes the New Blackjack / Acolyte Stan "The Lariat" Hansen ripoff been given the number one contenders slot again. I cannot understand nor fathom this peice of backroom politics. Does Johnny "Ace" Laurenatis have anything to do with it? I can't fathom it. Would you give Brian Adams or Lex Luger a shot as well. I think this feud diminishes Eddie's Championship because everyhing around it is poorly thought about. Badshaw, yes I'm aware of the spelling has gone down every abysmal heel avenue in his attempt to got over i.e. racism and attacking the elderly, it wasn't clever when Moolah and Mae were being abused and it certainly isn't clever now, using Eddie's Mother in a storyline, cheap, but somewhat effective in the U.S. Maybe Ron Simmons can be brought back for one last effort and take this imposter out, this is making Lesnar vs Bob Holly look like Match of the Year contender. Let Booker T take on Eddie and forget about his feud with 'Taker there are others who can become famous. Even let RVD have a shot or Chavo anyone who is a decent technician, something that JBL has tried to be for a lot of years and failed. Stick to Stocks and Shares John, that is obviously where your aptitude lies.

Spiritchaser.

Vanished.

The problem is Bradshaw was left in the lurch when Ron Simmons left, perhaps giving him a new tag team partner would have helped, but instead the powers that be pushed him into singles competition.

And it is a whole different set of rules in which Bradshaw is, to be honest, struggling with. I think he will get better over time, but he has a strong Heel image to support him and I don't like JBL, which means he is doing a good job of putting that character forward as a serious bad guy.

As for not being able to wrestle, everyone in WWE can wrestle, or they wouldn't be paid stupid money to do it day in and day out.

Saracen

There is no way that Bradshaw Or Eddie Guerrero should be anywhere near the Undisputed Title. These two are tag team wrestlers and should just stick to that. THink about it. Would it work if they gave the title to Spike?

Eddie isnt good enough? do you actually watch wrestling? Eddie is one of the best performers WWE has, capable of taking Bradshaw to a 4 star match. He may not be the biggest champion we've had but he is someone truly desrving of the title.

I may not be a Bradshaw fan but i am starting to like his gimmick, the million dollar man for the new era.

The fact is Eddie and Bradshaw were exciting to watch in a gripping sort of way at JD, it wasn't techinacal lucha highspots but it was a great story... Bradshaw's gimmick itself got peoples backs up so I don't see the need in the old people bashing nor Eddie's collapse although that was a follow up on his blood loss and beating so it made story line sense...

When this is done though who's next for Eddie? I mean it looks after Cena/Dupree is finish he will tangle with Booker due to the Lumberjack match on the last SD so it may not be them two... So who's it gonna be at this time apart from JBL again?

What the - MORE Bradshaw bashing??

BOOORING!!!

I think "bashing Bradshaw" is the new "bashing HHH", as so marvellously paraded by Powerslam magazine.

BOOORING!!!

I think JBL is the premier, unrivalled heel in the WWE right now, in fact it's fair to say despite all these fairweather Smackdown bashers, that SD has all the best heels. JBL, Dupree, Heyman, Booker and Angle. Nobody right now gets anywhere near JBL for mic skills. No one cuts a promo like JBL does. No one convincingly delivers a chair shot like JBL does. No one generates crowd heat like JBL does.

And yes, JBL is a competant wrestler. He's not going to set the ring alight with his blinding skillls but he does what is expected of him VERY well: impact moves. Clothesline From Hell, Fall Away Slam, Boot to the Face, excellent in-ring psychology and cheats like a demon.

JBL is probably my favourite heel right now.

Cheers!

Eddie isnt good enough? do you actually watch wrestling? Eddie is one of the best performers WWE has, capable of taking Bradshaw to a 4 star match. He may not be the biggest champion we've had but he is someone truly desrving of the title.

I may not be a Bradshaw fan but i am starting to like his gimmick, the million dollar man for the new era.

Actually I watch wrestling daily. If it's on any channel I have seen it. I have been not only a fan but a historian of the sport for the entirety of my life. I cannot actually prove this statement but there was probably a WWF match on the television in the delivery room when I was born thus making it the first thing I seen when I was born.

In response to the misinterpretation of my comments I meant that some wrestlers are can only go so far. A diva holding the Intercontinental Title? Only Chyna could pull that off.

I'm sure you didn't mean that as an insult though when you made that comment, now didn't you?

Guerrero Vs. Bradshaw was such a bad idea that Eddie had to do that deep blade job.

:lol

Check out one of threads here that is about 2 weeks old called "Are WWE Fans Too Smart-Alec?"

And reply on it.

Cheers!

Bradshaw has grown on me and trust me that while I may not love Bradshaw's wrestling ability I have however enjoyed most of his fued with Guerrero, they tell a good story in the ring and the match at JD was a dramatic effecting match for a good few reasons.

But lets face it, JBL isn't going to win the title, at least I don't think so and I wondered who Bradshaw and Eddie will go onto next. I see Booker and Cena having a one ppv fued and Bradshaw fighting Cena for the US belt and Cena eventually moving up to the upper tier. Eddie on the other hand? Who, Kurt when he comes back would be obvious but who till then?

i think eddie guerrero is an extremely well deserving champion! John 'bradshaw' layfield does not even deserve a title shot at it let a lone him being able to choose the stipulation. so why doesnt jbl just GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time I read a thread on TWO of late, all I seem to see are peeps putting JBL down!!! BOYO is right, you guys are treating him with the same disrespect that was shown to triple H!!!! The man obviously has a load of talent else he wouldnt be working for the WWE. His mic skills are kick ass!!! and I'm pretty sure that with the time he's spending at the top level that his in ring skills will also develope. Bradshaw is giving us all something a little different, a colourful charactor. For far too long we have been subjected to boring No gimmick razzlers (Benoit, Eddie, anyone from tuffenuff.) (much as I respect these guys and their in ring talent- iam also watching WWE to be entertained by the out of ring drama.)

If any of you guys still feel like insulting bradshaws ability why dont you guys go get a job with WWE???? JBL is giving his all, now please give him a chance.

I'm trying to work out how the hell Eddie Guerrero is a tag team wrestler since he's spent the better part of the last 7-odd years as a singles star, and has only been part of a major tag team twice.

As for JBL, he's got a good character, and is a decent heel. He's just not a main event wrestler, nor is he a draw of ANY sort. The very fact that Judgment Day drew all of 200,000 buys, making it the worst PPV draw in about 4 years, and one of the worst in about 7, shows everything about his drawing power. Not that Eddie is proving to be a fantastic face draw, mind. But as champion, house show ticket sales went up and he brought a new type of fan to the WWE. Who can JBL appeal to? Especially since he's resorting to the age-old routine of racism. It may be "the norm", but it will not sell.

And whether we like him or not, the fact is, he's not drawing. But then, SmackDown isn't drawing. And unless it makes drastic changes (ie take away the whole stupid comedy and gimmicks element, and bring over some guys like Edge who have a chance in hell of freshening up the product and selling something), then SmackDown will be pretty much dead by the end of the year anyway.

I'm going to admit, I was pleased about the JD match. Maybe it's just me. I can just about stomach JBL, and I'm not too concerned about him being on the show. But does anyone else think it's just going too far giving him another No. 1 Contendership.

Hell, even Rene Dupree, after watching the lumberjack match, should be given some decent match options.

Bing!

Draven my boy, Edge will no turn it around on Smackdown... Y2J is the man for that little job. Edge was being boo'd by the UK fans on this tour so they turned him heel against Flair, its true I tell you!

The Spear is not a finisher, the hair is lame, Edge had potentinal and now he needs a new finisher and a haircut and an attitude change and then a run against Benoit, then he may go up a tier.

As for Bradshaw nor Eddie not being a draw, well yeah, cos no one really is a draw at the moment, its the down peroid of business that comes around every now and again...

Think about how many normal ppv's headlined by Hart, Michaels, Nash or Taker during the lean years of '94-mid'97 did spectaular? Not that many.

The only reason Edge was being boo'ed by crowds was because Flair was so beloved (check out Hogan/Rock for this too). It was spare of the moment. (Although saying that, he's in a program with Benoit into July so who knows).

And yes, I understand the business is in a slump, but there is a reason why even then, a guy like Michaels drew more than a guy like Nash, and I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with the conditioning of their hair :)

Bradshaw is the new "big man" of SmackDown since Big Show is out for a little. SmackDown needed a guy that would be a true threat to the Championship. Brock left, Big Show needed time off for his surgery and so did Kurt, so who else is there in SmackDown? Their idea: Give Bradshaw a new gimmick, turn him heal and give him a huge push to make him a #1 contender. They needed someone, so they went to Bradshaw. Once he fails, then I think Booker T will be next to go for the title. This Bradshaw/Eddie thing will go on a little longer. Bare with them.

That is all,

SF