loadsa english flags everywhere

charlie

Now, I don't know if this is common every where, or if it's just in Brum, but I keep seeing loads of St George's cross's being flown by cars everywhere. I thought St George's day had been and gone. Am I missing something really really obvious here? :dumb

I'd just like to point out I have no problem with this, but I just don't know why there's this sudden outpouring of national pride...

Yeah, we have them here in Stoke also.

Its shocking ya know, we do it every year. We go crazy and expect England to win, we place flags in our windows, cars the lot. England win a few games get to the quarter finals. At this point English flags are EVERYWHERE. Each pub hypes up the match, news papers, TV companies hype the match. English people expect England to win. England as usual will lose. It will happen this year. Belive me. Tis a sad state :) Still its great to HOPE that they win. Its also a perfect excuse to get pissed and have a nice curry ;)

Chris

youve got me started now Gh. and Draven! two quick points: if you have an english flag when were not having and national event such as football you get accused of racism, and my second point is how much it pisses me off seeing pakistanis waving their flags at cricket when they are 'british' its a joke.

I always have my St George cross in the van, it's a big un that's hung on the cage behind my seat. I want two smaller ones because the back windows of my new van doesn't have blacked out windows, so I'll be displaying the flag there aswell. I'm also getting 2 of those car flags for Euro 2004.

Anyone who wants to accuse me face to face of being racist for this will end up getting my boot surgically removed from their ass.

Pity these people couldn't make the effort for St. Georges Day...

Anyway, like it was for St' Georges Day, two car flags clipped to either front windows and a giant flag on the back near the rear window, accompained by the driver wearing an England No. 7 shirt with Beckham on the back. Oh, and giant flag in the front window at home.

:xyx

There's England flags everywhere! you'd almost think England had a chance of winning it! hahahahahahahahahahahaahah, but seriously, there everywhere, mostly on boy racers cars! They think its kool to have a St Gorges flag and strobe lights under the car!

nearly very car round here has one, if my dad puts on up on our car, ill rip it down and burn the damn thing, im sick of seeing them i really am, show some support for other countries who will get further than england like i am doing-holland and italy this year.

Ive been a bit of an italy follower since 94 btw

Yeah even in my town there's loads of flags hanging from cars etc it's fab to see :xyx. I have my England poster in my window, my wall chart on the wall and a huge Union Jack which says 'Man City Shrewsbury Blues' out ready to put up for the first match!! (that flags been to more countries than i'll ever get to as mates take it to England away games etc, can't say it's lucky mind :P )

I think the reason for the flags is that places like Wilko etc are selling them real cheap! which always helps! :D

Most English people are only proud when we play in a sporting tournement... Remember the World Cup in 1994, how many new Irish people suddenly cropped up in England for a few weeks?

Everybody kissed the England Rugby Union teams ass for a few weeks as well and then as soon as Ireland beat them and the French everyones lost intrest again...

I am only part English.. I'm a quarter Norse, quarter Irish, about quarter English and a quarter Scottish with a little bit of French ansestory (sorry everyone) but I was born here and though proud of my other heritages I love my country and I don't need a flag to prove it. How many of these people would know without reminder when St Georges Day is eh? Heres a clue, April 23rd.

I must say that with still over a week till the darn thing kicks off i've never seen so many flags everywhere not even during euro 96.

Or maybe everybodys getting behind Tim Henman cheering him on during his assalt on the french open.