Nowinski = Nomoreski

Cactus Jack

From Meltzer :

"It appears that Nowinski's career is over, as he's just not making progress from his post-concussion syndrome. It's a similar deal to what ended Bret Hart's career. It's not certain, but as time has gone by, it is now considered probable. There's talk of hiring him for a business or PR role, but nothing has been decided yet..."

Always sad for an individual to not fulfil their dream, but as a fan, are you bothered about Nowinski's probable retirement?

Very dissapointing for both him and the fans. Nowinski had enormous potential and could have gone on to greater things. I know some people will say they are glad he is out because "he didnt pay his dues" but that doesn't matter. Nowinski was great in front of a crowd and was doing well as a heel.

Well, I'm sad to see him go, I'd be sad seeing any WWE superstar to have to end their career through injury, it just isn't fair. Especially at this short notice.

Good luck to Nowinski in the future and I hope maybe one day he can return to the WWE, he was entertaining and had great potential to shine...

• 2 weeks later...

Was it ever confirmed that Chris was given his WWE name due to the fact that he looked a lot like Mavs player Dirk Nowitzki? If you don't know who I mean, he's a basketball player from Germany who bears a striking resemblance to Chris Nowinski-

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/dirk_nowitzki.jpg

My guess is that they called him Nowinski due to the fact that he didn't win Tough Enough. And calling him Chris Harvard, his name in the indies, would have been a bit stupid considering his gimmick was that of a Harvard graduate. It would be like calling a wrestler Rico Gayberg, Kane McScary or The Big Show. Oh, sorry, the last one is real.

Anyway, that was my theory that I always believed. But was it ever confirmed anywhere that my guess was the official reasoning?

Was it ever confirmed that Chris was given his WWE name due to the fact that he looked a lot like Mavs player Dirk Nowitzki? If you don't know who I mean, he's a basketball player from Germany who bears a striking resemblance to Chris Nowinski-

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/dirk_nowitzki.jpg

They would not have done that becuase he actually looks more like Luke Walton shown below who plays for the Lakers :P

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/luke_walton.jpg

Anyway i had always thought thay Nowinski was his real name :?