I Am A Proud Christian... no, not the wrestler.

MachoMat

I received an email from another person who frequents TWO, thanking me for being open about my Christianity. I appreciated that very much.

It mad me wonder just how many of you, my fellow TWOers, are also proud, born-again believers? I know that there are some as indicated by several responses to a thread concerning Vince Russo that was posted here a week or so ago.

So sign in if you love the Lord!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm a Christian. I do believe in God & Jesus.

I'm not into organised religion as such. It seems to me that all it does is cause trouble. The way I look at it, I'm a Catholic by birth but that doesn't neccessarily make me right.

I just try to live my life without causing trouble for anyone else, and looking after the people I love.

I think that makes me a pretty good Christian actually!

Wrong forum? Oh the answer is No, I'm not christian, the church turned me away from the faith, and if I go to hell, I'm blaming the church for trying to push me into stuff. Don't buy into any religion. I believe theres some sort of God, but I don't buy into the whole feeling guilty because someone died for us, thats just like blackmailing people into something. Edited by Nicole

I have always went to mass each and every week, and recently I have found a new found respect for the Catholic Church particularly its stance on poofs....sorry that isn't PC, I mean homosexual people. You see all too often in this day and age people are scared to say what they think, they would rather keep the peace and be 'Politically Correct'. While doing this morals and good old fashioned family values have suffered greatly. But not the catholic Church they don't care about their public image when it comes to gay bashing, now many of you may think they should since some of their priests are fags themselves. But no instead they have the balls to stand up and say THIS IS WRONG. They have the courage to speak their mind, they will argue their case and for that I respect my religion greatly. I know a fair few Horses Hoofs and you know what not a single one of them has ever had any problem with any name I throw at them because that is the names they accept for being different, for being deviants.

Lets salute the bravery of the Catholic Church for having the courage of going against the conformist political correctness that has a lot of people running scared.

Hmmm religon... commandment one, thou shall not kill, correct... ok so how many holy(notice that word, holy as in gods name) wars have we had from all religons who all say up at the top of the list of things not to do... DON'T KILL!

Religon can be a great relief to those who believe, something to grip to in need and if they leave me alone then they can have what ever faith, sexuality and skin colour they want, don't bother me. You come to my door and say come be a Jovah's witness and join the true religon (est.19??). In my opinion its a hypocritical belief system used to shepard the weak into the power of those stronger and more intelligent, ever wonder my the bible was in latin?

You can all believe, but I don't and I felt I'd tell you why, and I don't want people to change their minds, try to make me change mine or moan at me either... life your life and accept this, we all ****ing die so live a good life anyway you can and be happy.

Gringoism, Chapter 1 Verse 1

I'm not religous, I don't buy that if I'm good in life I get rewarded after it, so if I get treated like crap my whole life, never have a moment of happiness but do what I'm told then I get a reward after I'm dead, doesn't seem right to me.

As for Godfathers comment, I think that its pathetic to single out a group of people who have done nothing to offend you or hurt you, a bit like Nazi's really, thats why I hate religion.

PS. thats my opinion, so don't take offence. :xyx

Edited by Walshy

Religion? Hey,. other peeps can do what they want, worship what the hell they want, as long as I don't have to hear about it. I respect other people's beliefs enough to want people to respect my lack of them, and I don't begrudge anyone having a faith or religion they trust and follow - good for them... it's just not for me.

I hate people in the street that are trying to 'save people's souls' by giving a lecture on a crappy little microphone while they hand leaflets out... what's the bloody point?

I believe only that you treat others as you would like to be treated yourself - and that does me fine.

I dont follow any religion, all my beliefs and ideals are my own and i do not wish to live life by the writings of some book. As far as i know, anyone could have written a book and passed it off as "sacred". Fair play to anyone who does have faith in a particular religion or god, but it is not for me.

I believe in God and am supposed to be a practicing Catholic but lately I haven't been feeling anything by going to church. Usually I don't mind it but recently I have been feeling that there are gaps in the mass, etc that make me want to stay at home on a Sunday morning. I don't feel like I belong there.

As far as God is concerned, I believe in God but I don't think that you must go to church every Sunday to worship him is the right way. I think that worshiping him in your own way is good enough because if you prefer not going to church it will mean something to you, more likely it will be better to you than going to church and it is less hassle.

i was a practising catholic (sunday scool and all) up until i was about 14 but i quite simply stopped believeing. i just find i hard to accept that god made the earth in seven days two thousand years ago. damn my education for telling me about the dinosaurs! :D

i believe in stuff like the basic right of people to be treated as human beings and most of the ten commandments seem to be pretty good life 'rules' but i just cannot believe in the Bible and couldnt stand to be preached at in church anymore. ive seen the Catholic church at its very very worst and id feel like a hypocrite if i ever went back.

so im finding it hard to believe in the church, the bible and by extension god. think i quite like the idea of someone watching to make sure im ok but i really dislike the idea that hes planned my life. i prefer to think i can control it

Said by Richard Flair: I believe in God but I don't think that you must go to church every Sunday to worship him is the right way. I think that worshiping him in your own way is good enough because if you prefer not going to church it will mean something to you, more likely it will be better to you than going to church and it is less hassle.

One of the differences between catholic christians and protestant christians is that protestants don't need to go to church to pray Catholics believe they need a priest.

And bibby even though it says in the bibble not to tatto yourself but seeing as its honoring the lord its ok.

Bibby, it's your body. Screw the religious overtones. If you want one, get one. No one's gonna send you to hell for it.

Figure it this way - God had the choice to make us robots or give us free choice. We got free choice, and with that, the laws that were were able to make. So as long as it's not breaking the law of the government, go for it.