A Question.

Guest Perfection

Guest Perfection

OK, today i bought ECW Barely Legal 1997. The third match was a 6 man Puroresu style match, the following 6 were involved

Great Sasuke, Gran Hamada and Gran Naniwa VS

Taka Michinoku, Terry Boy and Dick Togo.

Anyway, I was wandering if any of you could give me any more imformation on any of these ie other identites, gimmicks, promotions they've been in etc etc. Thanks :)

Jesus Perf.....lol

All six were all Michinoku Pro at one time...

Dick Togo and Terry Boy (Men's Teioh) were the other two members of Kai en tai in the WWF, plus members of Kai en tai DX in Michinoku Pro.

Togo went to BJPW for a while, VERY strange move though it didn't do Tajiri any harm. I believe he is now in NJPW...

The Great Sasuke is probably one of the top 5 Cruiserweights ever. His title record is something of a who's who. Founded Michinoku Pro and has wrestled across Japan, in ECW, in England and has been on many Toryumon shows. He's now in NJPW again, which is very weird if you know his history... ;)

Gran Hamada, I actually don't know that much...he's one of these perifery talents that i've not looked into. I believe he was an original member of Michinoku, but i've lost track of him nowadays.

Gran Naniwa is superb, now in NJPW I think...cannae mind, though I watched a tape the other night. It's one of the big Japanese three anyway...may be NOAH. His mask is a Crab and he has a few quirky moves, such as his walking the ropes manouvre. He also had a mirror character in Michinoku...along with Great Sasuke and Tiger Mask IV. NANIWA, Sasuke the Great and Masked Tiger made up that Nisemono Gundan (spelling?) stable.

Guest LaParka666

Hi,

its my first post here and i don't want to come across as a plonker but didn't Naniwa no-show through injury and yamaguchi (sp) take his place?

Nooooo - I am the information Guru around these parts! You are all wrong, wrong, wrong! The actual line-up for the Barely Leagl 6-man was:

TAKA Minchinoku, Terry Boy (Mens Teioh) & Dick Togo Vs. the Great Sasuke, Gran Hamada & Masato Yakushiji.

Naniwa was originally meant to be in the match but was replaced late on by Yakushiji (the dude in the Power Rangers outfit).

As far as the participants' history goes, wow, what a question.

You will probably only know of Kaientai (no spaces between the letters, it's all one word) from their time in the dastardly WWF, where they were jobbed put and squashed to the likes of the talent deprived Oddities of all people! In MPW they were known as Kaientai DX (Deluxe) - which was made up of TAKA, Funaki, Togo, Teioh and Shiryu (Kaz Hayashi in a mask) and others, but they were the core 5. It was one of the greatest junior heavyweight heel factions of all time, full stop. These guys made 6-man, 8-man and 10-man tag team bouts in M-Pro totally awesome to watch.

Sasuke - Oh God, where do I start? Well, Tsu is right, he's one of the top juniors ever, up there with Liger, Dynamite, Sayama and co. He started off wrestling unmasked as MASA Michinoku for Gran Hamada's UCW promotion in 1990. Formed Michinoku Pro, his wrestling company in Morioka, Niigata Prefecture, in 1992. The promotion became famous for it's Japanese/Lucha, or "lucharesu" style of grappling. Has also worked for ECW, the WWF, Toryumon, FMW, New Japan and various other promotions. In NJPW he famously captured the junior heavy tag title with rival Jushin Liger (what a team!). Sadly the union was short lived and he's back to trying to keep M-Pro afloat.

Gran Hamada - is a legend in Japan. He trained a lot of the top stars and in his prime was a very tidy worker. Amazingly enough he can still go now, on occasion anyway. He is known for being a very hard worker and has a reputation for out working his younger opponents in the ring.

Masato Yakushiji - he was a young cruiserweight that wrestled for MPW for a while. A good spot worker but when you saw him at Barely Legal he was still very young and green. Good flyer and that's about all I can say about him. He, along with a bunch of others quit M-Pro on January 13th of 1999. He went to work for Super Dephin's Osaka Pro promotion.

Not in actually in the match but what the hell......

Gran Naniwa - ahhh, the crab master! He's pretty much a junior heavyweight comedy wrestler. His signature move, the "Crab Walk" is right up there with the Worm and the People's Elbow for stupidity, though I like it, lol. He's been around the block a few times. Wrestled for M-Pro for a few years but walked out when the dastardly Super Delphin led his revolt in January of '99. Never fear though for he returned, unable to part from his mentor (Sasuke). Is now wrestling for All-Japan.

....Sorry if I went on a bit there but sometimes I get a little carried away went talking about M-Pro, please forgive me. :)

Guest Perfection

wow! thanks everyone, but, if yamaguchi wasn't in the match why did Joey Styles keep mentioning him?

By the way i am hopefully ordering Super J Cup 94 and When Worlds Collide, whenver it was,

thanks anyway :)

Guest LaParka666

Yamaguchi was in the Barley Legal match instead of Naniwa.

There was another six man tag with Naniwa instead of Yamaguchi, i've got it on an ECW house shows comp, does anyone know if it was before or after the PPV?

Guest Tomc2488
I think Joey Styles mentioned in the commentary of the Barely Legal match that there was a 6 man at a TV show or something before the PPV.

Guest Perfection

Re: A question

Originally posted by Rikidozan

No no no, I'm the guru around here (points to name) I was watching Puroresu when Sas was in nappies damn it!.

You were brought up watching Puro?