walter smith leaves united.......

Walter Smith has left Old Trafford, and warned United's rivals that the Reds will bounce back stronger than ever next season.

United have reclaimed the Premiership title in each subsequent year of finishing off the top spot, and Smith has tipped them to repeat the feat next year.

He told the BBC: "If you look at Manchester United's record over the last 12 or 13 years it is fantastic.

"And the one thing that is clear is that if they have ever lost a championship, they always bounce back and win it the next season.

"Their past record would indicate that they are at their most dangerous the season after having, for them, the disappointment of losing out on the championship this season."

"Disappointments are hard to take, but it is how you react that is important, but their reaction has always been a positive one and one the other teams in the Premiership can look forward to."

Smith left United after a three-month spell as Sir Alex Ferguson's number two, and he admits that it was an enjoyable stint back in football.

He said: "It was a nice taster and I enjoyed my time there. Everybody was terrific and it was nice to end with an FA Cup success against Millwall.

"Going to Manchester United was a great opportunity, albeit for a short while.

"I've been around one or two clubs, but it was good to go back into it and be on the training ground again and I was fortunate to work at club with the high standards of Manchester United."

from manutd.com

so who do yous think should be uniteds new number two??

Walter's done his bit. He has been instrumental in the signing of Wayne Rooney from Everton.

I don't think Man Utd will appoint another number two. Ferguson identified Wayne Rooney as the player he wants, he knows that the Rooney family trust Walter Smith implicitely, as Walter was the man who nurtured Wayne into the Everton Acadamy, and now once the Rooney deal has pretty much been completed, now Walter is on his way.

If I'm not mistaken, the deal is Rooney for £40m: £25m cash and 4 Man Utd players including Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Nicky Butt.

Cheers!

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not allowed to leave Old Trafford, in my opinion.

I wonder if we could get Quieroz back now he's been sacked by Madrid, whatever happens Ferguson always orks better when he has a decent assistant, like Queiroz, McLaren and Kidd.

were did you hear this?? i dont beliebve it at all......

In the Sunday People last weekend. And before you all go on about "you shouldn't believe a tabloid" or "do you believe everything you read in a tabloid?"...

No, I don't. The only time I believe a tabloid sports story is when the Editor of the paper writes the story, and personally stakes his reputation on it.

The Editor of The Sunday People has written the story, so I believe this will happen. If it was a regular tabloid hack then I would be more sceptical.

But it was the Editor who wrote the story, so (even for a tabloid) it almost certainly going to be true.

Cheers!

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not allowed to leave Old Trafford, in my opinion.

I wonder if we could get Quieroz back now he's been sacked by Madrid, whatever happens Ferguson always orks better when he has a decent assistant, like Queiroz, McLaren and Kidd.

queiroz will probably want to return as the number two but does fergie really want him back.

and as for the rooney story i will believe it if or when it happens