Is it me? (William Regal)

Saz

Great to see William Regal back in the spotlight, he's always been able to make me hate him and makes a darn good intelligent heel.

But is it me, or is he in the process of a turn?

As part of the Eugene plot, Regal is making it obvious that he is torn between getting a contract at the WWE and the way Eugene is being treated by his uncle.

Problem is, now American hate figures have turned to the French, and Britian is seen as America's compassionate ally, I can see where this is going, Regal will eventually have enough of what is happening to Eugene and fight in his corner, even if it means costing him a contract with WWE, but somehow his compassion will get him a contract, or a tag team match with eugene against someone to get it.

Whatcha all think?

Saracen

I think you've hit the nail right on the head there, you could see from Regal's awesome facial expressions last week on RAW that he was beginning to warm towards Eugene. I'm not sure how long it's going to take but I think we will see a face turn for Regal before long.

I can see it go two ways:

a) The step everyone expects: Regal warms to Eugene, sacrifices his contract for him, but gets contracted anyway and the two go for it.

b) The step no one has seemed to pick up on but is actually the most logical - it's all a swerve and Regal ends up turning on Eugene in the end (c'mon, no one can tell me they can't see it coming) and we end up with some solid wrestling matches between the two.

I think that Bischoff will announce a tag match, say 2 big guys V Eugene and Regal. Before the match we see Bischoff telling Regal that he is not to tag in at all, no matter what happens to him, Regal will look uncomfortable with this situation and try and argue a case for himself tagging in, but Bischoff will make it clear, if Regal tags in he will be in big trouble.

In the match Eugene is getting squashed, he has tried to tag Regal a few times but he has refused. Eugene then breaks away from the 2 big guys and crawls over the Regal, the crowd are urging him to make the tag, he looks around for a second, then tags himself in! He then clears house and when Eugene has recovered they both dominate and win.

This can lead to Eugene and Regal being a face tag team and also allow them to win the titles while battling against Bischoff.

Thats how I would do it anyways.

I think Saracen and Walshy got it spot on. Or as draVen said, they could pull someone out of the hat that we was not expecting.

When the Eugene character first came around, I was totally against it, but now it's pretty entertaining, especially now The Rock has been brought into the picture.

I hope to see William Regal back in action soon though, whatever the outcome. Particularly for the tour on Saturday, I want to see the hometown boy wrestle...