Work Experience

Nicole

What did you do for it? Crap, Good? Funny stories?

Today I started my works experiance as a classroom assistant for 6/7 yr olds and it rocked majorly. Mainly helped kids with english and maths work, helped with some display work, and sat with them for story time. Most boring part of my day was ruddy lunch time lol. Anyway, Works experiance gets a big :xyx from me

You helped kids with English, yet spelt Experience wrong? :P

I worked in this factory place. I got put there because i couldnt be bothered to find somewhere of my own. Was the most boring 2 weeks of my life. Plus all my friends got paid, and i didnt get a penny!

I worked in a Bank about 4 years ago. It was quite good. Office work which I quite enjoyed. There was also a girl there that I thought was majorly hot and kept staring at so I'm sure she thought I was a bit weird. All in all it wasn't bad at all though, wish I could have done it a bit longer.

What did you do for it? Crap, Good? Funny stories?

Today I started my works experiance as a classroom assistant for 6/7 yr olds and it rocked majorly. Mainly helped kids with english and maths work, helped with some display work, and sat with them for story time. Most boring part of my day was ruddy lunch time lol. Anyway, Works experiance gets a big :xyx from me

That's what I do for a living Nic and it is very rewarding, specially with the reading which I mainly concentrate on. It's wonderful to see 4/5 year olds come in not being able to do anything other than look at pictures, then after you've taught them for a term or two they're getting really independant in their reading and on to story books etc. :xyx

My work experience was soooo boring though. I chose to do it in an old peoples home, thinking that i'd be helping the old folk out, but for some reason i wasn't allowed much contact with them and ended up having to tidy sock draws all day or make beds :( I wouldn't of minded but it was such a long day as it was from 8 till 5, well it seemed along day then lol. That week lasted forever! Although surprisingly it didn't put me off working in homes as I liked the look of what the other staff did etc. :)

Well like an idoit I forgot where my form was so I got the short straw... I got to work in a shed of a garage belonging to ATS Euromaster halfway to Halifax... It was May and it snowed! It was freezing and I had to go out and change a car battery!

The cool thing was I got to play football all day and my gameboy cos hardly anyone bothered us due to a huge ATS down the road... I also learned how to drive a JCB and dinner from chippy was free as was tea and coffee and at the end of the two weeks he give me forty quid even though he didn't have to...

Not bad really apart from the huge travalling distance and the cold.

I was thrown into a toy shop for 2 weeks, had like 6 hours dinner brake because Kath (my boss) didnt want me talking about the model vechiles there to much I knew more about them than her and was getting alot more sales and she felt well I was better

I was afraid of the till for 4 days just cause of the till of open all hours :roll

I ended up in an asian mini supermarket. Hard work, but listening to the stories about the young guy getting random head on the bus and finding a gun and stuff was funny as hell. And I learned the secrets of the stock rooms (ie. if it's not opened, you can't steal it).

I was a court journalist for a few weeks, was quite funny with some of the cases.

There was one where a guy had come into a Take Away and beat the delivery boy up with a rolling pin. This was caught on camera and also witnessed by 2 people. When asked why he did it he said "when he left mine after the delivery he said, 'see you later' in an offensive way!" classic!

Well the position i'm filling right now isn't that hard to get but you need alot of patience, you need to take 6 tests, and fill out a 20 pages long application.

Not counting the interview i spent 4 hours to fill out and resolve everything..

and I'm only a Data entry clerk :-/

When I did it years ago I applied to work in a bank and didn't get that or any of my other choices so I had to apply again. That was just one of many things that I thought was crap about high school, I didn't mind it at A-Levels because by then you had something behind you to support you but before that high school consisted in no small part of being judged by the teachers on what they thought of my brother. Since they disliked him, even trying to accuse him of gluesniffing and drug taking in school which simply did not happen (and which they later had to admit to my parents was a load of shit, not that they showed any grace in doing so), this meant that I tended not to catch that many breaks. Unsurprisingly then, when it was time for work experience forms to be sent out with references from teachers, my choices didn't want me to work for them ahead of other pupils at the school. I got on well enough with those guys themselves, but it was another thing that made me wonder if all teachers were condescending know-it-all turds, something which took until my A-Levels to disprove (apart from my English teacher, he was the man).

Anyway, I worked for a charity whose name escapes me now. I spent some time in the office and some time out doing various tasks like helping out in an old folks' home, collecting stuff (worst item being this bloke and I having to shift a really heavy oven down a flight of stairs and into a van), that sort of thing. I appreciate a lot more, after having done that, what effort charity workers make, but I didn't really enjoy it.

I did my work experience where i am working now. Three weeks of working for LTS Rail as it was known then, i enjoyed it (god knows why) and i got on well with everyone so it turned out ok. I did manage to make a balls-up when making my first PA announcement, telling punters that the train stopped at Thorpe Park rather than Thorpe Bay, only a small mistake but the staff picked up on it, being as i was only 15 at the time i felt quite stupid. But i must have left a decent impression on them as after my GCSE's i was offered a part time job so i could attend sixth form, which was a bonus. However i failed the first year at sixth form, so i went to work at the station full time.

well my sister started hers monday, havent spoke to her bout it, just know its some hairdressing thing

I did mine at Burtons Menswear.

Cleaning mostly and organizing stock with my mate. Once i scaled some shelves and stood on top with a foot on either side. the door opened and I literally dropped about ten to 15 feet and to my ass. I cudnt sit down for days, the boss asked why i was on the floor to which i replied.I..uhhhhhhhh felll ov...over

I worked at a Solicitors' office. My nan got me my work placement there because she's friends with the people who work there. It was mildly interesting at times reading through wills and letters and stuff, but mainly it was boring and I spent my time surfing the net or pretending to take gargantuan shits so as to avoid the people I was with, even though they were really nice. I also jerked off in the office on my second day there, which was filthy!

Damn, I just wish I was doing two weeks of this now :( The kids are so bloody lovely it's scary, and I'll end up crying leaving them tomorrow, it's taken me days to explain after this week, I won't be coming back ever. Working with the 6/7 yr olds has been a wicked thing to do, and I've got a load of enjoyment out of it, just helping with little tasks like rearranging numbers is wicked cos when you see there little faces when they realise there right, it's magic. I'm really upset to be leaving tomorrow, as I would have loved to stayed a bit longer with them. I think I'll be a bit resentful of school now I've sampled what I could possibly do, and I don't want to be cooped up doing lessons no more. I've definately had my favourites this week, and I'll miss one girl in particular because she's really funny and cheeky, and reminds meself of a younger me, which is brilliant. I'm seriously envious of you Goldy, working as a classroom assistant, and hopefully it's something I'll be looking into doing in the future (if I fail as a teacher)

i worked in a lesiure centre for three days in the town next to mine and it sucke big style. there as four of us and only enough work for one. so instead my aunt and uncle let me come work for them in their head hunting business in bristol. got to play on the pc, scan in cvs and type up applications which they couldnt read. was very hard to resist correcting their spelling but i wasnt allowed!

trying to find some work experience at the mo for the summer - trying to get in Usk prison to work shadow one of the forensic psychologists there. also gonna try and get some work in at the magistrates court and possibly a police station. as long as it relates to the law i need to get some experience cos if i ever do manage to pass my degree then im going to need experience to help my applications for forensic psychologist trainnee.

mine was 2 weeks at Toys R Us and it was great! me and my mate had fun all the way through. we meesed about on the consoles they have there and then went for a nap on some matteresses! sounds cosy u reckon? :lol

mine was 2 weeks at Toys R Us and it was great! me and my mate had fun all the way through. we meesed about on the consoles they have there and then went for a nap on some matteresses! sounds cosy u reckon? :lol

Thank you Jack. Thank you.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for my next job application. Now though, you have shown me the way. Toys R Us is the job for me, making customers wait while playing on the consoles and going to sleep.