FA Cup Final

Vampiro

Let me start on how brilliant Ronaldo is. Some will say that, yeah he is ok in spells, but to be honest.. you cant expect the guy to run solid for 90 minutes. The skills, tricks paid of today. Brilliant to watch, with an end product and a goal. Noone can deny this guy is a talent and that its one of the best buys last season. So fergie wasnt all bad in the transfer market :P

Now Wise. What a dirty player. We are to good for him. We should have had a clear cut penalty and noone can say that we shouldnt have. What was he thinking when he brought scholes down? how did he get away with that? it baffles me it really does. when he had his hands around ronaldos face, what was that about? and he did the same to scholes puttin his hands all over his face. Wise is past it, and he should face that and retire. I could have said fair play to Millwall, but, not with Wise bringing the whole team down.

United didnt play to their best, but we absolutely controlled the game today. Millwall wasnt in it at all. Im not bein biased or arragant, but i cant really say well done to Millwall, because they havent done anything to warrant a well done.

As for Ruud. It says it all.. he was hardly in it.. and still ends up scoring 2 goals. However he wasnt my pick for man of the match :P Ronaldo was.

Man Utd are the FA Cup Winners!

Also.. Well done to Celtic!

The reason Vamp that it wasn't a penalty was because the ball was dead and not in open situation, had it happened after the free kick had actually been taken then it would have been a penalty.

As for the game, we ran it in a calm and professional nature and did the job, Giggs had a great moment to break through for the actual penalty and Ruud's 2nd goal... and the tribute to Jimmy Davies as well... glory glory Man Utd!

Let me start on how brilliant Ronaldo is...The skills' date=' tricks paid of today. Brilliant to watch, with an end product and a goal. Noone can deny this guy is a talent and that its one of the best buys last season. So fergie wasnt all bad in the transfer market.[/quote']

I'll give Ronaldo his fair do's today:he was sublime and ran the show. The majority of the people saying Ronaldo was a bad buy were the Man Utd fans, at around December time. You were slating him rotten, and Fergie for that matter. He had a stormer today though.

Now Wise. What a dirty player.

Wise was disgraceful today. However, being a Gooner, I thought some of his antics against Scholes were pretty funny.

We should have had a clear cut penalty and noone can say that we shouldnt have. What was he thinking when he brought scholes down? how did he get away with that?

I think Evil Gringo hit it on the head when he said the ball wasn't actually in play when it happened. However, I also don't think it helped that Jeff Winter, on his last game, seemed determined not to book anyone or give a penalty.

United didnt play to their best' date=' but we absolutely controlled the game today. Millwall wasnt in it at all. Im not bein biased or arragant, but i cant really say well done to Millwall, because they havent done anything to warrant a well done.[/quote']

A huge conradiction there, Vampiro: seeing as what is in the above box is not only arrogant, but biased AND extremely bad sportsmanship. Millwall were pretty good in the first half, but pretty bad in the second half. At least they tried to play the game right.

Well done to Man Utd, by the way, a deserved win. At least you can say you went undefeated in the FA Cup...:lol

Cheers!

Yeah a first divison club who beat Sunderland who correct me if I'm wrong beat Birmingham? Theirs no need for that Nicole, if Birmingham had been in the final today instead of Man Utd today and won then I would have congratulated them, hell even if they beat Utd, shame you couldn't do the same.

I'm fed up of arrogant United fans claiming it was a great match and they were all over Millwall. First half, Millwall were decent, and defended well on the goal line. Utd seemed to think that they had the cup in the bag anyway, which I think was wrong. The match bored me frankly. Oh, and we were crap against Sunderland and admit it.

I'm in two halves about Man Utd. On one hand, they have a nice Scottish contingent at the club with Ferguson and Big Walter on the coaching staff, along with Fletcher and Stewart in the squad. On the other hand, their fans tend to be arrogant gloryhunters who can somehow trace the fact that their gran's cousin's friend's brother in law once went to Old Trafford. It's a shame, because there's good wee clubs around the local area like City, Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn who could use just a few percent of the Man U fan base to really give themselves a boost.

Today I was fairly happy for Man United. They weren't celebrating beating a First Division club, they were celebrating their whole winning streak, which I think is fair enough. Ferguson didn't insult the cup's tradition by playing a second string side.

Anyway, onto Cristiano Ronaldo. Even when he was at Sporting and playing in the FIFA Youth Cup a wee while back I could tell he was a superb player, and I'm glad that everyone noticed how good he is today. The fact that he tries step-overs for 99% of the time he's in possesion is irrelevant because they work most of the time. Defenders know that the step over is coming, but the can't do anything. Cristiano Ronaldo is a class act, and I'd rather have him in my team than David Beckham any day of the week. Beckham might have the merchandising revenue, but Cristiano Ronaldo has the potential to be a much better player.

Anyway, well done Man Utd for their FA Cup run. And after some bloody stupid defending by The Pars to let THEM back in the game up in Scotland, I couldn't watch the rest of the game, so the FA Cup Final was the only alternative.

well done Utd' date=' fully deserved after us wolves ruined your league season, sorry[/quote']

LOL Man Utd lost 9 times this season in the league, I hardly think the one loss to Wolves ruined there season :lol

gawd how many times ive seen a discussion like this...

united didnt win the league for two reasons

1. Arsenal were by far and away the best team in the league this season

2. United were too incosistent especially when rio got banned, and the lack of defensive cover costed united dearly

hsm' date=' man u were doing well until wolves nearly beat them at old trafford, then southampton copied us and beat them, and others did aswell, we then beat them down here and boom man utd are dead in the league[/quote']

What complete and utter piffle! Your trying to say that Man Utd lost the league just because they drew with you at Old Trafford? I dont think Ive ever heard anything so ridiculous. Or do you really think after that game that Fergie said to his players "Well thats it lads we screwed now" .Just because teams beat man Utd doesnt mean they copied you. :lol

What did Wenger say last year; the best team is always the one that wins the FA Cup? I'll take that one this year Wenger :D

I think it's also the general concensus that "the best team is the one that doesn't lose a league match all season, something not done for 135 years". I may be wrong though.

dont talk ridiculous. we lost win the league because we were poor since about february.

Yeah. Course you did. Is it REALLY too hard for a Man Utd fan to give Arsenal any credit? I'm a Spurs fan and I seem to be able to do it....

I think you'll find plenty of occasions where I've given Arsenal credit.

As for yesterday I agree with everything thats been said, Ronaldo was great, Wise was an idiot and Millwall played well but in the end the class showed.

I can't say I was confident before the match I had a hell of a bad feeling about it all, I knew if we played well we would win but you never know on Cup Final day. Millwall came to defend and held put well, but as soon as we got our goal it was all over. Millwall offered very little in the second half, but until we scored the first goal it was very nervy.

Yeah its true at first we couldn't break them down and then Ronaldo got a run on a cross when Millwall made their first real mistake and stood still on a cross. And guess who was the nearest man who didn't pick him up? Wisey. And what did he do post match? Blame that on Neil Harris cos he doesn't like him, it never is Dennis Wise's fault is it Dennis? Pre match I remember the BBC interviewing Harris and asking him why Wise for no reason stripped him of the captain's armband, sounds like Harris won't be there much longer. Edited by Evil Gringo

Remember what I've said before though Cactus, the board is as tight as a nuns bum... I think the least we could do is pay his asking price, I wouldn't buy him but if we are then the least we could do is pay what they want, look what happened with Robben and Ronaldino when we tried to play games with cash strapped clubs...

I an ideal world both and in the real world we could have had both... In fact I still do but the fact is it was too much last summer at what £20m? The board will die before they shell out the required £60m this summer... As for upfront I say we snatch Beni from Porto before he goes to a bigger club like Deco is or even Morienties...