The Rock should never come back!

Captain Caveman

I am one of the biggest rock fans around. :worship I have followed him from his days in the nation (giving Farooq a picture of himslef) through to stone cold always getting the better of him when it counted (very annoying and dull). His 'The Rock Says' DVD is brilliant cause it shows why he is the best. Athletic, funny, great as heel or face and can sell a move like no other. He is miles ahead of Hogan (as he proved) and the time he was in it was the best time that the wwF has seen.

However, although i wasnt happy when he left for ages to film the mummy returns i wasnt too bothered as i knew he would be back, which he was. But then he started making more films and the abscences became even longer. Then he was just coming back for one fight to sell a ppv. This wasn't good enough. This i was all willing to overlook untill Wrestlemania. That wasnt the rock there, it was an out of shape, over exaggerated, shadow of the former star. The magic was gone. I was really dissapointed in him.

Now i know that Vince is finacially involved in his film career and both are doing well out of it but he has sold out the business that made him. He should either come back for a decent period and in decent shape for adecent feud or not come back at all.

I miss The Rock :( I hope he comes back (he can make 1 or 2 more films if he wishes) but then I want him to come back forever.. I am a big Rock fan always was always will be.. same with Stone Cold.. Stone Cold and The Rock have always been the top of my list even if they r not here.. but I hope they both come back though! :worship

The Rock is better doing what he is doing now. When he is around for too long, he gets stale really quickly. Check out his pop at WMXX, CRAP! Nobody cared, cos he was around for weeks leading in.

A one of here and there suits him better now.

As for him being miles ahead of Hogan. LMFAO! I think not. The main force behind the WWF when Rock was there was Steve Austin. He is considered, and IS, a much bigger star in wrestling than the Rock.

im sad to say it seems likey for the next few years it will only be a bit part appearance here and there from the rock, but dont forget hogan went through a movie stage at one point and he eventually just went back to wrestling for a while so hopefully the rock will do the same as he is a true entertainer

Like it or not, Rock is by far eclipsing Hogan's movie career in just a short amount of time. Hogan will always be a joke to everyone in the movie business, because he plays roles like Mr Nanny or Santa With Muscles where the films are never going to break the box office. The Rock takes acting lessons and appears in films which have serious aspirations of getting to number 1 in the US box offices. The critics loved The Rundown (I'll never call it W*****e T* T*e J****e, it sounds so 80's compared to the slicker, cooler sounding The Rundown), everyone thought that Rock was the true standout in Walking Tall, and he's attatched to John Woo's Spyhunter, the sequel to Get Shorty called Be Cool and will play the main character in Instant Karma, which features some major Hollywood stars in supporting roles to The Great One.

It's argueable whether The Rock is the bigger star in the wrestling arenas than Hogan, but there is zero debate that Rock is going to have a respectable movie career in the years to come, as opposed to Hogan's past few films which include 3 Ninja Kids and Ultimate Weapon, quite easily the worst action film I've ever seen.

well i'm a big rock mark and i welcome every wrestling appearance he has, but i'm also glad to see his movie career is doing well

like it or not, rock is the face of wrestling in north america to the mainstream public and he does a damn good job of representing it...total class act

how can a wrestling fan not like the rock, that's what i want to know

Like it or not, Rock is by far eclipsing Hogan's movie career in just a short amount of time. Hogan will always be a joke to everyone in the movie business, because he plays roles like Mr Nanny or Santa With Muscles where the films are never going to break the box office. The Rock takes acting lessons and appears in films which have serious aspirations of getting to number 1 in the US box offices. The critics loved The Rundown (I'll never call it W*****e T* T*e J****e, it sounds so 80's compared to the slicker, cooler sounding The Rundown), everyone thought that Rock was the true standout in Walking Tall, and he's attatched to John Woo's Spyhunter, the sequel to Get Shorty called Be Cool and will play the main character in Instant Karma, which features some major Hollywood stars in supporting roles to The Great One.

It's argueable whether The Rock is the bigger star in the wrestling arenas than Hogan, but there is zero debate that Rock is going to have a respectable movie career in the years to come, as opposed to Hogan's past few films which include 3 Ninja Kids and Ultimate Weapon, quite easily the worst action film I've ever seen.

Who mentioned movies?! Its obvious that the Rock is a much bigger movie star than Hogan, Hogan is a poor actor who does low budget kids movies, whereas the Rock does mainstream blockbusters. Nobody is arguing that.

But to even say its so much as argueable as to whether the Rock is as big, or bigger, star in wrestling than Hogan is a joke.

Rock isnt even close! The ONLY person who is near Hogan on the fame guage in wrestling in Steve Austin. Rock is below them both.

I don't think it will ever be the same if/when The Rock comes back to the full time roster. He made his name with his electric charisma and won the crowd over.

Then he left.

Then came back.

Then left.

Then came back for a PPV.

Then left again.

Back for a PPV...and so on.

Yes, Hogan managed to resurrect his wrestling career but The Rock will really struggle to get to the same levels of credibility that he had in 1998. The difference is that Hogan only ever seemed to wrestle at PPV's so fans didn't really notice the difference. The Rock was expected to perform every week before he made movies, and then all of a sudden he's not there, he can't just walk back in full time again.

Cheers!

I am a huge Rock mark and a huge Hogan mark. Trying to decide between the two is impossible for me. I love it when the Rock comes back every now and then and I do hope that some time he will take a lot of time off movies and spend it more with the wwe and I hope Hogan can get his daughters business taken care of and he also comesback as long as he and Vince can get along.

I totally mark out for very few but the Rock is one of them. He is the master of the mic, has all the skills, and can do it all.

Hogan was the man when I was a kid and so I'll always have a spot for him in my heart. However, I am more of a Rock fan.

Hey... I know. If I can figure out how to do it (research required) I will start a Rock vs Hogan poll. Keep your eyes open for it folks.

Hey... I know. If I can figure out how to do it (research required) I will start a Rock vs Hogan poll. Keep your eyes open for it folks.

There really is no point. It will go the same way as the Hulk vs Austin poll where Austin hammered him due to the fact that the majority of marks here are about 15-17 years old, and grew up on a heavy dose of Austin and not Hogan. The same will happen with the Rock.

You need to get people who have been watching since 1984 - 2002 to vote as they are the only people who really know what Hogan did for wrestling and know what Rock did for wrestling by living through each period, and actually seeing how people reacted to them both, in person. I'm not talking about looking up on the net how many tickets Hulk Hogan sold in 1990, I'm talking about being in school with hunders or thousands of other kids who idolised him, I'm talking about see how people used to hold him in such high regard.

You have to have lived it, to understand IMO.

Edited by The Beltster

The simple fact is Hogan got bums in seats, be it in the areana or glued to a pay per view.

They didn't call steve Austin the next Hulk Hogan for a laugh, as Austin got bums in seats.

The Rock however is relatively young, he has his career ahead of him be it movies or wrestling, but he's only just got started, and saying he is better than Hogan or Austin is simply not true, but he will be in 10 years time!

Just remember that it was the Rock's dream to wrestle Hogan and he got his first and only (in my opinion) Uber match, I'm sure even he will acknowledge he is living in the great one's shadow and I'm pretty sure that he will strive to surpass the phenomenom that is Hogan. But guys, don't oversell our Dwayne, he's got his skills and his stage presence, now he needs more of those uber memorable matches.

Perhaps he's just waiting for all the Heels to catch up with him?

Saracen

i think when hogan decides to quit and flair also they would be great co-gms on raw or smackdown. working off each other these two legends would certainly bring in the ratings because of nostalgia these two provide but also there fantastic mic skills.