A memorable wedding

TwistedJon

:help Not sure if i'll get many posts for this or not but i'm getting desperate.

My fiance and I are planning to get married next year, and we can't decide on where to have it as I don't want a church or registry office.

We might have the reception at Dudley castle but not sure where to hold the actual ceremony, and we want it to be memorable.

Any Ideas?

Not a church or registry office...

Well if you wanna pay good money go to the Chateau Impney in Droitwich and have the service in there marriage roomy bit, it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, would look brilliant in wedding photos.

My mom wanted a wedding in Dudley Castle. If you can arrange to have both in the Castle, it'd be hella memorable. Just imagine it, the wedding music plays, and your wife comes down, chimpanzee on her shoulder, all the animals dressed up in suits, and the vicor, an orangatang. And you could all be really cool and then when it's over, instead of confetti, the animals can throw mud over you, and then you can go on your honeymoon and have sex.

Wow - I just thought out the stupidest idea ever and didn't even stop myself :(

I'd say if you want simple, go registry office, but if you want memorable, go church OR if you can afford it, somewhere outside.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen was when I was in The Bahamas. As I walked along the beach, I saw a wedding taking place on the sand, and thought "Aaaw, how lovely". The weather was beautiful, the trees and water made it look like the tropical paradise that it is and I couldn't think of a nicer place to get married.

Then I walked a wee bit further down the beach and saw a topless girl getting photos taken of her in sexually suggestive poses surrounded by a film crew, right in the eyeline of the friends and family at the wedding. So that sealed it right there, I'll never get married on a Bahamas beach. If my eye started wandering and I caught site of that busty babe with her bits hanging out, I'd be too busy looking at that to say "I do". At least until I got slapped by my soon-to-be wife.

Oh, and my suggestion is to get married in a McDonalds, they'd probably throw in a free Big Mac or two to celebrate the occasion.

Not a church or registry office...

Well if you wanna pay good money go to the Chateau Impney in Droitwich and have the service in there marriage roomy bit, it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, would look brilliant in wedding photos.

For some reason that reminded me of Barry of Auf Wiedersehn Pet think it eas when you said Droitwich lol.

Look how kind I am, I found pictures of the chateau:

http://www.droitwichspa.com/images/p_chateau_imp2.jpg

http://www.chateau-impney.com/Chateau%20Impney%20Images/chateau-at-night1.jpg

and the owners a nice man who's worth billions...which is always a plus point :)

• 3 weeks later...