Jericho - The Best 'All Round' wrestler ever?

Matt

An earlier thread made me think of this. Anyone else agree? For me Jericho is the best all round of all time. By 'All Round' i mean the whole pakage. Look, Attitude, Mic Skills, Charisma, Wrestling Skill he has it all.

There have been better wrestlers than Chris Jericho (Angle, Hart, Benoit, Dynamite) and ther have been better promo's. But i dont think that there has been anyone else that has had it all quite the way Jericho has. You could say that Flair and Michaels have but i just dont think that they have had as much talent in every department like Jericho has.

For me Chris is at his best when he is heel. He is the best in the WWe at drawing heat and as a heel Champ i think Chris can carry WWE.

And it really, really pisses me off when you have got Jericho in lets face it a crap feud with Christian and on SD you've got Bradshaw in the main event.

What do you guys think?

I'm a big Jericholic and I defintly think he's one of these guys who has the full status.

Good on the Mic, Great Entrance Music, Great Attire (I'm not gay!), fantastic in the ring but he's missing one thing..........A SECOND TITLE REIGN! This he totally deseves and I have great hope for him doing it soon.(Y2J VS CHRiSTIAN was the best match as wrestlemania in my opinion)

Also I kinda agree with Jackbibby, the Rock is the same as Jericho with basically a different gimmick, although Jericho is the better WRESTLER, rock a better SHOOTER I feel and always pulls out a great match when the people are behind him (Backlash 2000)

Rock is not a great all-rounded. As a wrestler, he has to be carried, but because of his charisma and great timing and presence, few tend to notice as much.

As for Jericho, he is much more of an all-rounder, but by no means is he the best ever. Shawn Michaels did a lot better in a big match situation during his heyday than Jericho did. He was also charismatic, a good talker, played the underdog fantastically, and could be a solid cocky heel too. Eddie Guerrero is another guy, totally on top of his game. If I can see anyone in the current crop still going strong at 50, it's Eddie. I would put both Ted DiBiase and Randy Savage in the all-round catagory too, and say that they did much better as well during their peaks.

And as a side note, I've actually found Jericho and Christian's feud to be probably the most exciting aspect of RAW as of late (which is saying something since it's hard not to find something entertaining on the show as of late), and it's not just because of Jericho :) He can work extremely well with a good opponent, but the one thing that let's him down is that he can't carry opponents. That's probably what sets him apart from Michaels, Guerrero, and etc.

How is The Rock the best all round wrestler when he lacks in the wrestling department?

Jericho isn't the best all rounder either as far as I'm concerned, Jericho doesn't always seem to give it his all. When Jericho is interested, Yes he is a great talent, But when he isn't involved in a paticularly big angle, He seems to lack something and tends to botch moves a lot more often than other main eventers.

For me Kurt Angle is probably the greatest all rounder, He's got a huge ammount of charisma, He has the look, He can talk, He's an amazing techincal wrestler and has one of the best moonsaults in WWE. He can work well with just about anybody also.

rock vs jericho was probably my favourite feud ever back in 2000 when both me were really huge and at their best. Sorry to say as big I am a jerichoholic and hate the rock now hes all movies the rock will lways be the better all rounder

flair would be an obvious choice...austin also

rock is probably my pick though...and before everyone cries that he lacks in wrestling, the man is quite capable of having great wrestling matches (and has done it before) despite not being a benoit in terms of technique

But who has he had them with though? Benoit? Jericho? Angle? Says it all really.

Not that he's awful (except for his Sharpshooter which is the single WORST variation of the move I have EVER seen in my entire life). But when you're in there against Angle and Benoit, ANYONE is gonna have a good wrestling match.

But who has he had them with though? Benoit? Jericho? Angle? Says it all really.

Not that he's awful (except for his Sharpshooter which is the single WORST variation of the move I have EVER seen in my entire life). But when you're in there against Angle and Benoit, ANYONE is gonna have a good wrestling match.

well he's also had them with foley, austin and triple h

but his crowning achievement would probably be his iron man match against triple h at judgment day 2000, when no one thought he could go an hour...not only did he go an hour, they had about a ****3/4 match

kick ass PPV BTW

I'd personally say Shawn Michaels. While I wouldn't say his mic skills were fantastic, his charisma really helps him through that and hes one of the greatest workers ever. I love Jericho and think hes a great all round package. He just sometimes shows inconsistancies in his performances the very odd time which would stop me saying hes the best all rounder.

I'd go with Michaels.

When y2j was the undisputed champ i nearly stopped watching. I couldnt watch him, his whole attitude just annoyed the hell out of me and no thats not the sign of him playing heel well I just thought he stunk. He wasn't in the same league as the rock, hhh and stone cold then. Look what happened when he interupted the rocks promo one night, he got shot down in flames by the great one.

However recently i have been really warming to him, i think at that time he was just pushed too far, too soon. Now if he was to move to smackdown, that would be a different story. A heel turn and feud with eddie would lift sd to new heights. I remember in his wcw days i used to think he was great. His showreel promos are really funny and in ring ability is unquestionable.

But best ever all-rounder? No way. Im a huge rock fan but will admit his wrestling is limeted. HBK is the best there has been. If you doubt me just think back to his DX days, brilliant.

I think Jerhico is a well rounded wrestler, but as alot of you have said he isn't totally consistant in his in ring perfromances. I would have to give the nod to Shawn Micheals if he would wrestle different oppointents... so... I would have to say Kurt Angle is the best well rounded performer and wrestler. He always gives a 100% and works great as a heel or face.

-d

I have to go with Kurt Angle as the most complete wrestler ever. He's an amazing in-ring performer who could make a good match with a one-legged blind monkey, he has buckets of charisma, and was always very good on the mike, which is really something when you consider he had no background in acting or anything else before he came to wwe. I also think he's one of the funniest guys ever, not neccessarily with the one-liners like the Rock, but in terms of skits and reactions.

On the subject of Jericho; I think his inability to carry inferior opponents like Michaels or Angle will always count against him in debates like this. However, he is, and will always be, one of my favourite wrestlers of all time.

I would love to see Jericho get another title reign. Looking back on his undisputed title reign (Dec 2001 - March 2002), I've always thought that WWE let the guy down terribly with their booking and with the attitude of certain people. Maybe because of that, there'll always be the "failed champion" stigma attached to Jericho for some people, which I think is unfair.

Jericho is awesome all around...

Angle is highly ranked among the greats...

Hogan could always get an audinece on their feet, heel or face...

Ric Flair IS a wheelin'-dealin' kiss stealin', limo ridin' jet flyin' son-of-a-gun...

The Mah-Cho Man's exploits and intensity are ALWAYS extremely entertaining...

Kurt Hennig could piss off anyone, bragging and then backing it up...

BUT

The Rock IS the most electrifying man in Sports Entertainment EVER!!!!!!!!!

Id say its a close one between Jericho, Rock, and Austin.

But ill have to agree with f2k the Jericho/Rock fued was amazing in 2000. Anyone remember when Michael Cole interviewed The Rock and Jericho on RAW once. Absoultly Top Stuff, best interview i think ive ever seen :lol .

But ill go for Austin because hes my favourite wrestler ever