Anyone else spot the irony? **JD spoiler**

Ed_666

Anyone else spot the irony of the finish to Eddie's match at JD?

Firstly you've got a challenger who smarks love to berate for not being able to work/not deserving their main event spot. He's bigger than the champion, and not as technical a wrestler, more of a brawler. And the match ends when the champion gets himself DQ'd by hitting the challenger with an object right in front of the ref.

You may think I'm talking about the title match at JD '04, but I'm not.

What I'm talking about is the (Raw) title match from JD '03!

World heavyweight championship: Kevin Nash def. Triple H (DQ) (ch)

I can't remember but I think HHH did a blade job in the match as well, making it practically the same match as the year before, with the same finish.

Funily enough, when HHH did it, he got loads of shit for "hogging" the belt, and was accused of refusing to job etc. Wonder if Eddie will get accused of the same? :P

Ed

Hehe, I figured this would be something to do with proving something about Triple H. :)

I don't think too many people were outraged last year about him not dropping the belt to Nash to be honest, maybe they were but I seriously can't remember. I think they were bemoaning the fact he hadn't dropped it but I don't think they were bemoaning the fact he hadn't dropped it to Kevin Nash. I think it would have been awful if he had dropped it to Nash who has been proven as the worst drawing champion ever. I also think it would have been awful had Guerrero dropped it to Bradshaw.

I like Nash because he doesn't take himself too seriously most of the time. Just think back to WCW and "Coach" Nash. He would dso crazy stuff like pretend to be the Grand Wizard. I laughed so hard I cried.

You mean crap gimmicks like :

Vinnie Vegas

Finishing move: Snake Eyes!

If he wants to be a damn comedian than he should of taken his show on the road and stayed out of the ring!

Nash has never been able to carry a match by himself!

Gods sake the man only has four friggen moves and calles himself a wrestler! give me a break!

You mean crap gimmicks like :

Vinnie Vegas

Finishing move: Snake Eyes!

If he wants to be a damn comedian than he should of taken his show on the road and stayed out of the ring!

Nash has never been able to carry a match by himself!

Gods sake the man only has four friggen moves and calles himself a wrestler! give me a break!

Well it's not really his fault he got stuck with the Vinnie Vegas gimmick he was just doing his job, a bit like Triple H being called Terra Ryzing or Kane being Isaac Yankem.

And theres nothing wrong with having someone around to laugh at.

Can't argue with the four moves thing though :)

Why do I think that if this finish had been HHH as champ and Eddie (or someone) as challenger we'd already be reading the news story:

"The scheduled finish for JD was for Eddie to win, but HHH lobbied for it to be changed"

Guess Eddie must be up to the same tricks, eh? :P

Ed

Why do I think that if this finish had been HHH as champ and Eddie (or someone) as challenger we'd already be reading the news story:

"The scheduled finish for JD was for Eddie to win, but HHH lobbied for it to be changed"

Guess Eddie must be up to the same tricks, eh? :P

Ed

Ed, I'm begging you, stop making me hate HHH just because of you when I'm starting to like him again.

to be honest having not seen the current match between jbl and eddie i cant pass judgement lol judgement day judgement get it lol anyway i enjoyed that trips vs nash match last year, especially when nash then nashkniffed trips through the announce table that was awesome lol

ed i think youll find too many people hate hhh to take this point, its a shame that peope think hes at the top plainly because hes married to stephanie and dont realise he IS second best to the rock in his all round game.

Ed, it probably has something to do with Eddie actually being the best worker in the company right now and everyone having a hell of a lot of respect for him, whilst HHH is currently 3 years past his prime and banging the bosses daughter whilst in on the creative meetings whereas Eddie isn't.

Just a hunch :)

Yeah because god forbid that people dislike Triple H simply because they don't actually like him anymore.

I'm sorry but the whole "Fashion" idea is a complete and utter cop out by Triple H fans. Whilst those who dislike him give their reasons most of the time, All you get of HHH fans is "How do you know he has as much pull as he does? You're not backstage so shut up". But Triple H fans seem to think it's perfectly fine to say "Triple H doesn't have as much pull backstage as the Internet makes out" Where is the proof of this? That's right you have NONE!, So please stop trying to tell us we're wrong, When you have no proof to say that what you say is right. For example, When a non HHH fan pulls up some proof from a guy who has worked backstage for WWE, Who AMICABLY split from the company, You immediatly defend the guy with BS like "He's just a bitter ex employee looking to stir trouble", Care to find proof of this theory...Again, YOU CAN'T...So again we're fobbed off the pathetic "It's a Fashion" argument.

It annoys me when people like the above turn around and say it's a "Fashion" to hate HHH. People have differing opinons on Triple H to you...It's called having an opinion.

Care to read the end of my second paragraph again?

Not to mention the many Internet journalists who have contacts within WWE, But no wait, I suppose all of the current WWE superstars are bitter also, Because HHH is such an angel.

EDIT: Also did I not mention that a lot of people have been praising Triple H as of late also? But wait I forgot...We all hate HHH because it's fashion to do so. So even when people like me praise him, We're still "Fashionable" HHH bashers.

Edited by c0ma

well difference between this years and last years is that eddie is a newish champion but trips has to be champion for so many months of the year its pretty boring and predictible cos you know he'll have the title at some point this year, and i really do believe thats why so few decent wreslters are given a push because of his influce and the fact he cries if he dont get his own way

Firstly' date=' it IS a fashion to be anti-HHH and I'm sure a lot of you will acknoledge this:[/quote']

The only people who would acknowledge that would be people who are big HHH fans.

So nobody likes Billy Gunn, so is it "Fashion" to be "anti-Billy Gunn"?

This is what Kurt Angle said on the LAW:

"you don't want to end up like HHH, people were tired of seeing that guy have every single championship match every single month, after while you just think give someone else chance

So is Kurt Angle just following "fashion" and being "anit-HHH" or is he raising a valid point that alot of other people agree with?

Funny thing about news stories is how selective some people are with what they choose to believe, if Dave Scherer reports that Brian Lawler was fired 4 hours before WWE announce it or TNA are in talks with Fox Sports then nobody questions it but if Dave Shearer reports that HHH was extremely negative about Chris Jericho in a creative meeting then its met with "there’s no proof" or "he's just anti-HHH".

Edited by Tajiri

Hand on heart I have not rated Triple H since he came back from his quad injury, he just hasn't got the same thing about him as he did before.

But I was damn sure cheering him on in such pathetic title matches as Steiner, Nash and Goldberg.

I was a big Triple H fan, and I don't exactly hate him now, dislike would be a better term.

He definately doesn't deserve his top spot through his in ring work thats for sure, but its a case of who is gonna take his place and who is ready to do it right now?

I don't see many i'm afraid.

I actually think people have given Triple H his due respect lately. I don't think its a fashion at all. If people like what they see they'll say it. Just like if they don't like something, then they'll say it. Anything to do with Triple H last year and the year before sucked. 2000 he was great and people said so. Triple H is doing well lately and people are saying so.

I think another point that is kind of being missed is the fact Triple H has more or less been in the title picture for the last 4 years. Eddie Guerrero on the other hand has only been in the title picture for 3 months. So of course people aren't going to moan as much about Guerrero retaining the title as they are about Triple H.

Edited by The Crippler