Eugene Segment from Raw (Possible spoiler)

Richard Flair

Hey

I downloaded Raw like I do every week and skipped straight to the part of Eugene and Coach. Now, this segment was the best I have ever seen. I am not just saying this, but I have to say something about how amazing I felt when I watched this part of Raw. Before I do, I would like to remind any fans from the UK that haven't watched Raw yet, this may be a spoiler to you.

First, Mark Grisham showing that he has some damn good talent by reacting well to Eugene. Then, Coach comes out and tells him to take a hike. Nicely played out. Then, The Coach makes Eugene cry. This brought out great emotion from the live crowd and I am sure from the people at home too. Eugene walks up the ramp. Now at this point, I was trying to guess when The Rock's music would play. I was guessing it from when Eugene was still in the ring but the WWE crew left it until the very last moment. It hit. The Rock's music hit and the place errupted, so did the arena Raw was in. The Rock walks down the ramp, seconded by Eugene. After that, The Rock makes fun of Coach, makes Eugene one of the most over men on Raw and gives Lillian Garcia a very special hello baby!

But the thing I loved the most was the People's Elbow. Never before have I 'marked out' for a move since the Referee's Elbow on Smackdown from 2001. Eugene takes his jacket off, doesn't go too far by throwing it into the crowd but puts it behind him. Hell, the move sucked but it was the moment. The moment Eugene hit the single move that is internationally known besides the Hogan Legdrop of Doom. The segment ends with Eugene following The Rock onto the top turnbuckles and raising an arm.

Wow, that segment was the best written and best performed segment I have ever seen in professional wrestling. Eugene is about as over as Benoit, HHH or HBK now! Stick him in a match with HHH and watch the fans go! Bellows of cheers to horrendus boo's.

The segment delivered in it's purposes though. Next week, we will see The Coach beig called a popcorn fart in addition to chants of screw the Coach. But most of all, we will see the beginning of Eugene, one of the most over men on Raw. The Rock passed some of his overness onto Eugene to make his character a star. I would maybe even go out on a limp and say that The Rock gained overness too from acting alongside Eugene. But the bottom line is, The Rock came back for one night and done what only The Rock can do, get someone over and do it very...(And Richard Flair means very! OK, so Eugene can do it but I can't??)...well.

If this is the case, then I think WWE may have saved itself from a potential taste violation.

Ever since I heard about this Eugene character I have been a little doubtful as to the wiseness of this move, but then I got to thinking, WWE is all about the American dream right?

I think what WWE are trying to do here is putting across to people that disabilities do not a man make, if Eugene can be a possible rolemodel for disabled people and show able bodied people out there that they are not to be feared then that is fine by me.

I know a lot of people fear this is exploitation, but as was shown by this *spoiler* Eugene is going to play a big part in WWE storylines, especially on the part of fighting prejudice and role reversal.

The bad guys want Eugene to fail, the good guys want to treat him as an equal, simple plot that works... finally! A Story has come BACK to the WWE!

Saracen

can you actually download a show like RAW? if so where from?

You can download it at my website. I don't know the rules about advertising here so I will PM you the website address. I know that on my site, we don't allow websites to be advertised on the boards.

what do u mean by the special hello baby... or should i just watch...

Well he pulls his crotch and says "Hey, howya doin' hunny?". So it is basically a continuation of the "Lillian likes strudel" angle the WWE pulled back when The Rock was a full-time character.

I too thought it was an incredible segment. One of the best ever. Rocky really had the crowd in the palm of his hand, as always. He put Eugene over incredibly well (the 'Eugene' chant was thunderous). The whole segment was hot. Coach was excellent, Rocky was excellent, Dinsmore was excellent.

Personally I think the one off appearances from The Rock are great. People can talk all they like about Triple H and HBK and their star power but Rocky is on another planet from those guys. When it comes to the microphone and involving a crowd, for me hes the greatest ever bar none.

Top, top segment.

I too thought it was an incredible segment. One of the best ever. Rocky really had the crowd in the palm of his hand, as always. He put Eugene over incredibly well (the 'Eugene' chant was thunderous). The whole segment was hot. Coach was excellent, Rocky was excellent, Dinsmore was excellent.

Personally I think the one off appearances from The Rock are great. People can talk all they like about Triple H and HBK and their star power but Rocky is on another planet from those guys. When it comes to the microphone and involving a crowd, for me hes the greatest ever bar none.

Top, top segment.

yeah i agree...rock is in a class of his own

that was an AWESOME segment...so far so good for project eugene...he really does come across as a feel good type of character

You can download it at my website. I don't know the rules about advertising here so I will PM you the website address. I know that on my site' date=' we don't allow websites to be advertised on the boards.[/quote']

You're more than welcome to plug your site in both the Links forum and in your sig.

You can also plug it in a post relevent to it. I.e. in this one, the guy asked where he could find RAW, and your site can help him, so that's ok cas it's relevent. But if we were talking about say.. badgers and horses cross-breeding and you plugged your site for no reason, THEN it wouldn't be allowed.

http://www.wweforumsuk.com

The media section is about halfway down the page. It is often updated with the latest media (ie Raw, Smackdown, PPV's, etc). There is also a request section for requests.

To save time, click here for the topic for Raw.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, you will need to register first. Registration is simple. Just fill out the form and log in!

I have been against the Eugene characer all along, i think its tasteless and very poor. As much as it pains me to do so, i must admit that his segment on Raw with Rocky and the Coach was highly enjoyable. I marked out when seeing the Rock, especially as it was a surprise appearance, and when he was speaking, it looked like he was actually having fun out there and enjoying being back in front of a crowd.

Top, top segment.

Amen Crippler :worship

I think it was funny mark out moment for all and it shows Triple H and Shawn Michaels how to truely give the rub to any superstar... Rock could have veto'd the whole thing but the fact is he bounced back against people saying he ain't a company guy and gave a fantastic promo and interaction that set Eugene up well with the crowd...

Fav moment, the bit were Eugene said his fav wrestler was HHH, Rock's face was priceless and Coach's was top notch too... wonder if HHH had a part in that part himself though?

Cool down Cactus (throws glass of water on him)

Nah Rock wouldn't beat on a 'special' wrestler, could you imagine all the people who truely felt Eugene was really that way not going to see Rock's new film because of it... lol I can see it on the news now... "Wrestling star the Rock's new film release 'Walking Tall' has been removed from the cinemas due to a record number of complaints and threated demonstrations to his treatment of a young backward man known as Eugene..."

dinsmore really has this character down cold...kudos to him as its the type of character that could have had failure written all over it...it reminds me of matt borne's portrayal of the evil doink, in that he made it a brilliant gimmick in spite of itself

just watch dinsmore do even simple mannerisms such as clapping...very convincing

That was probably the best RAW I have seen in a long while. The Rock And Eugene segment was classic. Eugene is a helluva talent, and he's only been with the WWE a little over a month and is almost as over as The Rock. It's crazy...

just watch dinsmore do even simple mannerisms such as clapping...very convincing

Its the way he extends his hand doing it that sells it. Anyway, without watching my tapes is it right to say Dinsmore's put on weight, whether for the role or not (I last saw him in 2003)?