Shane

Vampiro

Has anyone managed to catch this? Its a script written by Frank Skinner. I like Skinner, hes a very funny guy when ive seen him on The Frank Skinner Show. But this Shane is appauling. Its so cheap and tacky. I do laugh sometimes at how bad the jokes actually are.

Does anybody actually like it?

What are your views on it?

Shane is beyond dreadful. The jokes are stale, predictable and just plain bad, the plots are nonexistant, none of the characters are likeable/memorable and don't get me started on the acting.

Like people have said above Frank Skinner is funny. His stand up is good, Fantasy Football League was amazing and even Baddiel and Skinner unplanned, despite its critics, was enjoyable in places. Shane however is unforgivable.

I think it is a really good show. I saw the topic and thought "Yes, people who like Shane". How wrong I was!

Someone said that the acting was bad. How in the blue hell did you get that??? There is nothing wrong at all with the acting. Even the younger guy (I can't remember his name) and Velma (How could I forget her) can act. I don't know what you are basing that comment on.

The jokes are funny or at least contribute well. The part of the show I am most in tune with are the expressions on Shane's face when something is said and we know the joke, he knows the joke, but he doesn't want to say. Take last night for example, when he was in the car with the bartender. Something about sticking his nose in it I think (I am not very good at remembering things!).

A quote from last nights episode:

''You're a very good looking young man Shane...and witty...and charming''

Not only is that not particularly true but it makes it all the more intolerable that you know Skinner wrote it himself. 'Shane' is nothing more than Frank's affectionate love letter to himself. The show is ridiculously unfunny and not worth a second series. Of course, he's famous so it will obviously get another run and thats a real shame.

A quote from last nights episode:

''You're a very good looking young man Shane...and witty...and charming''

Not only is that not particularly true but it makes it all the more intolerable that you know Skinner wrote it himself. 'Shane' is nothing more than Frank's affectionate love letter to himself. The show is ridiculously unfunny and not worth a second series. Of course, he's famous so it will obviously get another run and thats a real shame.

Ok, but that is your opinion. How do you know that Shane is nothing more than Frank's love for himself? Could someone have written that part for him? Or maybe...just maybe...does he think that it might fit in with the storyline of that one show! I guess you hate HHH for keeping midcarders down and you resent JBL's push don't you?

Ok' date=' but that is your opinion. How do you know that Shane is nothing more than Frank's love for himself? Could someone have written that part for him? Or maybe...just maybe...does he think that it might fit in with the storyline of that one show! I guess you hate HHH for keeping midcarders down and you resent JBL's push don't you?[/quote']

This is ridiculous. I based my opinion on the fact that Frank Skinner said he wrote it himself alone and that it says that it was written by Frank Skinner in the credits. I can't see how you relate that to me hating Triple H at all. What has keeping midcarders down got to do with this?

For your information, I like Triple H. I think he is great on the mic and one of only a few wrestlers deserving of the WWE title at the moment. This isn't however the wrestling forum, this is the TV forum and should be kept that way.

Personally, I think that making a good looking actress say to your own character (played by yourself lets not forget) that they're good looking is a tad arrogant. I suppose that makes me hate Bradshaw of course. How inane.

I was being sarcastic at the fact that you think he is trying to make his own character look good by getting another woman to tell him that. Maybe...just maybe, the whole series is about him and the comment actually belongs within the storyline!

Why I brought HHH up was because people see the same happen to HHH and I wanted to know if you jumped on the same badwagon as everyone else and not form your own opinions.

I was being sarcastic at the fact that you think he is trying to make his own character look good by getting another woman to tell him that. Maybe...just maybe, the whole series is about him and the comment actually belongs within the storyline!

Why I brought HHH up was because people see the same happen to HHH and I wanted to know if you jumped on the same badwagon as everyone else and not form your own opinions.

Oh come on. The first episode was all about a good looking teenage underwear model finding him hilarious and sexually irresistable. He wrote it himself! During the series everyone seems to talk about how funny Shane is, who is practically giving lines from Skinners own act. He wrote it himself! And then, to end as he started, another good looking woman finds him hilarious and sexually irresistable. I'm sorry but can you really not see how I would find this arrogant? Also, how do any of these examples that I'm giving benefit the storyline? Infact, first things first, does Shane even have a storyline?

As for the opinion comment, what bandwagon am I jumping on here? Response to the show has been mixed, infact I would say a majority seem to like it. The fact is I don't agree with you which means I must just be fooling myself into not liking it, secretly longing for a DVD boxset of the series.

I don't get it? What is wrong with making your character seem sexually irresistable? Are you saying that nobody ever finds an ordinary man sexually irresistable? he has lines from his own act because he wrote it himself, you said that. I don't see the arrogance because he is playing a part. It is not Skinner and Shane is not really him. What benifit does he have by making his character seem likeable to women? It is dealing with the pressures that this man, Shane, has. It is that simple. It isn't about Skinner being sexually appraised to himself, it isn't about Skinner trying to make himself seem like the big man as far as the ladies are concerned and it isn't about Velma really wanting breast implants. The show is about an ordinary man who has problems with his family, trying to deal with a 16 year old feminist daughter and take care of what comes up in his day to day life. He likes this woman and this woman likes him. Has that never happened to anyone before? I see no wrong in having that as a storyline for one episode.

I'm a Frank Skinner fan but Shane is absolutely dreadful. I love my sitcoms, and know a good sitcome when I see one, but this lame. Very chessy, acting is wodden and the audience...bah.

Maybe because Seinfeld rules everything, it makes everything else look so crap. :)