Russo found God

Dead Crow

1wrestling.com

A PERSONAL MESSAGE FROM VINCE RUSSO

By: Vince Russo

5/18/2004 9:15:42 AM

A Personal Message from Vince Russo:

To all those who have supported me over the years and also those who have opposed me.

Dear Friends,

Living in “our” world which at times is woven together by gossip, half-truths and lies, I wanted to set the record straight on something you are sure to hear about over the next few weeks.

To those in the business--fans, friends and foes, I have a reputation that can be debated until the end of time. There are those who love me and there are those who hate me, I’ve always accepted that. But those who know me truly know my heart. Those who know me understand what I’m all about. The truth is—that’s all that ever really mattered to me. In my journey throughout life, what always mattered most to me was how big the man’s heart. You can talk all you want about baby faces and heels, but beneath that—we’re all human beings--men and women, sons and daughters, mothers and fathers. That’s why I always looked for “the heart”.

Believe it or not, I’ve never “hated” anyone in this business—no one. If I felt like I was being mistreated I would always try to put myself in the other guys shoes—why is he doing this?—what’s going through his mind? For whatever reason, my heart would never let me “hate”, I guess it just wasn’t in me. And the truth is—I think I had good cause to feel that way about a lot of people—but something inside just wouldn’t allow it. And, it’s funny, because I HATED the wrestling business. I hated what it did to my life, I hated what it did to my family and I hated what it did to me. If I’m going to come clean here, I’m going to come clean: My tenure at WCW drowned me in a sea of deep depression. For the first time in my life I truly understood why people committed suicide—and that’s a sad commentary. But something pulled me through it—something that at the time I just couldn’t understand.

I jumped for joy when my contract expired at WCW, and I knew TNA would be different—but it wasn’t—it was the wrestling business. A business built on dog-eat-dog, every man for himself and TOTAL, TOTAL paranoia. By the way did I mention the politics?

About 6 months ago I felt that TNA was no different from WCW. As a matter of fact, for the first time I came close to actually hating somebody in the business—and that was my best friend Jeff Jarrett. It was at that point that I was overcome with a feeling that shook, and a voice that shouted, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!!” At that exact moment something changed drastically in my life. I didn’t seek it—I didn’t pursue it—I didn’t ask for it--it just fell on my head like a steel anvil. Suddenly, without warning I became filled with grace. My entire being changed—mentally, physically and most importantly. . . spiritually.

At 43 years-old, I never thought I’d be at this place in my life. I never thought I could be happy not only in the wrestling business, but in life in general. But, I am. I am because after a hellacious 43 year ride I finally realized one thing—it’s not about me—it never was—it’s about the one who created me. Now I’m not going to preach, not now anyway, because I realize that many don’t want to hear it—remember I was one of the many—but I just wanted to share my story because I felt compelled to. . . by that same voice. It is now out of my hands.

I don’t expect many to understand—but in time they will, I believe we all will. It took me 42 years to “get it”, but the point is—I got it. And that’s why starting May 24th I’ll be attending Denver Seminary School. No, it’s not an angle, not a work, but rather the most important thing I will ever do in my life. Where this takes me I have no idea, but again, that is now out of my hands. But, I will tell you this—I can’t wait to get there! If it’s the wrestling business, then so be it. If my story can have a changing effect on one life then it will all be worth it. If it’s not the wrestling business, that’s OK too, I am now here to serve, not be served In closing I would like to end with a lyric from a song I heard just today that just about sums it up for me:

“Maybe Lord, I can show someone else what I’ve been through myself on my way back to you.”

Kris Kristofferson

Why Me?

Thank you for the opportunity,

Vince Russo

I can see where this is going. Russo starts quoting from the Bible, acts nice to everyone and is invited to the Christian Wrestling Federation show with Sting, DiBiase and Animal. He cuts a promo after a match;

"I love God. He's great. Man, I'm so religious, and the Bible rules. In fact, I want everyone out there to buy a copy of the Good Book...and stick it up your asses! God sucks, Satan is the daddy, and I'm the father of Stacy's kid! THIS IS THE ULTIMATE MOTHER OF ALL SWERVES! BUY THE NWA TNA PPV TO SEE ME GET MY ASS KICKED!"

I'm psychic, I tell ya.

If I have offended anyone religious, I'm sorry. Really, I know it must be hard to put up with life in a culture where it must seem like you're the minority, and there are so many people out there who's lifes would be so much better if they found God. But most importantly, I'm sorry for something else.

I'm sorry that YOU'RE ALL STUPID!! SWEEEEEEEEEERVE!!! HAHAH! YOU CAN'T SPELL RUSSO WITHOUT RUSS, THIS IS THE TRUE ULTIMATE MOTHER OF ALL SWERVES! YOU ALL BOUGHT IT HOOK, LINE AND SINKER!

P.S. Good luck Vince.

Yet another reason for me to hate Vince Russo I suppose.

I love how this guy makes out he has never done anything wrong in his time in the business. It's got to the point where I can't be bothered to read through anything Russo posts anymore because nine times out of ten it's all about him trying to convince people that he has been the victim and that we should all feel sorry for him.

Well it seems like the perfect set up for a swerve, but with Sting working for the company and his high Christian morals, is this the best work to pull off? I mean, there has to be some other way...surely! It would offend someone and take viewers away from TNA although I find it hard to believe the number pushed away will outweigh the number drawn in.

I can see where this is going. Russo starts quoting from the Bible, acts nice to everyone and is invited to the Christian Wrestling Federation show with Sting, DiBiase and Animal. He cuts a promo after a match;

"I love God. He's great. Man, I'm so religious, and the Bible rules. In fact, I want everyone out there to buy a copy of the Good Book...and stick it up your asses! God sucks, Satan is the daddy, and I'm the father of Stacy's kid! THIS IS THE ULTIMATE MOTHER OF ALL SWERVES! BUY THE NWA TNA PPV TO SEE ME GET MY ASS KICKED!"

That would not surprise me in the slightest. Vince Russo is known for the fact that most of what he does is a work and no doubt this is as well. Russo seems to live for publicity.

Don't forget HBK is a devout Christian now and he strongly believes that it is god's will for him to be a wrestler.

If the guy's found god, the guys found god....

Makes absolutely no difference to me, if he is happier, then he'll enjoy his wrestling more and be a better wrestler for it.

If it is a work, then again, it makes no difference to me, just another storyline.

Only one slight flaw, it takes two to create him, God created adam and eve, the rest is genetics.... unless of course he was the next virgin birth and forgot to tell anyone.

I jest of course, good luck to him if he's found his peace.

Saracen

Don't forget HBK is a devout Christian now and he strongly believes that it is god's will for him to be a wrestler.

If the guy's found god, the guys found god....

Saracen

Exactly there are alot of christians in the wrestling bussiness like HBK and Jake the Snake Roberts.

I'm a devout Christian, Russ I understand that u dont belive but think of other people on this forum who might believe I found it offensive, if u want to critisize Christians for thier beliefs keep em to your self . And just respect us ok instead of ridaculing our beliefs.