John Tenta

Cactus Jack

Apologies if this is old news:

As some of you have no doubt heard, either through the Official WrestleCrap Forum or various news sources around the net, my good friend John "Earthquake" Tenta has recently been diagnosed with advanced bladder cancer. I was stunned when I heard the news. If there was ever a guy who deserved to live to be 100, it's John. He's a good guy, with a great sense of humor. That much was made evident to a lot of you at not only the forum (where he hosts his own section), but also in the foreword of the WrestleCrap book and the interview I did with him for the site a few years back. In fact, the credibility he has brought both the site and the book is something I don't think I could have ever accomplished on my own.

I had the chance to talk with John right after the announcement was made, and the first thing he told me was that there was no way he was going to give up hope. He is going to do everything he can to make it through, as he simply has too much to live for. He wants to see his daughter get married, he wants to see his son play baseball. In fact, when we talked he was actually at his son's little league game.

One other thing that John mentioned to me was that he was really touched by all the kind posts over on the Forum. He said that really lifted his spirits and made him feel like people truly cared. I want to thank each and every one of the loyal Crappers who posted kind messages, and urge you to head over there and give John a shout if you haven't done so already. He could really use the encouragement as he goes through his chemo and radiation treatments. You can hit the forum by clicking here.

I was going to post several of the old Quake items this week, but I decided against it. I was afraid it would sound like a memorial, and trust me, that is the LAST thing that I forsee happening. I believe in John, and know he will fight this every step of the way.

As loyal Crapper Chris MacIntosh wrote me, "He'll squash this cancer like a pair of pantyhose filled with hamburger."

Take care, John - we're all behind you!

Credit WC.com

All the best John :xyx