At what moment did you become a fan of Wrestling?

Andrew

I've been watching Wrestling for over ten years now and I've always known the moment that got me hooked as a fan. That moment for me was Survivor Series 1993 in the main event it was the Foreign Fanatics verus The All Americans. The exact moment was when Yokozuna hit The Undertaker with the Bonzai Drop and then Undertaker sat up to the horror of Yokozuna, they then ended up getting counted out of the match.

It was from that moment on I became a Wrestling fan and a huge Undertaker mark and have been ever since.

So what was the moment you became a fan?

I can't remember the exact moment I became a fan but it was sometime in 1991.

I became hooked at the Survivor Series of that year, the show was great from start to finish with HBK's teased heel turn, Flairs first big ppv appearance and when The Undertaker dropped Hogan for the title I was just like "wow that was awesome!", i've not looked back since and even though it took seven years for me to see my first live event (Capital Carnage '98) i've made up for lost time and can't wait for the 28th!

I can't remember the exact moment I thought "you know what? I like wrestling!".

I remember I had an interest in it without really knowing what it was about. I had heard of Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior and Macho Man, but not a lot else. My friend had a WWF video which had some old matches on it (in 1988 or earlier) and I remember just being fascinated by what I saw.

I asked around my friends and it seemed like each person had a WWF video somewhere. I watched WM1, WM3, WM4 (with two cassette tapes) and WM6 in quick succession.

I videoed WM7, with Hulk, Sgt Slaughter, Macho Man, Savage and a great LOD sqaush match, and watched it over and over. Then they had Summerslam at Wembley. Then next year they had Sid Justice in the UK and he swore on live TV at the ref (and it wasn't meant to be heard).

Hogan made a name for himself in the movies, and then in 1991 we got cable. I got to watch WWF Superstars every week at 8pm with my mum. They just had jobber after jobber after jobber and Hulk never wrestled.

I then lost some interest in WWE, much the same time as when Raw was introduced, I think it was because we didn't have Sky Sports and all the good matches were being pushed on Raw: Superstars became a highlight show.

I can't even remember how I came to learn all the wrestlers names and moves etc, they all of a sudden just appeared to be everywhere.

I always made sure I caught the PPV's when they were on. I think I got back into it properly when The Nation of Domination, Smoking Gunns were popular and HBK ditched Sensational Sherri and sang his own theme song. I remember watching THE HBK/Bret double-cross and losing interest again.

I drifted in and out of the Attitude Era but became a proper fan again during the WCW/ECW Invasion.

Cheers!

Cheers!

I was but a meer child when i got hooked 1995 I think it was called "Mind Games" back in the good ol dayz the main event Mankind Vs HBK for the WWF Championship. It was an awsome match that ended in no contest due to The Undertaker interfering from a coffin outside the ring that paul Bearer (then mankinds manager) wheeled down. Afterwards more wrestlers came down including Vader it got me hooked like nothing before.

One night when I was much younger than I am now, I was watching Cartoon network on a friday night and it went onto TNT and I ended up watching the whole wcw nitro show. Shortly after my mum bought my brother "WWF Over the Edge 98" and I saw that WWF was different in its style. Kept watching WCW for about another year before relising Sky Sports showed Raw is War (before hand I had just about rented out all the wwf ppv's my local video library had). Around late 99 was when I couldn't stop watching wrestling, but thinking about it now it was quite cool back then in my school to watch wrestling..........even all the girls did?!lol

It was in the summer of 2000. Everyone at school talked of wrestling and I was one of the few not to watch it. So I found out the times and watched Raw. I didn't like it much until HHH and Stephanie continued their McMahon/Helmsley era which was fantastic! After than, wrestling did go downhill but I still tune in every show.

First got into it as a kid back in the day of Ultimate Warrior and Undertaker bursting out of coffins etc. But then i lost touch and "grew up" as some may say. Then my mate was watching raw and i did too. Then i did the next show and still wasn't really into it. I kind of thought the mankind angle with HHH late 1999 early 2000 was good. But it was one moment that truly got me hooked. Mankind transforming into Cactus Jack in the whole "mankind ain't tough enough to face you at the royal rumble but i know a man who is.....and his name is Cactus Jack" promo. Legendary. Went out and got hold of loads of cactus tapes and it grew from there. So thanks Mick!

I've been a fan as long as I can remember. I have my first memory of wrestling right around my birthday which is in March. I'd say I've been a fan for over 20 years. I started watching as a real young kid and have been watching ever since :)

when I was a lazy student, I would often catch WWE onthe telly of a saturday or sunday morning, and it would tide me through my hangovers spent lying on the telly feeling like death. I moved out of that house and away from sky tv, and lost contact with it, but the real turning point and reintroduction of it into my life was when I moved in with my fella in the summer of 2001. it's all his fault.

I will always remember when I got into wrestling. My dad brought home a copy of summerslam, at that point I had never watched any wrestling at all. The match that got me on the edge of my seat, and secured me as a fan was the jailhouse match between Bossman and the mountie. WOW!!!! Thankyou big bossman.

I did however stop watching wrestling for a while, and it was while I was around at mates house that I again caught a glimpse of a very diff looking WWF, a WWF with an attitude. (the attitude era.) I saw this bald headed guy walking around kicking ass and taking names!!!! and he was getting cheered!!!! I remember both times.

i remeber i was lookin to see if there was any football on sky and i saw stone cold beatin up undertaker then it finished and i was like wow that looked kool, it then said dont for get to tune in to "summerslam 1998 where we will see the undertaker vs Stone cold steve austin for the wwf tital" So i watched it and was hooked.

I'm from way back in the ooooooooooooooooold days, before cable was even heard of. Where I lived in rural SW Virginia we got Mid-Atlantic wrestling three different times on Saturday. Each was a one-hour show. Bob Caudle and David Crockett were the main announcers. I think the year was 1972. Roddy Piper had yet to make the scene. Johnny Weaver was in his stint as the first drunk-on-air wrestler/color man.

One morning while flipping through the 4 channels we had access to I came across a strange sight. Three men stood in front of a cadillac. One wore an ulgy plaid suit and the other two wore black breifs. They were both pretty beefy guys.

Guy #1 was whining about losing a battle royal and along with it the fine looking cadillac off to the side. He ranted and raved, working himself into a real fit. Then he took an umbrella and broke the windshield out of the car. Well Guy #2,who had won the car, was livid and chased him down at which time he began delivering a ferocious beating to Guy #1.

I kept thinking to myself, "These two are nuts!". I was 5 years old and I was hooked.

When i saw Mysterio on Smackdown somewhere in the second half of 2002 at a mates house.

It was just so cool, i started watching it more & more, getting the games, DVDs, seeing PPV, seeing old PPVs, i think about wrestling all the time and i haven't even been watching it fro 2 years yet.