Paltrow gives birth to Apple

Kam

From the BBC news website:

Paltrow gives birth to baby Apple

US actress Gwyneth Paltrow, 31, has given birth to her first child, a girl called Apple.

The Hollywood star underwent a long labour before delivering her first born at a London hospital on Friday.

Gwyneth and her husband Chris Martin, front man in the band Coldplay, have named their daughter Apple Blythe Alison Martin.

The baby weighed 9 pounds 11 ounces and both mother and baby were said to be doing well.

Chris Martin said: "We are 900 miles over the moon, and we'd like to thank everyone at the hospital who have looked after us amazingly."

A spokesman for the couple confirmed everything had gone to plan.

"Apple Blythe Alison Martin was born in London after a long labour, on 14 May, and weighed 9lb 11oz," she said.

"Both mother and baby are very well."

They called her Apple :eek

With the weight of the baby at the time of birth, you'd have thought they'd have called her Watermelon.

Great for them that it went fine, but that name really won't do the poor girl any favours. At least they gave her a middle name though, so that when she gets to school she can insist that people call her Blythe. :)

You know one day when I have kids I am going bless them with a nice simple name, I think if I called my child Apple then my family would take the mick so bad I'd have to leave the planet.

And its alright the next beckham is being called Windows XP Beckham...