2010 World Cup

BRM

The host nation for the 2010 World Cup will be South Africa, the annoncement was made moments ago after along speech by fifa president sepp blatter.

The annoncement means that south african offcials now have 6 years of hard work ahead of them, to prepare for the worlds biggest football competion lets hope they can put on a show like Japan and South Korea.

Aside from politics, I think it's great that Africa has finally been awarded a World Cup. They did a great job for the Rugby World Cup a few years ago (1995?) and similarly to Japan/S Korea, will no doubts do a splendid job as hosts.

Here's to Brazil winning it.

Cheers!

Aside from politics, I think it's great that Africa has finally been awarded a World Cup. They did a great job for the Rugby World Cup a few years ago (1995?) and similarly to Japan/S Korea, will no doubts do a splendid job as hosts.

Here's to Brazil winning it.

Cheers!

Or perhaps you could cheer on your home nation instead instead.

I don't mind an African nation getting it, they seem to manage well enough with the Cup of Nations every 4 years. As long as they don't completely balls it up like Greece with the Olympics.

KJ - my "here's to Brazil winning it" comment was not in any way in support of Brazil but an underhand snipe at the fact that if a World Cup is played in a hot country (ie: not Europe) then it's usually Brazil or Argentina who win it.

I could have made it clearer.

I'm a proud Wales supporter and am very optomistic about our chances of qualifying for 2006. England aside, we have an easy group (where-as England are saying "we have an easy group"). If we can upset England in Cardiff and defend for our lives away from home, you never know..?

Cheers!

Apologies for the misunderstanding, I actually agree with you that holding the World Cup in hot countrys gives teams like Brazil an advantage. Perhaps they need to hold it in New Zealand, it would be winter, rainy, boggy pitches, right up our alley!

Perhaps Wales should make a bid along with Scotland and Ireland?

We have by FAR the best stadium in the British Isles and yes, we would automatically qualify as hosts. Imagine that: Scotland, Ireland and Wales, all in the 2010 World Cup...

Here's to the crappiest World Cup EVER!

Cheers!

Boyo how many places do you come from? First you're born in the States' date=' then you're in London, then Wales? Me = Confuddled.[/quote']

I had this problem when the French turned on me and drove me into Aachen, Germany. I had made a home for myself in Cannes and bought a second home in Paris, in the 9th Arrondissiment.

Little would I know my pro-southern France comments would make the Parisians turn on me in such a short time. This was AFTER I had sat up a business in Gibraltar, btw...

When I was in Aachen I was called by the Prime Minister of Greece to sort out some flaky land settlement dispute with the Turkish. So not only did I move to Greece, from Aachen (where I sold my flat real quickly), I was also given a complimentary holiday home in Greek Cyprus.

Then the Americans called me, stating I wasn't keeping as low a profile as they wanted so I had to return to America, via Norway, where the plane broke down, and we all had to be shuttled off to Denmark to catch the connecting flight which left Minsk in 4 hours time (blimey!)...

I can go on like this...

Cheers!