The Blood Of Heroes!

Maxximus

Has anyone seen the movie "The Blood Of Heroes"?

It stars Rudger Hauer, Vincent D'nofrio and Joan Chen!

It takes place on a post-appocolyptic earth ruled by a vicious sport where there are two teams of five members apiece: A goallie type who flails about a great chain, three guys in shoddy mismached pads, armed with bludgeons of one sort or another who act as blockers and enforcers, and the "Quick",the smallest and fastest member of the team.

It's the Quicks job to carry a dog skull (Oh come on, it's the appocolyps! Where are you gonna get a football, the corner bodegas!) across the field, avoiding the opposition (their life depends on it!) and place the dog skull on a poll guarded by the chain wielding goallie. Not as easy as it sounds!

The story revolves around a group of players traveling from town to town trying to make a life for themselves, and to keep their lives, as they are anyway.

It's been years sense i've seen this movie. but I highly recomend it. It's a keeper if you like blood and guts post-appocolyptic action/sport movies!

If anyone else has seen this movie give a hollar and let me know what you think about it.

"KEEP IT TWISTED!"

-The Maxx!

In the UK this film is called something like 'Salute of the Jugger' and its absolutely brilliant. But Rutger Hauer is my favorite actor of all time, so I'm biased.

If you like Rutger Hauer then I'd recomend Blade Runner (obviously), Ladyhawke, The Hitcher and Split Second.

Edited by Paul