Legend Killer Legendary Title Reign

gkdanko

It would not amaze me at all if Randy Orton would make it 15 months as InterContinental Champion. One has to think that the WWE did away with the title because of lack of polished skills among viable contenders to the title. Then all of a sudden Randy Orton got a HUGE push and is being backed by Flair and Helmsley (two of the greatest champs) as another great IC Champ.

Could this young lad have what it truly takes to beat Honky Tonk Man's title reign of 15 months? I believe that Orton can and will do it.

Then take a look at other IC Champs that made it big as the WWE Champ. Orton could be the next big thing within 2 more years. Orton is an awesome IC Champ and could be one heck of a heel World Champ also.

i hope that orton will make the title so prestigous that it will actaully matter agin so we can go back to the days where the second best around was intercontinental champion and he challenged the world champion (hulk hogan vs ultimate, title vs title)

Yeah he Could, but i Doubt he will.

I Dont Think That the WWE Will have Orton hold the Title for that Long Because If he Does Have it For that long it will lose its Credibility Again.

IMO You Need Challengers Comin For the Title, Left, Right and Centre for it to Become Credible Again, People Like Edge, Christian, Jericho and Even Shelton Benjamin have to Be Gunning For Orton and His Title.

Final Thought: If Orton Had Fueds With People Who were after his Intercontinental Title then it Would give the Title Credibility Again, and Also Justify him Having the Intercontinental for 15 months, Cause Right now its Just Holding Up his Pants.

Growing up, I was always more interested in what went on with the IC belt!

Thats were all the action was. Better storylines, real wrestlers, who really gave a crap what mark went JOB to Hogans stinky leg this week! WEAK!

I would love to see the IC belt returned To Its glory days and have the credibility it deserves. Insted of just being a stepping stone to the World Belt!

Orton truely has every thing it takes to be a great long time IC champ. A heal of his status could go a long way.

-The Maxx!

I dont think the WWE wuld leave Orton with the title for that long, mainly because i expect him to be in a feud with HHH very soon. HHH's face turn will probably occur in a month or so and will set up a rivalry between the two. It wouldnt surprise me if Orton lost the strap shortly before or after the turn and it occur due to HHH's interference. Also i would think that Orton will be gunning for the world title soon.

Used to love the IC title before they started putting it on losers like Godfather, Chyna, Billy Gunn and Albert (to just name four). At least now its around the waist of a really good performer and as long as he's given proper feuds, he will continue to restore a sense of prestige that it hasn't had since Benoit/Jericho in 2000.

By the way, HHH as a babyface? How can he ever be good when I hate him even MORE when he's not heel?

Legend vs Legend Killer

I believe that we will eventually see Evolution split up and see Orton vs Helmsley. I don't think McMahon will put Title vs Title on the contract this time. And since we're on the subject, Orton killing another legend Ric Flair would be a great match also. It is bound to happen.

ORton shows the fans that he takes the IC Title seriously when he wears it around his waist. Other's have draped it over their shoulder. Not the best way to show your allegience of fans that "you are their champ".

I've been a follower of WWWF/WWF/WWE, AWA, NWA, WWC, WCW and ECW for years. Approximately 44 years now. I've seen some great matches, feuds and champs. Orton will fit the mold as one of the best IC Champs we will see in this generation of fans. This generation needs a IC Champ that they can remember.

Then the ultimate match will happen: 3rd generation vs 3rd generation wrestlers: Randy Orton vs Rocky Maivia (with father's in their corners). I'm not trying to toot my horn , but please listen to me rationally, 44 years of exposure for me has proven to make some great predictions. Orton is your next superstar, as long as he doesn't get injured.

Larry Zybysko was the original legend killer. He only defeted Bruno Sammartino to deem himself the title. Randy Orton has defeated many more to be called the true "Legend Killer".

Let's get back to the 3rd generation wrestler topic. I understand that Greg Valentine's boy is ready to make his debut on the independent circuit. He resembles Greg and John impecably so. If he too stays healthy, he should turn out to be great also. Then I would love to see Orton and Valentine have a wrestling relationship and be a dominant tag team.

The main thing I love about Orton as IC champ is that he gives the belt a certain prestige. Its probably been said before, but a championship can't make a bad wrestler great, but a great wrestler can make a championship great. Thats what Orton is doing.

The last one anywhere near this length was the Rock's. He was awarded the title by Austin on Dec 8th 1997 and held it till August 30th 1998 when HHH beat him in a ladder match. Thats nearly nine months and then after that he went on about what, two months later to being the world champ.

The last one anywhere near this length was the Rock's. He was awarded the title by Austin on Dec 8th 1997 and held it till August 30th 1998 when HHH beat him in a ladder match. Thats nearly nine months and then after that he went on about what' date=' two months later to being the world champ.[/quote']

*Shirley Bassey - History Repeating Runs Through His Head*

Edge is good, but I would love to see Randy Orton keep the title for 15 months. But think, he still needs until WrestleMania XXI to keep a hold of the title. Otherwise, he won't meet the target. However, in this modern day and age of wrestling is it realistic of Randy Orton to do such a thing?

• 2 weeks later...

Orton seems to be on a rocket ride to future World Title glory but who is surprised? He is in with, and being groomed by, two of the most influential and experienced men in WWE, Slick Ric and Hx3.

I would like to see him break away from Evolution and win the title on his own so as to not tarnish his win and reign with assistance from Evo. As stated earlier on this thread he could bring respectability and prestige back to the belt. He could use it as bait as he fishes for more legends to kill.

I would love to see him turn face to win the belt. I have always thought there would be something interesting in a Randy Orton/Maven stable or tag team. I think they have the same feel about them. But I doubt that they can become a tag team. But Orton is certainly going to win the World Title at some stage of his career.

But one would have to think that he will break away from Evolution before he wins the title, seeing as HHH is the centerpiece of Evolution.

I Dont Think That the WWE Will have Orton hold the Title for that Long Because If he Does Have it For that long it will lose its Credibility Again.

I totally agree with that. I mean, look how long Triple H held the World Heaveyweight Championship for. When you look back on it, it wasn't really that long. But people were and still do complain about it, and say that that particular title run lost it it's credibility...

Is Randy Orton going to beat Honky Tonk Man's record

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Honky Tonk Man is the longest reigning Intercontinental Champion in WWF/E history as you know. He won the title in June of 1987 and lost it to the Ultimate Maniac in August of 1988. (14 months).

I think Randy Orton can beat Hoonky Tonk's record. Randy is on a roll right now and the WWE is pushing him big time. He's a member of the biggest and best stable since the Four Hoursemen, he young an very talented and he's been the best Intercontinental Champion we've had in the last 7 years. This guy will be in the business for along time and is the best Orton family member that has ever stepped foot into the squared circle. He is also, I predict, within the next 5 years, going to be a World Champion on either RAW or SmackDown. Mark my words.

But before he does that, he's going to break Honky Tonk Man's record of longest reigning Intercontinental Champion in history.

That is all,

SF

If the way storyline rumours are pointing turn out to be true then I will place a bit of money on Shelton beating Orton at Bad Blood... then Orton will take on Benoit at Vengence... The title situation will then take on a Benoit/HHH/Orton theme with the mentor taking on and turning his progedy...