Favourite Accent?

Goldy

The brummie accent is sexy :D Nothing better than going to the match, and being surrounded by it. Worst is the Liverpool accent, or maybe the Dudley accent cos it's so broad, like the accent they have in west brom though, not as prominent as Dudley, got a nice twang to it. Oh and Droitwich has a horrible accent, it's a mash of Birmingham and farmer. Not nice.

Well i hate the scouse accent with a passion, no offense to scousers, they are generally nice thieves, sorry i mean people :D But the best accent around is cockney, mainly cos that is what people say i have!

I don't mind scouse accents, although I hear the only proper english they hear as youths are "You have the right to remain silent". The rest is a bit of a muddle. Ditto for geordies, although they seem not to take notice of their "right" and carry on talking anyway.

Doodlay people and brummies sound funny, but can be annoying at times too, whether I'm one or not being irrelevent at this point in time.

I like the irish accent.. i hate the scouse.. i like italian, and when i went florida they spoke pretty coolio to. I live in lancs, well right near yorkshire and apparantly some people say i have a farmer accent. so thats not good.

Whats all this against scouse accents, sure I know Liverpool fans our a bunch of whinging morons but its no need to take it out on the rest of merseyside! :D

anyway, I love a south coast accent, hate a scottish accent (you just don't know what the fect their saying!).

I dont like any of the english accents... like brummy, manchester liverpool.. they're all so annoying. I just have a normal British accent, maybe with a hint of Cornish.

I like Irish & Kiwi Accents.

Everyone agree Welsh is THE worst?

I love the cockney accent on guys! Not on girls though as it makes them sound common, but on guys it rules!! :D I was on the tube a few weeks back and some real cockneys were chatting about going down the Spurs match, I waas in heaven sitting there listening to them chat, it's just great! :D

I dislike the Welsh accent, don't mind scousers although some of the girls do tend to shreak at times lol, the rest are ok with me so longs I can understand them! The Irish accent took me a bit of getting used to, but it's no problem now thankfully ;)

I always find the Welsh accent to sound like someone who's probably quite hard being really friendly! I think it sounds good on guys, but on the ladies it's not as appealing. When a lovely lady comes up to you and then speaks with a really broad accent from the valleys I think 'No! I wanted to have my way with you before, now you're making me just want to drink bitter with you and talk about darts'!

An Irish accent, from the north or the south, has two different types with girls. Often it sounds really nice when it's faint and there's a genuine femininity to the voice. Unfortunately, there seem to be more women from those parts in my limited experience who have really deep, manly voices, which actually shock you enough that you have to try consciously not to pull a taken aback facial expression when they first talk to you! I'd never disregard or judge anyone purely because of how they sounded, you get used to it anyway, but that does throw me when I first meet people like that.

I have general preferences but no fixed mindset about accents. Generally I prefer Edinburgh accents over Glasgow, Geordie over Scouse or Mancunian, RP over Cockney, that sort of thing. It depends on the person's tone, which is why gender plays quite a part in what accents work and what ones don't appeal as much.

Generally a hint of an accent is nice and gives someone identity, but I've never been too keen on really thick, broad acents which can often simply have the effect of making people sound poorly educated, although of course you have to look past that when you meet someone as really these things aren't very important.

For foreign accents the same thing that I said about Irish women applies to Portuguese women, except that instead of sounding masculine their voices can just sound really harsh and stunted, if you see what I mean. The more delicate Portuguese accent on women though is very attractive. It could be a regional thing, as Lisbon accents tend to appeal to me while the northern accent tends to be the harsher one. French women usually sound great as well, but with Spanish women, although sometimes they can sound very alluring, their accents just don't have the same appeal really. The Madrid accent is cool but most people from the Andalucía region, whether male or female, tend to sound more like the Tazmanian devil than sophisticated types. German accent sound cool on blokes but not on women, for the most part, and Italian sounds quite nice. I'm not keen on Finnish accents as they sound kind of dull, very much like Catalan about which I would also say the same thing. Brazilian accents are cool in their own language but don't come across that well when a Brazilian is speaking English, while I think Argentinian and Uruguayan accents on women are cool. As for various American accents and what applies to whom, I wouldn't really know about that. Swedish people sound cool regardless of gender, plus they talk English really fast in most cases I've heard, so it make them sound sort of 'matter of fact' and intelligent. Dutch accents have kind of a frivolous quality to them, they don't sound very serious about anything with that sort of accent, which I like.

My favourites, generally speaking, would be from:

Blokes: Edinburgh, Wales, Germany, Madrid, Buenos Aires, São Paulo, Lisbon.

Ladies: France, São Paulo/Rio de Janeiro, Uruguay, Edinburgh, RP English, Argentina, Lisbon.

As I said though, these things aren't really that important as long as you can connect with people in some way.

i agree with you MLM - the welsh accent on men is lovely - but not north wales or the valleys - my fave is where my families from in Pontypool. its really soft and welcoming.

its nice when women have it cos its not too strong - my mums got a really nice accent.

dislike the geordie, scouse, brummy, manchester - harsh accents really to me

i think one of my absolute faves has to be the southern accent in the US. not texas or florida but places like mississippi, tenessee or north carolina -incredibly sexy on a man!

i think one of my absolute faves has to be the southern accent in the US. not texas or florida but places like mississippi' date=' tenessee or north carolina -incredibly sexy on a man![/quote']

I forgot about that Popsi - that accent really suits men. I could listen to Elvis or Charlie Hodge (his mate/bit-part guitar player) talk all day with that accent.

Am I the only one who likes the welsh accent? I think it rocks' date=' so different and stuff. Wish I was welsh just to have the wicked accent.[/quote']

No i ruddy hate the welsh accent, nothing against welsh people, but i have to deal with welsh people at work and i have them on the phone everyday moaning about this that and the other.

I do however like the scottish accent on females.

I quite like the welsh accent if it's not too strong, but if it's straight out of the valleys then they just sound like 100% thickos, whether they are or not! Trust me, I used to date a valleys boy. Could never understand what his parents were saying.

I love the yorkshire accent, it's great.

Not a fan of the geordie, scouse or manc accents, I think it's because they are a bit harsh, and I always find myself imitating them slightly. I'm sorry, I'm a bad girl, but I can't help myself sometimes. the essex accent is annoying too, which is a bad thing because my fella has a bit of an essex twinge at times.