it's almost festival time!!

charlie

I can barely contain my excitement, so bear with me about this. I'm going to Germany next week for the F~ck the Commerce festival. All I need to sort out is my euros, and i think I'll do that over the weekend, and everything will be super.

Had a scarey moment yesterday when I logged onto the website and saw that they had to move the site of the festival due to legal problems. Thankfully the new festival site is about 50 miles closer to the airport than the old one was, and less time in the hire car driving on the wrong side of the road is good with me.

this probably doesn't mean a hell of a lot to you guys, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Obituary. It's their first European show in 7 years. they were one of the first really heavy bands I ever got in to, and they were on my "bands to see" list for years, even after they dissappeared from the public eye. Now I can finally get to see them. It may possibly rank as one of the happiest days of my life, but I'll let you know when I return.

Jack, no disrespect to you, but I think I can safely say that you wouldn't like it. :music I can't think of two forms of music that are more distant in style than rap and death metal. The festival is being headlined by Obituary, who are probably the biggest name on there. I've copied this straight off the website, however I imagine you won't have heard of any of them. hell, I've not even heard of most of them :music1:

19.05.2oo4 (WarmUp Show)

DESTRUCTION (Ger)

MY DARKEST HATE (Ger)

CORVIN (Ger)

20.05.2oo4

ABSCESS (US)

BRODEQUIN (US)

GORATORY (US)

SKITSYSTEM (S)

WORMED (Sp)

HOMO IRATUS (GRE)

JACK SLATER (Ger)

ALTAR (NL)

DEFLORACE (CR)

DEATH REALITY (Ger)

21.05.2oo4

DIVINE EMPIRE (US)

INCANTATION (US)

-[Das 9. Weltwunder]-

DISGORGE (Mex)

GENERAL SURGERY (S)

HOLOCAUSTO CANIBAL (POR)

ACCION MUTANTE

VISCERAL BLEEDING (S)

NEGLIGENT COLLATERAL

PLEURISY (NL)

IODINE (DK)

22.05.2oo4

OBITUARY (US)

NASUM (S)

PROPHECY (US)

HOLOCAUSTO CANIBAL (Por)

LITURGY (US)

BIRDFLESH (S)

SPAWN OF POSSESSION (S)

CLITEATER (NL)

REQUIEM (CH)

MEATKNIFE (Ger)

SEEDS OF SORROW (A)

As far as I know it's not being televised, at least, not in this country. :)

Oooh, damn I'm missing Visceral Bleeding live...(sulk). :lol

Only kidding Charlie, hope you have a great time.

I'm (hopefully) going to the Roskilde Festival, just outside Copenhagen in the second week of July. I have no idea who's playing, I heard Rammstein were playing and they sound loud and angry and German...not that I mind.

Cheers!