Its Official! NWA TNA Impact

TNARICK

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling & Fox Sports Net Announce National Weekly Television Program

Program to be filmed in Universal Studios @ Universal Orlando Resort

May 13, 2004 (Nashville, TN) - Total Nonstop Action Wrestling announced Wednesday night on its weekly Pay-Per-View that Fox Sports Net will begin televising Total Nonstop Action Wrestling "Impact!" on Fridays at 3:00 PM local.

"Impact!" will debut on June 4th and will be filmed at Universal Studios @ Universal Orlando Resort. Two-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett will appear on Fox Sports Net's "Best Damn Sports Show Period" tonight (Thursday) to talk about this ground breaking television deal.

"The national telecast of "Impact!" on Fox Sports Net marks a milestone for TNA Entertainment and the wrestling industry," Dixie Carter, President of TNA Entertainment, LLC said. "Total Nonstop Action Wrestling has continued to grow and exceed expectations over our history. As we celebrate our 2nd anniversary in June, we are excited this opportunity with Fox Sports Net and Universal Studios Orlando will expose a wider range of viewers to our distinctive brand of professional wrestling."

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling is "The New Wrestling Alternative" and features some of the most well-known names in wrestling today like Jeff Jarrett, Raven, D'Lo Brown, Sting and Konnan along with the industry's hottest new stars such as AJ Styles, Abyss, Chris Harris, James Storm and CBS' Survivor Pearl Islands star Jonny Fairplay. TNA Wrestling separates itself from the competitors by delivering quality family programming that focuses on the athletic in-ring action instead of over the top, shocking antics that have become all too common in the mainstream.

"I am pleased about the entertainment value wrestling can bring to FSN," said George Greenberg, Executive Vice President of Programming and Production, FSN. "I believe 'Impact!' will bolster our Friday afternoon schedule and provide another FSN destination for young viewers."

The debut of "Impact!" marks the first time since March of 2001, when World CHampionship Wrestling's Monday Night Nitro went off the air, that a national television audience will have an option of wrestling programming.

"We are thrilled to have Total Nonstop Action Wrestling's 'Impact!' here at Universal," stated Paul Meena, Vice President and General Manager of the Universal Studios Florida Production Group. "Our 22,000 square foot Sound Stage 21 is the ideal venue for the weekly show as it allows the freedom to create the spectacular set they envision. It also affords our theme park guests the opportunity to be part of the production audience and cheer for their favorite wrestling icons from a 'front row seat'".

The alternative for the true wrestling fan, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling prides itself on delivering quality, family programming that is clean, innovative, cutting edge and with the high-risk, high-flying athleticism that TNA Wrestling is known for.

Fox Sports Net reaches more than 80 million homes through its 20 regional sports channels, and serves as the only supplier of national regional and local sports programming. For the latest up-to-the-minute sports news and opinions, visit http://www.FoxSports.com.

The Universal Orlando resort destination (http://www.universalorlando.com) includes two dramatically distinct and adjacent theme parks, the Universal Studios motion picture and television theme park and Island of Adventure, Orlando's next generation theme park.

Universal Orlando also includes CityWalk, a 3-acre dining, shopping, club and live-entertainment venue as well as premier on-site Loews Hotels and world-class film and television production facilities.

To learn more about TNA Wrestling and get all the latest news, join the TNA Email Newsletter by CLICKING HERE.

I really do hope for them, but FSN isn't recieved by all cable companies here in the US, and a 3pm time slot is the worst, when your target population is usually coming home from class, or working at around that time. They're gonna have to book people that fans would want to see... too bad Jarrett thinks that's him.

I agree that 3 pm is a little early' date=' but hey, I can watch wrestling at 9 am if that is the only option. And besides, half of the current WWE roster isn't half as good as the best in TNA.[/quote']

Someone knows something... NWA-TNA is the best thing around.

"half of the current WWE roster isn't half as good as the best in TNA"

True. However, the very best in TNA can't match the very best of the WWE (ok, so Raven rules, but comparing Jeff Jarrett, Chris Harris, Abyss and AJ Styles to The Rock, Eddie Guerrero, Triple H, Mick Foley and Chris Jericho is absurd, and may be TNA's ultimate downfall unless the big guns can be pulled in somehow.

No you saying that is pretty embarassing.

When viewied by the casual fans (who ones who will make or break TNAs success) the WWE guys Draven said are stars, the TNA guys are not.

In terms of talent, AJ and Raven would be up there with the top WWE guys, but their is now way any sane person could ever compare a Abyss or Chris Harris to a Kurt Angle, Rock, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero or even a HHH.

Ok, several TNA guys can say they've had parts in movies, but how many can say they've presented Saturday Night Live (one of America's biggest prime time shows), been the leading star in THREE huge-budget movies and is now internationally known by everyone on the face of the planet? None. Rocky can though. He may not be as "talented" a worker than a guy like Jarrett (though thats debatable), but Rocky is a HUGE mainstream name. No one in the world bar Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan could match that mainstream name of Rocky.

The others are also more talented than the TNA guys, unfortunately for TNA. I like Chris Harris a hell of a lot, but comparing him to Eddie Guerrero makes me laugh my head off, because it can't be done. Comparing Ron Killings to Shawn Michaels is a joke because not only is Michaels a legend, he puts on the damndest performance every time in steps in the ring and steals the show. Ok, Abyss is a hell of a worker with a hell of a look, but it's up to TNA to capitalise on that, and make his name mean more than Kane (which it doesn't - and thats what it's about - not just talent, but making yourself a name).

The only thing I know about Chris Harris is that his name is a lot like what mine used to be, and he shares a name with a New Zealand left-handed batsman/right arm medium bowler.

He may have been in some team called AMW or something.

Anyway, TNA's main star is a WWE Intercontinental Champion, with other stars who have been WWE jobbers and WWE Hardcore champions. Hardly a casual fan dream is it?