So far..

Vampiro

Nearly half way through the year.. what have been in your opinion the favourite albums you have heard, or bought this year. That have been released this year obviously. Lets limit it to the best 5. Mine are..in no order

1. Although its not out till the end of may.. Ash - Meltdown

2. Incubus - A Crow Left Of The Murder

3. Keane - Hopes and Fears

4. Lost Prophets - Start Something

5. Seen as the UK release was this year.. The Rasmus - Dead Letters

Royce da 5'9 - Death is Certain

Kanye West - College Dropout

the only two I can think of that I know are from this year(Add Chingys too, although I cant remember if it was late last year or early this year it was out). Not really listened to many albums this year so far, and what I have I havent been that impressed with most the time.

*Edit* Seen Fly or Die by NERD mentioned and it reminded me of it. Another album Ive liked from this year :thumbsup

Edited by Andy

Kanye West - The College Dropout

N. E. R. D. - Fly Or Die

Blindside - About a Burning Fire

Lost Prophets - Start Something

Guns N Roses - Greatest Hits

I know the GNR album is full of old tracks, but the album was released this year!

The only album I've bought from this year so far has been the new Joe Satriani one, Is There Love In Space?, which was decent enough although not quite up there with some of his previous albums.

Apart from that, absolutely nothing has really caught my ear and made me feel compelled to buy it. The new Fear Factory and Soulfly stuff has interested me, but not so much that I've felt like I really had to go out and get it. I'll probably get the new Slipknot album, as I really like Duality at the moment and will check out what else is on it, but apart from that there's not been anything that has appealed to me this year. I wasn't really expecting great new music this year, plus I'm quite happy listening to older stuff and buying whatever else I want that's older, so it's not really a big deal.

EDIT: I forgot that Motörhead have a new album, Inferno, coming out quite soon. I haven't heard anything from it yet, but since it's Motörhead and since the song 'Terminal Show' on the upcoming album also features Steve Vai, I would expect it to suit my tastes without having to check it out beforehand anyway, so probably I'll get that.

Edited by MillionLiraMan

Yeah but I bought them THIS YEAR.

Haven't really been too wooed by albums this year. I bought the Duran Duran Greatest Album, this year, too. And Dizzee Rascal. And Nextmen, Sublime, Keith Murray and Jaques Lu Cont.

I just can't hang with all these dope, fresh kids anymore. They buy albums straight away and Boyo is left behind.

Cheers!

I don't tend to buy a lot of cds, the boyfriend does that, but most of the cds he's bought this year haven't been new releases.

Saying that, we do have the new Fear Factory cd - it's alright, I'm listening to it and I'm expecting it to grow on me. Don't expect CyberWaste to be especially representative of the entire album though.

No' date=' i said albums that have been released this year Pete. Your correct on that one.[/quote']

"Nearly half way through the year.. what have been in your opinion the favourite albums you have heard, or bought this year. That have been released this year obviously. Lets limit it to the best 5. Mine are..in no order"

:xyx

Mine was probaly Hoonastank - The Reason

"Nearly half way through the year.. what have been in your opinion the favourite albums you have heard, or bought this year. That have been released this year obviously. Lets limit it to the best 5. Mine are..in no order"

It wasn't that clear I don't think, but he did say released this year as well :? To be honest, I don't think there's been much good stuff this year so far.

"Nearly half way through the year.. what have been in your opinion the favourite albums you have heard' date=' [b']or bought this year[/b]. That have been released this year obviously. Lets limit it to the best 5. Mine are..in no order"

:xyx

Mine was probaly Hoonastank - The Reason

sorry.. i put "That have been released this year obviously"

by heard this year.. i mean what albums have come out this year u have heard. and by bought this year, i mean what albums you have bought that have come out this year. i know it could of meant 2 things, thats why i put that have been released this year.. which u must have just ignored then lol.

i have the hoobastank album to.. very good.

sorry.. i put "That have been released this year obviously"

by heard this year.. i mean what albums have come out this year u have heard. and by bought this year, i mean what albums you have bought that have come out this year. i know it could of meant 2 things, thats why i put that have been released this year.. which u must have just ignored then lol.

i have the hoobastank album to.. very good.

:lol Yup I'm an ignorant fart :P

Sorry about that.

I got The Darkness CD this year as well. It was realsed in the States this year :)