Absolute Favourites

E2K

Pick your favourite five songs. Now, I don't mean the five songs you THINK are the best from a critical point of view, or brilliantly written, or how many people they've inspired, or whatever. I mean the five songs that, when they come on the radio, you turn it up, or when you hear it, it sends a chill up your spine, or it makes you feel like dancing. You can be honest.

Mine are (in no particular order):

Soul To Squeeze - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Live Forever - Oasis

With Or Without You - U2

Fire It Up - Busta Rhymes

Mo' Money, Mo' Problems - Mace & B.I.G. (F*** Puffy)

Nirvana - Where did you sleep last night? Gives me the willys :)

Bush - Machinehead. An awesome powerful song.

Placebo - Teenage Angst. Just great :P

Foo Fighters - Everlong. A beautiful song

Can't think of anything else right now, these are my favorite songs of all time :)

This changes all the time for me and its very hard to limit it to 5 songs. If you were to ask me this question tomorrow I'd probably say another 5 songs. So heres my list at present, although like I say it always changes, in no particular order apart from Fake Plastic Trees which is my absolute favourite:

The Cure - Pictures of You

Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

U2 - With or Without You

The Smiths - I Know Its Over

Im like Cripp, my 5 could and does change all the time. Ill forgot some songs now that i will rate higher than the ones ill put, i know.. but anyway..

oasis - live forever

morning glory

jet - cold hard bitch

incubus - make yourself

just a phase

ive probably only mentioned them incubus songs, because ive had the albums on all week preparin for the gig on friday. so it would be different daily like cripp also said.

1. Sublime - Doin' Time

2. Marilyn Manson - m Obscene

3. Nas - Halftime

4. Prodigy - No Good (Start the Dance)

5. Christina Aguilera - Beautiful

Special menton goes out to that newie by Britney where she drowns herself in the bath. You know, that slowie?

Nice.

Cheers!

Out of like a millio tracks, my current favorites (not my all time favorites) are...

- Outkast: "Ghettomusick"

- OZone: Mi-ia-hi/Dragostea Din Tei

- Jay Z: 99 Problems

- Slipknot: Duality

- Drain STH: Simon Says

And because I really have to...

- Elton John: Circle Of Life

- Annie Lennox: Walking On Broken Glass

- Ferry Corsten: Rock Your Body Rock

- Peter Gabriel: Sledgehammer

- No Doubt: It's My Life

- Phil Collins: Love Don't Come Easy

- Prince: Kiss

- Skid Row: Big Guns

- Korn: Alive

- Orgy: Blue Monday

I'm really digging 99 Problems at the mo too, I was watching the late, late Raw at like 2am in Saturday and I'm flicking through channels while the ads were on and there it was on Kerrang... I was like thats a good f$%*ing track! I don't scout the rap scene as much as rock so I caught this one late but hell its good.

As for Elton John, well Don't Let The Sun Go Down on me is brill, its what I'm playing at my funeral...

Yes it is. I actually don't know much about them except I thought I was downloading a Marilyn Manson version and was fooled. Pretty much Manson-sounding rock from this song alone (must download more for a more accurate evaluation), and not bad at all.

Er. These are always difficult, and probably just random.

Metallica - One

Pantera - Pyscho Holiday

Guns N Roses - It's So Easy

Black Sabbath - Children Of The Grave

Led Zeppelin - Anything off of Led Zeppelin 2 and 4 is ****ing amazing. Constantly good. I don't know many of the song titles cos I've got it on copied tape but I listen to those everynight.

Hmm...

AC/DC - Thunderstruck

David Lee Roth - Hot Dog And A Shake

Joe Satriani - Flying In A Blue Dream

Motörhead - Ace Of Spades

Iron Maiden - The Trooper

Very tough to limit it to five. It can vary for me on any given day, but thinking over the course of the entire time I've been listening to music, those are probably the five songs that have been my favourites, although you can't help feeling there's a lot you have to leave out to get it to five!

Also, for Peter Richards' benefit to scribble on his tapes (just get the CDs!), here are the song titles from Led Zep albums 2 and 4:

II: Whole Lotta Love, What And What Should Never Be, The Lemon Song, Thank You, Heartbreaker, Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman), Ramble On, Moby Dick, Bring It On Home.

Untitled (Four Symbols): Black Dog, Rock And Roll, The Battle Of Evermore, Stairway To Heaven, Misty Mountain Hop, Four Sticks, Going To California, When The Levee Breaks.

Edited by MillionLiraMan

tricky this one,

current:

50cent and Brooklyn (many men remix) by DJ Vlad

What up Gangsta (Biggie) also DJ Vlad

If i Cant (Biggie) DJ Vlad

Pray for better dayz (tupac) DJ Vlad

Baby Dont Cry (tupac) DJ Vlad

All time:

Life Goes On (Tupac)

Hit em up (tupac vs biggie)

Natural Born Killas (Dr Dre and Ice Cube)

Nothin but a 'G' thang (snoop dogg and dr dre)

Who am I (snoop dogg)

it isnt in there but i really like, phil collins 'in the air tonight'

Hmm...

AC/DC - Thunderstruck

David Lee Roth - Hot Dog And A Shake

Joe Satriani - Flying In A Blue Dream

Motörhead - Ace Of Spades

Iron Maiden - The Trooper

Very tough to limit it to five. It can vary for me on any given day, but thinking over the course of the entire time I've been listening to music, those are probably the five songs that have been my favourites, although you can't help feeling there's a lot you have to leave out to get it to five!

Also, for Peter Richards' benefit to scribble on his tapes (just get the CDs!), here are the song titles from Led Zep albums 2 and 4:

II: Whole Lotta Love, What And What Should Never Be, The Lemon Song, Thank You, Heartbreaker, Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman), Ramble On, Moby Dick, Bring It On Home.

Untitled (Four Symbols): Black Dog, Rock And Roll, The Battle Of Evermore, Stairway To Heaven, Misty Mountain Hop, Four Sticks, Going To California, When The Levee Breaks.

:thumbsup