Friends Sucks *Contains final series spoilers*

E2K

Anybody else share my complete and utter apathy about Friends ending? I mean, I used to like it when it first started, but there's only so long you can put up with the neurotic characters, the oh-so-funny, oh-so-sweet relationship crap, and the ever more predictable jokes before you feel like gouging your eyes out so you don't have to see it again. That show ain't comedy, I'm sorry. There's no room, in my opinion, for sentiment in comedy. My favourites, like Fawlty Towers, Father Ted, Bottom and Seinfeld never had any of that emotional, relationship-based crap. They just concentrated on making you laugh. Friends sucks ASS. Long-live Seinfeld.

I'm a huge fan of Friends, ever since I first saw it. It's a shame it's finished, but everyone always knew that the fame the six of them received from the show would take them to bigger things. Hopefully "Joey" will be as good when that starts.

Nope nope nope. Friends was groundbreaking to sitcoms, due to the fact that it wasn't the situations that made the comedy, it was the characters. Look at Seinfeld, for example. It's a hilarious show, but the comedy comes from Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer getting into funny situations.

Let's take Friends, more specifically, The One Where No One Is Ready. It's just 6 people in a flat, and it has most people rolling around with laughter when they see it. That's why Friends is great; you can put the 6 of them anywhere and it'll be funny, because you know what to expect from the characters. 6 normal people sitting in a room talking usually wouldn't be funny. The 6 main characters from Friends talking IS funny.

It can make you laugh (nearly every non-clip show episode has something that will make you chuckle at least once), it can make you sad (Chandler's proposal, Ross and Rachel splitting) and it can have some great acting (Matt LeBlanc is a cracking actor, at comedy or drama, even if his movie CV isn't too impressive). It might be a Romantic Comedy, but it's got it's guy moments too, like the relationship between Joey and Chandler. They're pals, they make jokes, they fight, they date girls, it's just like real friends do.

If we pretend that some stupid stuff like Marcel The Monkey and Ross' Divorces didn't happen, it's the most realistic sitcom on TV. It will be missed by me, but I'm just looking forward to Joey (the show) so much that I don't mind if it ends soon. Joey has carried Friends for the past couple of series, so the prospect of seeing him in a new setting with new sidekicks is an attractive one.

Friends isn't perfect, but I'd rather watch it than 99.9% of stuff that comes out of the UK. Plus, it gave us "How you doin'", which is now recognised worldwide as being a chat up line.

The one where no one is ready is the only one that truly makes me laugh every time I see it. And I was a fan for the first three series. But, like I said, I don't watch a comedy to be sad, I wanna laugh. I don't watch a comedy to be happy for Ross and Rachel for finally getting together, I wanna laugh. For a while, Friends really did make me laugh, and I'd still probably love it . . . if it had ended in 1998. You find it really good, and that's fair enough, but it got old for me a long time ago.

What really inspired this outburst was seeing people in america actually going to cinemas to see the final episode, all the bull on the radio and stuff about it ending. Aniston -> Schwimmer, none of them are worth the kind of attention or money they're getting, and the show just ain't that damn good.

But its just my opinion. I might have known that this would touch a nerve, please don't hate me though!

I for one am glad to see the end of this pile of pish off my screen. I've never had any time for it and never found it in the slightest bit funny. In my opinion the more 'modern' and 'hip' entertainment or comedy becomes the less we laugh. It past its shelf life after a few episodes in my opinion. Sure the show has appeal to many, many people worldwide but you can't help questioning the intellect of those people and feeling sorry for them as they clearly have no idea what entertainment really is.

And that folks is what I believe and to those who disagree....I really don't care what you think, aren't opinions great?