South Park

Russ

Anyone else catch the first episode of the new series last night? I hadn't seen South Park for ages (probably since it first became popular, think around Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls period), but for some reason I was at someone's house last night who had Sky One, and I decided to watch it.

I was pleasantly surprised. The show has always been totally over the top, but that's what makes it funny. I noticed a few things that could only have happened from the show becoming more popular, like a few fancy bits of animation (ie. the fire looked realistic, compared to the old yellow and red squiggles they used to use).

The program isn't high brow, we all know that. But for pure offensive, OTT sillyness, South Park is right up there with Family Guy. I'll be watching next week.

What do you think? Should the show have ended with the film, or are you still a fan? Let's have your thoughts, kids.

South Park lost it for me when it hit its peak popularity wise, but its really picked up over the last few years (Series 3 onwards) with Timmy, Butters, Tweak, Korns Groovy Pirate Ghoust Myster, Sexual Harresment Panda, Kenny's Replacements etc and it being no where near as popular it gives them alot more freedom to do what they want. Looking back the movie comes across as pretty weak compared to the newer series.

Seriously, if you've fallen out of watching South Park pick up copies of Series 3 onwards on DVD.

Edited by Tajiri

last nights episode wasnt the first of season 7 but the 8th,so if u havent caught the earlier episodes u missed a good 1 called "the kripps" in which timmy and jimmy form a gang called the kripps but end up joining the real crips and christopher reeve shows every1 what stem cells has done 4 him.

in every episode since the 1st there has been a message in there but some ppl just cant see it.