The Rock gets Punk'd

Kam

From Wrestling-Online:

> ROCK GETS PUNK'D

- The Rock got Punk'd in an episode on MTV last week which saw The Rock almost starting a fight and having to be restrained by three people. The basic story was that the People's Champ was told he cannot use electricity in his trailer on the set of 'Be Cool' and while some discussions were going on, the producers switched trailers and blew up the fake one, with two members blaming The Rock for the mishap. Staff members of the movie 'Be Cool' - including the director - where on on the joke however Rock got a little too carried away at the end and had to be stopped by three people before he was told it was just a joke for the show Punk'd.

Sounds like Rocky is taking things a little too serious in his old age :lol Well as his movie career is going up in flames, he couldnt beleive his trailer was as well. They tried to Punk Goldberg a while back by running over "his" motorcycle with an 18 wheeler, but the driver missed the bike, the fake pyro went off and it went very wrong. Big bill looked like he enjoyed it though.

Nope, not trying to get flamed at all....

I will be the first to admit that the Rock is another WWE icon, a great wrestler and a fan favorite, but I just did not think that walking into a wrestlemania then walking back out again was particularly fair to the fans or other wrestlers.

When i said "earn your place" I am of strong belief that anyone who appears on Wrestlemania should be working the normal shows as well. I am only commenting with my own opinion of fair play.

Imagine how you would feel as a WWE wrestler, regarding that Wrestlemania is the only show that means something to every wrestler, you think you might get booked after working hard entertaining the fans and the Rock just swans in gets booked and goes again, It would be devastating!

And to some of the fans, it would have given them the false impression that the Rock was returning to the WWE.

That is my opinion and it is just as valid as anyone who thinks because of what the Rock has done in the last 5 years gives him an automatic pass to wrestlemania. So if anyone wants to flame me for my opinion, I can't stop em.

Saracen

If you think about it, Vince needs The Rock more than The Rock needs Vince at this moment in time. Therefore, it would be Vince pulling all the strings to entice him back, rather than Rocky using his status to demand that he walks into WrestleMania. And if they had a PlayBoy match at WrestleMania, I'm sure they'd rather Rocky took their spot.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that the Rock has earned his place but if you leave and someone takes your seat it's not yours anymore. You gotta suit up for practice, be dedicated to the team, and remain a force on it if you want to be counted. One needs to be there more than he currently is in order to be at the top. What about the guys who are still there day after day, keeping it all going?

Don't get me wrong. I love the Rock. I am a huge fan. I simply feel that if he wants to be involved, he should be MORE OFTEN involved.

Nope, not trying to get flamed at all....

I will be the first to admit that the Rock is another WWE icon, a great wrestler and a fan favorite, but I just did not think that walking into a wrestlemania then walking back out again was particularly fair to the fans or other wrestlers.

When i said "earn your place" I am of strong belief that anyone who appears on Wrestlemania should be working the normal shows as well. I am only commenting with my own opinion of fair play.

Imagine how you would feel as a WWE wrestler, regarding that Wrestlemania is the only show that means something to every wrestler, you think you might get booked after working hard entertaining the fans and the Rock just swans in gets booked and goes again, It would be devastating!

And to some of the fans, it would have given them the false impression that the Rock was returning to the WWE.

That is my opinion and it is just as valid as anyone who thinks because of what the Rock has done in the last 5 years gives him an automatic pass to wrestlemania. So if anyone wants to flame me for my opinion, I can't stop em.

Saracen

Well quite honestly, I think you've got it all wrong.

The Rock has earnt his place and has gone away to do movies for a while to see if he can get a career out of it. (fair dues) And now, he comes back for a Wrestlemania to entertain the fans, and your saying that he shouldn't be allowed? I think deep down that Rocky still loves the business which is why he makes appearances so much. He loves the crowds. And when you say about a wrestler working their ass off only to be rejected for The Rock, well, this was supposedly "the biggest Wrestlemania of all time" so, of course, The Rock has earnt his place to wrestle there, especially over the newcomer, whoever that may have been. And I think that the newcomer would have appreciated and respected that.

Well, it wouldn't be so much a false impression of The Rock returning, it would be excitement knowing that The Rock could possibly be coming back soon. And just seeing him live and on national TV is amazing, and I think that 99% of WWE fans appreciate that. Of course they want him back for good, but seeing him for the odd appearance is certainly better than not seeing him at all.

Well, that's my opinion, and I feel strongly about this one, I know it's the right one :xyx

The Rock is th most electrifying thing in sports entertainment today, he has the ability to make anyone famous, he can turn the tide in the middle of the match e.g Rock vs Hogan, at the start he got booed out of his pants but by the end the fans were cheering for him i don't see anyone else that can do that. He made Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam 2002, he even sold for Paul Heyman i mean who the hell would sell for him.