SCW/SWA Important News

Dead Crow

From Scottish Championship Wrestling...

Scottish Championship Wrestling has closed it's doors for the last time. All shows are cancelled, all titles are vacant and the name Scottish Championship Wrestling will go with them. The Training Centre will continue to function, news of that can be found at the NWA UK website. No doubt, a new Promotion will appear on the scene also.

From Scottish Wrestling Alliance...

A new beginning

Due to the unfortunate closure of Scottish Championship Wrestling, a new force is born in British Wrestling. The Scottish Wrestling Alliance will take over from where SCW left off, giving fans the usual high quality wrestling action you would expect from the roster involved. Stars such as Majik, Conscience, Total Annihilation, Sabotage, Eric Canyon, Andy Hogg, Aidan Corrigan, Billy Grange, Flight, Falcon, Chris Charizma and more will transfer to SWA with many other talents scheduled to appear from MPW, NWA-UK Hammerlock and beyond.

SWA will also showcase the Scottish Heavyweight title and the Scottish Tag Team Titles, as well as a new title to be announced at the first show. For more details, please visit the temporary website at http://www.swa.t2u.com which will be available soon.

From UKFF...

"After great deliberation over differences of opinions on the way forward, the 5 member board of the company known as SCW have mutually agreed to dissolve their business partnership. 4 members have stayed together and have now formed the all new Scottish Wrestling Alliance. We hope to bring a high level of wrestling and entertainment to Scotland and to run alongside our neighbours, BCW, as a professional, approachable company. We would like to thank all the fans and workers of the former SCW for their support and hope that they will come along to SWA shows in the very near future.

In closing, we would like to thank Mr. Kenny Morrison for all his efforts and input and wish him all the best in his future endeavours."

So basically the same company with a new name?

Yeah looks that way, just without Kenny Morrison. I wish SWA the best of luck! :xyx and hope they keep us at TWO and Wrestling 101 informed of shows, results and news! Cheers :)

Shafted is a pretty strong term.

Others came on-board with me and a new partnership was agreed. I had a problem with losing main control of booking and let it simmer, so to speak.

I've had all sorts of accusations and claims levelled at me, each and every one i'll attempt to keep off of this forum and attempt to not start a war. What I can say, is that I started SCW to give Scottish fans something to watch, wrestlers somewhere to work and prospective trainees somewhere to train.

Before the "affiliation", SCW had grown to a point where it paid for itself...I'm fairly proud of that. Before the "affiliation", SCW had seen a 20 year legend and a former OVW/WWE Tryout Camp attendee...who actually refused a WWE Development Deal...as it's two Scottish Heavyweight Championship Holders. SCW had around 25 trainees, give or take a few who flirted at it and only attended every so often. SCW had a roster which, mainly, was seen as there's and that gave the promotion it's own sense of identity. Fair enough, SCW had it's share of problems and that's, no doubt, down to me making mistakes, me not being "one of the boys" and me never having been in a locker room previous to starting out.

Saying all that, I knew the problems would start...afterall, the UK scene is tiny and filled with people trying to "be". What I didn't know, and was told I couldn't achieve, was all the other stuff. But hey, this isn't about me so it really doesn't matter what I achieved.

So, this brings us to after the "affiliation" and where I found myself. The Training Centre was great, let's not kid ourselves here or cause any problems. I would have been happy never seeing the place, never talking to trainees again and taking guidance. I'd have been happy just Booking, writing the storylines, developing the website and doing all the donkey work. The donkey work, like in any other walk of life, is bearable so long as you enjoy the rest of it.

So, I took stock. I decided that I had no more money to put in, even though it was as good as self sufficient at the time, and the fact SCW was now looking to sprint and break land speed records, as opposed to beginning to walk as I felt it was, meant I'd lose more control as my financial input became less and less. There was no "Well, Kenny's put in this...so, let's all get to a point of parity", again there's no reason why there should have been and I never asked for there to be. I did ask to regain the Booking, which I asked about for a number of reasons. Finally, I decided it was time to get out of it all. Why deal with wrestlers, with venues, with sites, papers, etc etc etc when you don't enjoy any of it.

As anyone who's done it will tell you, it's impossible to control everything and then suddenly find yourself needing to make phone calls etc to just type one line of text. To suddenly go from having the answers to continually forwarding people on. It's a little like Ken Bates at Chelsea...apparently I'm quite like Ken Bates, in that nobody likes me and I've upset a whole series of people. Like Ken Bates, I make absolutely no apologies and couldn't even care...again, it's not about me and never was.

It's even a bit like Dick Advocaat when Alex McLeish took over at Rangers...only, i'm not Dutch and I'm not ginger. :)

So, onto today. I'm out, SCW has been disbanded and the SWA is rising. I don't want to start another Promotion, but I wouldn't say no to helping a Promotion out by doing some booking, maybe some writing and maybe some web work. I feel my CV is not too bad on that front. "But Kenny, you left SCW because of..." - Yeah, but SCW was mine and it would have been a step backwards to be the odd job guy who booked 2 slots a show. I wasn't even needed there any more, people with more experience in the industry were in and, if the plans are the same, expect to see SWA sky rocket.

As for SWA itself. I have friends there who I'd like to see make it to the top and they have a pretty impressive roster. Any Scottish fan looking to get into training should head to the SWA and give it a go. I'm sure the fans will all still go along, I'm sure the trainees will progress and the ties with Hammerlock give them all something to aim for. It's not 2001 anymore, you won't see Billy Grange having to be Chris Nowinski, Flight won't be Rey Misterio, Aidan won't be Lance Storm, Tommy Taylor won't be Maven and the shows don't have WWF merchandise being sold or the Police coming in to stop the shows. Good luck to the SWA, good luck to Conscience and everybody else who's on the SWA roster.

In closing, it came a long way from me going round forums asking people if they felt it was viable and hoping beyond hope somebody would step up and work alongside me back then. Scotland now has a wrestling scene, maybe now I can finally enjoy actually watching it. It'll be nice to not be sat worrying if the ring is going to collapse or watching a match you've seen in your head a thousand times.

However much 'spin' you put on it Tsu it stil sucks. I know we never really spoke much and when we did it was usually to take the piss out of each other but it was obvious how much you enjoyed your work with SCW and Im sorry that it ended up like this.

I remember when you were first starting SCW, and I can't believe it's got so far. Even though we don't see eye to eye, I have a hell of a lot of respect for you for reviving the scottish wrestling scene, and yeah I'm sorry it's ended like this, but I hope you do help with other companys in the future, cos you've proved you can be successful in the business.

However much 'spin' you put on it Tsu it stil sucks. I know we never really spoke much and when we did it was usually to take the piss out of each other but it was obvious how much you enjoyed your work with SCW and Im sorry that it ended up like this.

My sentiments exactly (apart from taking the piss part ;)) :xyx