[DVD] WWE Tagged Classics: Royal Rumble 1991 & 1992

Peter K

Buy It:

Wrestling 101 Shop - WWE DVDs (For UK & USA)

Royal Rumble 1991

Royal Rumble: Bret "Hitman" Hart, Dino Bravo, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Paul Roma, Texas Tornado, "The Model" Rick Martel, Saba Simba, Bushwhacker Butch, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Hercules, Tito Santana, The Undertaker, "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka, British Bulldog, Smash, Hawk, Shane Douglas, Animal, Crush, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Earthquake, Mr. Perfect, Hulk Hogan, Haku, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Bushwhacker Luke, Brian Knobbs, Warlord & Tugboat

Sgt. Slaughter v The Ultimate Warrior

Dusty & Dustin Rhodes v Ted DiBiase & Virgil

The Mountie v Koko B Ware

The Barbarian v Big Bossman

The Rockers v The Orient Express

Royal Rumble 1992

Royal Rumble: British Bulldog, "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase, Ric Flair, Jerry Sags, Haku, Shawn Michaels, "El Matador" Tito Santana, The Barbarian, The Texas Tornado, Repo Man, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Nikolai Volkoff, Big Bossman, Hercules, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Irwin R. Schyster, "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka, The Undertaker, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, The Berzerker, Virgil, Colonel Mustafa, "The Model" Rick Martel, Hulk Hogan, Skinner, Sgt. Slaughter, Sid Justice & The Warlord

The Legion of Doom v The Natural Disasters

The Beverly Brothers v The Bushwhackers

The Mountie v Roddy Piper

The New Foundation v The Orient Express

• 9 months later...

I got this and watched them both over the weekend. Had seen them before and heres my verdict -

ROYAL RUMBLE 1991

Rumble Match - The usual good Rumble match WWFstandard. 8/10

Sgt. Slaughter v The Ultimate Warrior

With Warriors title reign prooving a failure they wanted to get the belt back to Hogan and decided to go through a Hell who was very much over at the time (despite a lack of talent and terrible, irritating mic skills). Rubbish match with Savage interferring. 1.5/5

Dusty & Dustin Rhodes v Ted DiBiase & Virgil

Virgils turn. Really a largelly uneventful match until the turn of virgil at the end and the crowd were really hot for him. Ted brings his quality to the match and just about saves it for being a blooper. 2/5

The Mountie v Koko B Ware - This isnt on the DVD?????

The Barbarian v Big Bossman - As youd expect. Pretty dull. 1.5/5

The Rockers v The Orient Express - A CLASSIC. A tage Team lesson. Brillaint. But the DVD for this match. Superb. Ahead of its time in many ways. 4.5/5

Event score - 3.5/5. Good Solid PPV

Royal Rumble 1992

Rumble Match - One of the very best in Royal Rumble History. Flair, Sid, Hogan, Taker, Jake, Savage make it a classic. 9/10

The Legion of Doom v The Natural Disasters - Wasnt expecting much to be honest and didnt get it. Dusty finish and really broing match from WWf tag champs LOD who are usually so brillaint. 2/5

The Beverly Brothers v The Bushwhackers - Dont get me started on the Bushwackers. I hate them. Hate theri gimmick. Hate the way they constantly do the arm thingy. Hate thier in ring ability. Spoil it for me. I do like the beverlys though but what can they do with Luke and bucth. Precisley nothing. Jameson is in the Bushwackers corner and he is a pain too. 0.5/5

The Mountie v Roddy Piper - I dont like Piper either. Far too OTT. Far to annoying and not even that good in the ring. Only great Piper match is against Bret at WM8. This was just to set that match up and lasts about 3 minutes. Doesnt do justice to the talent of the Mountie and he didnt deserve the drop the belt in such a way. 1.5/5

The New Foundation v The Orient Express - I though this would be a great match but it never gets going despite 20 minutes of ring time. Owen has a few great spots. Neidhart never has good spots. Oreint Express dissapointed. 1.5/5

4 poor undercard macthes but the main event makes it worthwhile. Get this DVD package if you can as its well worth watching

• 5 months later...