[Book] The Death of WCW

Peter K

• 1 year later...

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of this book as I want to read just how WCW rose, became the leader in the industry and then died (and was buried by WWE's inept creative team) The story of WCW fascinates me. A company that had all of Turner's money at it's disposal - part of Warner Bros for goodness sake. And in the space of 4 or so years went from leading Wrestling in 1996-8 with the nWo and innovations like Luchadors to becoming a footnote in wrestling history shortly before WrestleMania X7 (2001) Now we can see just who did kill WCW. Was it Hogan and his cronies, holding talent back and milking money? Bischoff who's arrogance and complacency allowed WWE to pull back? Turner? Or maybe it was someone else - or maybe WWE was always gonna win in the end. Or maybe, just maybe it was the guy who said that David Arquette would make a great World Heavyweight Champion!

Mike

• 1 month later...

Apologies for commiting the sin of replying to myself, but I just finished reading the book and it was fantastic. It's very informative and covers every one of the millions of times the WCW dropped the ball, mistakes from wrestlers, bookers and owners alike. It tells you all the things WCW did right too (yes they did get it right occasionally) But overall being informative and in depth is only half of it, the book also manages to be funny while doing it! Written in much the same way as Wrestlecrap was the book is packed with in jokes (even the dedication is to "Hunter and Steph"). It's a great read and well worth the wait. It's a fascinating story that once you know it may change the way you look at wrestling forever. Certainly my opinions of certain people were changed.

Mike