Most annoying announcer?

WWE

Who is the most annoying commentator?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most annoying commentator?

• Jerry "The King" Lawler
    • Jim "J.R" Ross
    • Tazz
    • Michael Cole

i think Michael Cole lol cuz he says stuff like "thanks to his dad"... about Chavo Guerrero lol and he has an annoyin voice but I appreiate it that he is a SD! Commentator else 1 man commentary wouldnt be very good now would it? lol :lol

I love the fact that there's only four options. It's like there's only ever been four commentators in history, when everyone knows that there's been five. The Coach is shunned again. :(

Anyway, the worst commentator in the US (If it included the UK, just include anyone who's ever commentated on a wrestling show who was born within a 20 mile radius of London) in my opinion is Jerry Lawler. His act is stale, his jokes are repetitive and he ends up ruining matches by trying to add humour. I mean, why is he always trying to be funny? Surely some times you have to be sensible to get your point across. I HATE people who always try to be funny, I could never do that.

Anyway, Lawler is just so bloody awful that it's not funny. JR is far from perfect, but I don't think that there's anyone as of now who's ready to take over as the number one PBP guy. Michael Cole has improved so much since the 90's, but he still sounds pretty stupid sometimes, especially when he says "damn". Tazz is hilarious and adds a lot to the matches when he's serious, Josh Matthews is the future voice of WWE and listening to The Coach's voice is like an aural orgasm.

Anyway, kill Lawler and put his Puppies to sleep.

Well out of that list it is a tough choice between JR and King. JR due to his over-exxageration on everything, (check any SCSA match for proof) or King for the fact that he has an annoying voice, keeps shouting puppies mindlessly, and just sounds like a wally. King would get my vote thinking about it. However out of all the announcers i have heard, i would say Zabysco (sp) is the worst. I used to hate him on Thunder, he was just so dull and monotonous it drove me crazy. :evil

I voted JR. He sounds like he is part of the KKK with some of the stuff he says.

I don't know whether it's because I only ever watch RAW when I'm drunk but I think King is hilarious with his little quips. What did he say about Tajiri last night?

"Hey JR, if you turn a Japanese man upside-down does he become disorientated?"

Quality.

Cole and Tazz are extremely good. I don't really like Coach's commentary at all but I do think Josh Mathews is superb. Absolutely superb.

Cheers!

Don West, in a company outside of the WWE *shock horror - they do exist* called NWA:TNA, annoys the hell out of me sometimes. I know he's a mark in the business and conveys genuine emotion during the shows, but sometimes he really comes off quite dumb and irritating.

Larry Zybyzko annoyed the hell out of me too, especially when talking about some gorrilla shaving. What a lame ass catchphrase.

Michael Cole By a Body Length, C'mon J. Ross is the Modern Day voice of Wrestling, and Lawler used to be Hilarious, Sure he's a bit Stale but he's still better than Cole.

Cole is Pathetic, yes he has improved since 99 but not by much in my Oppinion, Blast me if you Will but thats My oppinion.

Best Announcers, Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan, they were the Personification of Perfection.

Final Thought: Michael Cole is like a piece of Luggage... He has to be Carried everywhere by Tazz

The King definitely, squealing on inanely about puppies does not a good commentator make!

JR has improved abit over the last couple of weeks, maybe it is because he doesn't have to worry about where to store Austin's bags anymore, so he concentrate on the commentating!

Don West, in a company outside of the WWE *shock horror - they do exist* called NWA:TNA, annoys the hell out of me sometimes. I know he's a mark in the business and conveys genuine emotion during the shows, but sometimes he really comes off quite dumb and irritating.

Larry Zybyzko annoyed the hell out of me too, especially when talking about some gorrilla shaving. What a lame ass catchphrase.

I agree with West, and I think the same applys to Tenay. I know he is the smarks wrestler, but if you say JR's over-the-top, try listening to this guy.

If your an annoucer your limited to what your calling, Jim Ross for example sounds great when he's calling Foley vs Orton or Benoit/HHH/Michaels because he's into the product, give him HHH vs Nash or Goldberg vs Lesnar and its a little hard to get into something and get it across when you and everyone else knows it sucks.

Don West annoys me the most, he adds nothing to the product, he's not a heel, he's not funny all he does is hype something Tenay already does and better, Tenay would be much better playing off another heel anoucer like Callis.

The ROH comentators know there wrestling but their voice pisses me right off and as for CZW man do they suck as well, they can't make up whose face, heel or colour, anyone whose seen when Teddy Hart joined you'll know what I mean...

Out of the list, well I can and sit and watch Raw and say 9 out of 10 times what JR's gonna say next, its a game me and mates play, I am current champ.

don west is so over the top, that i can't help but like the guy

i pretty much agree with everyone's assessment of lawler

JR is still very good when he has a good product to call (which he does now)...he just has the right voice of an announcer

michael cole has improved at calling a match and he too has the right voice to convey the emotion...but he is still a complete weiner and says alot of annoying and incorrect things

i'm a tazz mark and he rules...when tazz is calling a big match (i.e., angle vs eddie or something similar), there is no one better right now IMHO

the coach makes a pretty good heel manager, but his commentating is the shits...i'm begging him to learn the name of one move

Tony Shivonae is also quite, Pardon my French, Not Good.

He misses Calls and Doesnt know the Name of half the Moves, He's got a Good voice for the Job, but not the right intellect, IMO he should have stuck to Interviewing.

E.g. Let me set the Scene, Jericho versus Rey jr.

Rey Hurricarana's Jericho off the lifeguard seat onto some Sand.

Mike Tenay: "OH!! Hurricarana off the Lookout!!"

Tony Shivonae: "Well that sands Pretty soft, But everybody Knows that it can be... Pretty irritating"

Awkward Silence...

Final Thought: Gorilla and Heenan look real good and sound even Better, they make HHH and Steiner look like Angle and Lesner.