Good news for all Y2J and Fozzy fans

Alan

I wasnt sure whether to stick this here or in Music, so if it needs to be moved go for it.

From wwe.com

Chris Jericho’s band, Fozzy, is continuing its metamorphosis into what Y2J describes as a “legitimate, kick-ass rock band.”

The heavy metal group has just completed a round of concerts -- which coincided in location with WWE events – and is putting the finishing touches on its third album, “All That Remains,” its first all-originals collection.

“It seems like the audience for the band is growing,” Jericho told WWE.com today in a telephone interview. “I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that the band is getting better.”

The recent series of concerts was something of a stroke of genius for Y2J. In the past, he has struggled to find time for live performances because his full-time wrestling schedule made it difficult. These days, the band is trying to perform in the same cities as WWE. Over the last few weeks, Fozzy concerts have taken place just after RAW in Chicago, Calgary and Phoenix; after Backlash in Edmonton; and after a live event in Lubbock, Texas.

It makes life easier and more fun for Jericho, and also for fans, who can often walk to the Fozzy concert after the conclusion of RAW events. “It’s a great time for us to do it, after WWE,” Jericho said.

Jericho says Fozzy fans can expect more concerts in the near future as the band prepares to unveil its new album. “All That Remains” is tentatively scheduled for an August release, Jericho said.

“I can’t wait for the record to come out,” he said. “I think it’s going to blow a lot of people away. People aren’t going to believe how good this is. It’s definitely the best thing we’ve ever done.”

The album was produced at a studio in Atlanta – the same one where Elton John is recording, Jericho said. According to the Web site FozzyRock.com, the album will feature “a good mix of metal, melody and some surprises for everyone.”

Those surprises include guest appearances from Zakk Wylde of the Black Label Society (Wylde and his band are huge WWE fans and are friends with many of the Superstars), Mark Tremonti (formerly of Creed) and Marty Friedman of Megadeth.

Also, the rapper Bonecrusher laid down some guest vocals. “He’s also a big Chris Jericho fan,” Jericho said of Bonecrusher. “We had an idea for a rapper to do a part on one of the tracks, and he came down and just blew everyone away.”

Well thats great news. I am glad to hear that the album will be completely original, as the 3 or 4 tracks he and Rich Ward wrote on Happenstance were really quite good. The guest appearances look interesting as well.

The music IMO is great, but it is way too late for them to have any kind of real success. As draven said, Jericho and his band would have fitted in perfectly about 20 years ago when this genre of rock was at its peak. They are a talented group with alot to offer to those willing to listen.