The Libertines

Boyo

Should Boyo buy their album?

I usually listen to a bit of hip-hop but have recently bought some rock albums, as I like rock, too.

The albums I bought, to appear cooler, are: The Strokes, Jet, Audioslave, Soundgarden, The Darkness, No Doubt, Led Zep, Sublime and Franz Ferdinand.

I quite like punky, energetic guitar riffs, some screaming vocals, but nothing too erm, errrrrrrrrrrm, nothing too DEATH METAL!

The Libertines seem right up Boyo's street, but before I shell out can I get some opinions from you guys?

The main question is: what songs would I have heard of theirs? And where would I have heard them? And what do sound like?

Cheers!

Vamp says Boyo should buy their album as they are a brilliant band! Well, thats what Vamp thinks anyway. Hope Vamp was of help. I do recommend it though!

Songs Boyo will have heard will be Time For Heroes, and Don't Look Back Into The Sun.

Don't just stop at the album to truely appreciate and believe the hype of the Libertines is to see them live, they are like no other. I saw them a couple of months ago and got to meet Pete, good stuff. Great band and if you want to get a sneak peak of a libs song without buying the cd find a friend who has Dancing Stage Unleashed on the XBox as Up The Bracket is one of the tracks.

I'm a huge fan of The Libertines. Their debut album 'Up the bracket' is maazing and hopefully their new album will be just as good. I saw them live a couple of months ago at the Brixton Acedemy, supported by the one and only Chas 'n' Dave. They are a great live band and quite possibly the future of British rock and roll.

What is a shame is that it seems people feel the need to jump on the bandwagon and say how much they love them, just because they are credible, without hearing much of their stuff. They should look beyond the image and the tabloids and sit back and listen. The Libertines are a true rock talent. Saying that, if people buy the records just because of the image or the hype or the fact that they are seen as cool I'm pretty sure Pete and Karl won't mind at all.

I wasn't too keen on them but my sis bought the album and converted me, their ain't nothing wrong with the Lib's, Boyo go buy it now! And an AFI album while your there called Sing For Sorrow, thats cool to but a bit different from the Libertines...