Summer Transfers

E2K

Who would you all like to see your teams signing in the summer? Which positions do you think need filling? If you were the manager, where would you be looking to strengthen the side? And be realistic. Edited by E2K

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent really looked at specific players, but West Ham really need to boost the defence. That has been the consistent factor in our poor games, and if we get into the premeirship next season we will not survive with the defense we have at the moment. The one player that should leave no questions asked is Tomas Repka. He has been so inconsistent all season, with some absolute dire games and with an even worse disciplinary record. Andy melville isnt too great either, Anton Ferdinand is still quite young and needs to develop further, Dailly is the only one who deserves to be out there each and every week. Hopefully with Rufus Brevett returning soon that will help, but something needs to be done. Edited by Alan

Although Crippler will tell you otherwise, I'm not a Rangers fan. However, if I was, I'd be extremely excited at the prospect of signing Dado Prso. He's EXACTLY the player that Rangers have needed for years and years. He's strong, he can win headers, he can hold off challenges and he gets all the little flicks on that the pacey forwards for Rangers would thrive on. He might be 29, but if Rangers can get the best from Prso for 4 or 5 years then they might very well have themselves the 20-30 goal a season striker they've needed since the McCoist/Hately days.

I think Tranmere could do with another solid midfielder, although we signed another Jamaican internation yesterday, but I still feel we could use another. I think what we should really do is try and sign Neil Mellor on loan for a season, he scored 10 goals in 4 games for Liverpool reserves and IMO would guarente us goals to help us up the table.

I'm a gooner and we have recently been blessed with the worst gloryhunters I've ever witnessed. They are the worst because they believe ALL the papertalk. Arsenal to sign Beckham/Trezeguet/Thuram etc etc.

Rubbish!

Arsenal will strengthen but don't expect massive signings. Reyes at £10.5m was a massive signing for us. Robin van Persie has arrived and I expect he'll do a good job. How much did he cost? £3m? Not even that. Bargain.

Anyway, the rumours of credence circulating are AFC signing Owen Hargreaves, Philippe Mexes and another striker. But who that is I have no idea as Wenger doesn't give a thing away. The biggest rumour is John Woodgate, I can see this signing.

I think Bergkamp will leave, to be honest. Keown is leaving. Giovanni van Bronckhorst is leaving. Jeffers is leaving. Kanu is probably leaving. Wiltord may well leave. David Bentley is being loaned out, probably to Birmingham. Pennant has toughened up a bit at Leeds and should be an asset.

Cheers!

i think man united should sign beckham back because without him nistelrooy isnt getting enough decent crosses and he would be a good buisness sense signing but unfortunatly Real Madrd want like 35mil for him. if i was fergie i would look into tooti and samual from roma they are perhaps the most underrated stars in the world and roma are in some financial troubles aswell. Russ sorry mate but Prso is only interested in moving to england

no seriosly totti is the best ATM in the world

Totti is a good player but I could think of a whole starting eleven of attacking mids who are better than Totti?

GK: Zidane

RB: Figo

LB: Del Piero

CB: Pires

CB: Kaka

LM: Scholes

CM: Ronaldinho

CM: Rui Costa

RM: Beckham

ST: Aimar

ST: Deco

SB: Giuly

SB: Ljungberg

SB: Valeron

SB: van der Vaart

SB: Joaquin

Totti would be next, probably.

Totti may be the best ATM in the world in your opinion but just because he gives people money doesn't make him a great player...

Cheers!

I know we've got Muzzy Izzet coming for definate in the summer on a bosman, he should be a good player. I know Bryan Hughes (Midfield) and possibly Aliou Cisse (Midfield) is leaving, aswell as Darren Purse (defender). I know Blues have put in a bid on Robbie Keane from Tottenham, cos we really need another striker. We need at least 1 more midfielder, 1 more striker, and a new right back and left back.

We need at least 1 more midfielder

Legend has it Birmingham have pretty much finalised a season-long loan deal for Arsenal's David Bentley.

They tried to sign him after Bentley took 'Boro apart in the FA Cup but Wenger said (something like):

"Hahaha! No."

But allowed Birmingham to have him on loan to toughen him up. Just like he did with Pennant.

Cheers!

Wenger has come out and said that Bentley WILL be loaned out to a Prem club next season and Birmingham have been at the front of the queue for over 6 months now.

You have competition in Norwich, Pompey and...erm...errrrrm...West Brom...I think.

Cheers!

As a Man Utd fan, i was expecting a season like this to come along. I mean Fergie is building his third man united team now. Obviously there is gonna be a season or two like this whilst the change happens. People like Giggs, Keane have a couple of good seasons left, but Fergie has to build to the future. Its obvious Miller will be keanes long term replacement, with Fletcher also holding a midfield role. Then we have richardson, ronaldo, brown, o'shea along with, as i have said, fletcher and miller. The team will need time to gel. I think that Forlan and especially kleberson are pointless players for united and are not good enough to play for them.. neither likely to be in fergies long term plans. Them 2 a definate to go. With Rio coming back from his suspension, i think our defence will be in top form next year. Solksjaer should be fully fit also. The only reason van Nistelrooy hasnt been as prolific (spell check) is because beckham has gone true. but ronaldo has come on leaps and bounds, and we have also missed solksjaer this season. he took over beckhams position brilliantly even when becks was still at united. so to be honest, we dont really need to buy anyone.. just sell a couple. i think next year will be abit like this year, but then we will be back in the title hunt.

Man Utd need to get their act together. Man Utd need to buy big, as well. Not all managers can be as crafty as Wenger when finding cheap bargains.

I watched Man Utd vs Chelsea today - you took such a battering for 80 mins. You were dominated at home, out manouevred in midfield, out passed, out played, in front of your fans. Chelsea battered you and the only thing that helped you was that Chelsea went down to 10 men because the ref (live on TV, right on camera) BOTTLED sending Scholes off for two bookable offences in two minutes. He was quick enough to send Huth off, though.

Keane can barely play one game a week. Fletcher is promising but you can't expect him to own the midfield. Phil Neville is a cynical, ugly man. Butt is past it. Djemba Djemba is a wuss.

Your attacking options are great, RvN, Saha, Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo and probably an exciting new signing. Your defence is pretty good, maybe a squad player or two needed - maybe promote some youth?

But it's the midfield...Fergie got it all wrong last summer and needs to get it right this summer. Simple as.

Cheers!

I'd concur with my fellow bluenose Russ that the signing of Prso would be a fantastic coup for Rangers. We've never really had a replacement for Ally McCoist. Marco Negri came in and looked like the replacement but then he had that "squash accident" and never really performed after that. Prso could be that player who can consistently get 20+ goals a season. He's got great pedigree and despite the fact that he would be leaving a potential Champions League winning club, I think it's fair to say he'd be joining a much bigger club if he went to Ibrox.

We've already signed Jean-Alain Boumsong and Marvin Andrews for defence. Boumsong is a French international centre back, I've not seen him play but he must be more than decent if he can get into that squad and by all accounts he is pretty strong which is what we need. Andrews will be a decent backup player. Once again he is strong which is what we need in the team.

A lot of who Rangers bring in this summer depends on who leaves. I'd expect Arteta to leave and if he does then we really need a top quality central midfielder in. Who that would be, I've really no clue. I'd love Barry Ferguson back at Rangers and apparently he'd welcome a move back but I can't see that happening as Blackburn would be reluctant to sell him and we'd not be able to afford him.

He may be ugly, but Phil Neville is a grafter, and a good talent. Yes, Fergie did not buy aswell as he could have. I thought Kleberson was a pointless buy. I disagree with the Djemba Djemba remark. Ive seen him a few times, that he has played this season. He seems quick, skilful, and is not scared of making a tackle. Summing him up as a wuss is what you do on a playground in infant school. He is a talented footballer.

To be honest, i thought the game was pretty even. Chelsea i remember about 60-70 minutes into the game, had one shot on target. They did dominate most of the midfield, (this due to Scholes being substituted, as the first 30 mins the midfield was pretty even), and passed it well throughout alot of the game. Defensively i thought united ripped chelsea apart. Ronaldo and giggs were running circles around the defence. Hugh got sent of because we were to quick for him. We could have, and maybe should have won that game. We had more, and better chances than Chelsea. Apart from the goal, gudjohnsen had a really good chance. For us, we had the penalty, the incident surrounding scholes diving, which he did, solkjaers chance towards the end of the game, and a couple others i know we had.

But all in all, a fair result. To say we took a battering for 80 mintues makes me laugh. You must have seen highlights.. that you, yourself, edited to make chelsea look dominant for 80 mintues. :P

Who should we sign? First of all who do we get rid of.

Diego Forlan, however hard he tries is simply not good enough, he's had long enough now and needs to be shown the door, even if it's on a free.

Kleberson, showed promise around mid season, although I agree he was a pointless buy. We already had Butt, Neville, Djemba-Djemba, Forune and Keane in that position so buying Kleberson was a strange one to me.

Roy Keane, legend. Unless he's gonna hang up his boots and join the coaching staff I'm afraid I'd be happy to see him go off for his final swansong at Celtic. He can't play in every game any more and now he's gonna play for the Republic again meaning he'll be available even less.

Who should we sign.

Jerome Rothen of Monaco, Giggsy needs serious competition on the left and this guy has impressed me. Superb delivery from the left which Ruud would thrive on, he also has the ability to beat his man with good pace.

Steven Gerrard, it's been in the papers, as much as I doubt it would happen I'd love it if it did, but we need to find a player like Gerrard to replace Keane.

We also need a quality left back, John O'Shea was alright there to start with but we need a naturally left sided player there again, allowing O'Shea to challenge for a CB slot. Quinton Fortune was tried there but that was not really succesfull.

What about Silvestre? I think O'Shea is a quality left back, and next year he will be better with this seasons experience behind him. I mean, he can get forward, deliver good passes, take on entire defences, and get back to defend. Super player.

Silvestre is better used at Centre Back, he and Rio forged a fantastic partnership and we had the best defensive record in the Prem before Rio's forced absence, he's a great LB but we need him at CB.

I'm not saying O'Shea is a bad Left Back, it's just that he has the same problem as any right footer playing on the left, in that once he gets forward he has problems delivering the ball, always trying to get it onto his right foot when an early ball from a left foot would be better. I just think we need a naturally left footed player out there.

Phil Neville is a good left back as is O'Shea, do you forgetful United fans not remember when he helped tear Newcastle apart with Giggs on the left side! His fantastic run into the box and thunderous shot against the bar which Giggs tapped in, class.

But as a Man Utd fan I as disappointed that we tried to stick PSV over Robben and allow Chelsea into the deal, he would have been a talent, Ronaldino was supposed to be coming again but it will cost £60m and the board are scared of that kind of that money. We need a right sided midfielder and Figo was supposed to be looking unsafe at Madrid but now it looks Beckham is leaving, but coming back to United so soon, under Fergie, theres more chance of me getting the number 7 shirt...

We need centre back cover, cover for Giggs and Ronaldo and another striker to back up Saha and Ruud because Ole is getting on and his knees aren't so good and Forlan was a failed experiment.

Phil Neville is a good left back as is O'Shea, do you forgetful United fans not remember when he helped tear Newcastle apart with Giggs on the left side! His fantastic run into the box and thunderous shot against the bar which Giggs tapped in, class.

No, im not forgetfull.. as i mentioned O'shea in my previous post. Phil Neville is now a midfielder. He is a much better midfielder than left back.. IMO. I do remember when O'shea hit the bar.. and as i also said in my previous posts, he can run through entire defences, and get back into a defensive position.

Sorry Vamp, my post was aimed at K.J. who seems to think O'Shea should be moved when he has fitted well there all season. I think the good thing about United is that all the players are flexible all over the park, its just getting it to gel.