Bret Hart Returning Soon?!?!

Jack

The latest word on the Bret Hart to WWE situation is that many backstage are expecting a deal to be reached between Bret and WWE by the end of the year.

Sources claim that Bret Hart has requested two things before agreeing to a deal with WWE. Firstly, he wants rights to his footage for home videos. He also is now interested in returning in some sort of storyline where he saves face by getting some sort of one-up over HBK or Vince McMahon, before saying goodbye (properly) to his legion of WWE fans.

Originally, Bret was completely against a storyline return, but now it seems that he might be interested in doing something to finally conclude the fallout from the 1997 Montreal Screwjob. He would still likely make his farewell speech

This makes a lot of sense especially since Vince is monster heel and HBK is set to turn soon

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh if he was only able to do a sharpshooter, just one! I'd imagine if both Shawn and Vince are heels by then, it'll be something like Bret screwing Shawn out of the title in some way. That works for me

He may not be able to do anything in the ring, but as darkstar said fans would mark out big time no matter what, i know i would! Another thing, in last weeks Fightin Talk in the Daily Star they mentioned that Bret would be at summerslam, now i know they are not normally trustworthy and to be honest i dont think they are right on this count either.

he has been back i the ring but not to wrestle' date=' and he is getting the moves back now so i hope he does return[/quote']

I was lucky enough to be in attendance for Bret Hart’s return to the ring last night in Canton, Ohio. His speech wasn’t long, but did cover a lot of the issues he’s dealt with, from multiple concussions to the stroke. He said he has virtually no feeling on the left side of his body, but he keeps striving to improve.

Bret Hart will never wrestle again, just to make it clear.

Anyway, if he came back to screw Vince and HBK then it could work quite simple, Benoit has been champion for months now, Vince says to HBK that having a canadian champion is just not right for a US promotion, HBK then assures Vince that he will get the title of Benoit anyway possible. We then come to the match (would work better if its in Canada).

Vince and HBK go to screw Benoit, lights go out and Brets music hits and when they come back on there he is in the ring, now depending what he can do will determin what happens after that, but having him save the day for Benoit, then do a good bye speech would be good.

• Like 1

Vince and HBK go to screw Benoit' date=' lights go out and Brets music hits and when they come back on there he is in the ring, now depending what he can do will determin what happens after that, but having him save the day for Benoit, then do a good bye speech would be good.[/quote']

Excellent idea! You've been thinking about Hitman scenarios before, haven't you? Crikey, second Walshy quote in two posts. Good going!!

I'd love to see Hitman one more time. I'd like to see him give his glasses to Tazz.

Cheers!

Would you please listen to yourselves for a second?

As much as I would even hate to say it, Bret the Hitman hart has had a stroke, he cannot move the left part of his body, or ever will, I wish it wasn't true.

But it is...

All we are doing is regarding Bret Hart with the reverence of his past acheivements, though great, that he can never, ever perform them again. I doubt he can even speak properly, let alone perform a sharpshooter.

Bret Hart was one of the greatest wrestlers that WWF/E ever produced, PLUS his heritage was with the world of sport, but the simple fact is we have to let go of the fact that he can wrestle, he can't and I hope and wish he can prove me wrong!

I spoke before about the cr*p that people put on the net, I was joking then, but now this is getting past a joke... Bret Hart will never wrestle again, get over it guys and gals, it is a sad but true fact.

Saracen

Would you please listen to yourselves for a second?

Bret the Hitman hart has had a stroke, he cannot move the left part of his body, or ever will

I doubt he can even speak properly, let alone perform a sharpshooter.

we have to let go of the fact that he can wrestle

I spoke before about the cr*p that people put on the net, I was joking then, but now this is getting past a joke... Bret Hart will never wrestle again, get over it guys and gals, it is a sad but true fact.

Hold your horses there, Saracen. I know you feel strongly about Bret, and have read your previous posts about him (and they are very good), but I am compelled to defend the posters on this thread.

None, not one of the posters has said that Bret will wrestle. In fact, pretty much everyone has confirmed that he will not wrestle.

We are not speculating on if he will wrestle, we are speculating on if he will return to the WWE.

What is your opinion? Do you think Bret will return to the WWE in any way?

As for not being able to speak properly because he had a stroke. I hope this isn't as severe as it could be, but JR does a fine job on commentary, and he had a massive stroke.

Sorry if I sounded harsh there, buddy.

Cheers!

No probs boyo, I respect you...

I'm guessing i'm letting my own personal opinions of what strokes do to people get in the way.

But i honestly think that Bret Hart's WWE career is over and done with, I doubt he'd want people to see him in any lesser state than how he has been remembered.

The fact we tlk about it is enough to keep his legacy alive, there is a risk he could ruin everything that was the hitman by appearing live, and I don't think it would be good television, as much as i would LOVE to see him.

Saracen

I don't think that he would ruin everything if he appeared live. In fact, i bet in most people's views it would raise him that much higher because he had enough pride and love for wrestling to come back for a proper good-bye.

My sister's father in law had the same severity of stroke as bret, and it affects the speech...

saracen

im assuming this man is older than bret plus the fact that all people heal differently and then you must remember that bret is a huge athlete and of course i dont know how fit your sisters father-in-law is, but i expect he isnt as fit as bret

Bibby,

A stroke or brain attack occurs when a blood clot blocks a blood vessel or artery, or when a blood vessel breaks, interrupting blood flow to an area of the brain. When a brain attack occurs, it kills brain cells in the immediate area. Doctors call this area of dead cells an infarct. These cells usually die within minutes to a few hours after the stroke starts.

When brain cells in the infarct die, they release chemicals that set off a chain reaction called the "ischemic cascade." This chain reaction endangers brain cells in a larger, surrounding area of brain tissue for which the blood supply is compromised but not completely cut off. Without prompt medical treatment this larger area of brain cells, called the penumbra, will also die. Given the rapid pace of the ischemic cascade, the "window of opportunity" for interventional treatment is about six hours. Beyond this window, reestablishment of blood flow and administration of neuroprotective agents may fail to help and can potentially cause further damage.

When brain cells die, control of abilities which that area of the brain once controlled are lost. This includes functions such as speech, movement, and memory. The specific abilities lost or affected depend on where in the brain the stroke occurs and on the size of the stroke (i.e., the extent of brain cell death). For example, someone who has a small stroke may experience only minor effects such as weakness of an arm or leg. On the other hand, someone who has a larger stroke may be left paralyzed on one side or lose his/her ability to express and process language. Some people recover completely from less serious strokes, while other individuals lose their lives to very severe strokes

Source: http://199.239.30.192/NationalStroke/HadAStroke/What+is+a+stroke%3f.htm

As you have read Bibby, fitness has nothing to do with it, it's all about luck.

regards

Saracen