How would you improve Smackdown?

Jack

After reading through all these threads i think almost everyone thinks that Smackdown is far inferior to RAW so, i just wondered how if you were in charge how you would improve the show.

If i was in charge i would get the missused talent of RAW (Kane, Jericho) and take them to Smackdown where there can be some good fueds built and some decent rivalry for the title

The key to all those smart-alec Smackdown bashers (if I may add to the question a bit, JB) is:

How would you improve Smackdown, working with the talent you've got already? That's the challenge that faces Kurt Angle.

I would promote the CW division - give the belt to Rey Mysterio and have Noble, Chavo, Kidman et all being sneaky little sods each week. Huge spot-fest wrestling.

Eddie can keep the belt. Cena, Booker, Undertaker would be involved in a big 4-way feud.

JBL would be IC champ for now, but Dupree, Jindrak, RVD and Mordecai would be battling for it.

The main thing though: I'd introduce CLASSIC tag teams. Keep the Dudleyz, the Bashams, Rico and Haas but add another two decent teams, in the vein of the Beverley Brothers and the Fabulous Rougeaus. Maybe making a team of Spike and Shannon Moore would work, lots of cool double-teaming moves to be had there.

I'd FIRE Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi.

I'd make Torrie Wilson Boyo's Personal Masseuse.

Cheers!

I feel the Cruiser divison needs reforming, how I don't know storyline wise but it should be the building block of better wrestling, like it was on Nitro... You'd see the cruisers and that at first includes Jericho, Benoit, Malenko and Eddie and you'd like the nWo for the drama. Smackdown needs that, it also needs a strong challenger for Eddie to build a good story and in ring fued with, if thats Jericho fine but a heel turn for him now would damage his character.

i think the problem with the CW division is WWE have pushed the top quality CWs too much. take rey mysterio for an example going back to the CW division is a two backwards step after one forward. i agree though that the CW division could be awesome...

No Spoilers!

Edited by Russ

Simple, bring in good cruiser talent and use them well, Vince needs to look out side his goldfish bowl and take lessons on how to book smaller guys from Japan and Britain and Mexico, he needs new concepts to replace the KOR and he needs to cut back on the stips, less tables and cages and Cells, save them for a huge blow-off to a fued on ppv.

yeh i have heard ultimo dragon will be back in august so he could liven things up aswell! i hope smackdown could keep the heavyweight division still good because cruisers make great wrestling but they may not be able to draw in the crowds. is aj styles still a cruiser because he would fit in awesomely with daniels and sabin

Promoting the cruiserweights is a good start. I've also heard very good things about the likes of AJ Styles, Low Ki, Christopher Daniels and CM Punk to name a few. I'd sign them to a wage they could live comfortably on. These guys might improve the tag division also. Then I'd get rid of the dead weight like Rikishi, Scotty, Bashams, JBL, etc. A main event scene built around Cena, Eddie, Taker, Booker & RVD wouldnt be too bad. But then Raw isn't perfect either.

Without a doubt i would change the way the Cruiserweight division is promoted and run. None of these guys get given a chance to really show the veiwers what they are made of. I would give them longer matches, put more emphasis on storylines involving them, and generally just take their division seriously. Also i would see about changing the writers, as the current ones aint doing too well IMO.

As well as the cruisers, what about hiring Japanese heavyweight talent? A shart run against a top All Japan guy could be great! If its a short term (1-2 month) contract it would be like the early territory system.

Perhaps we could get a once a year tournament to crown a REAL world champ! Well, ok that wont ever happen, but its a nice thought.

Tanashi in NJPW managed to have a good match with Shawn O'Haire on the Tokyo Dome card! Imagane (sorry can't spell) what a match between him and Cena would be like! Or Nagata v Benoit or Kobashi from NOAH v anyone, that would be a good match.

For anymore info on Japanese wrestling go to my favourite Puroresu site, http://www.puroresufan.com

Isn't it sad that, even though it's VERY clear people would like to see the CW division strongly pushed, the people who would gain the very most by it fail to see it. Let's face it, it a big push for cruisers hasn't happened after all this time and with the smallish talent they've had in the system since, say, the WCW buyout, it likely never will. This ESPECIALLY sucks for the smallest excellent workers who might be able to sneak by at the bottom of the division--in weight only, I mean--is the CWs were handled differently, but have zero chance of getting a deal now...great workers like Amazing Red and Trent Acid.

Here's a wild idea....

how about stopping all that behind the scenes camera crap and concentrate on telling the story in the ring and stick to interviews, like they used to?

Could work.....

Saracen

Its so easy to see that the Dud's are a lock for the tag titles, I mean why? They don't need a title run, its not like they need it for heat, its sad I know but the Dud's are over and done with.... And Dupree, all he did was stink in the ring on Raw and he goes against Cena? And don't get me started on Bradshaw, I mean I'm all in favour of new top line talent but giving someone a push cos their tag partners been fired off is not the way