All-Time Favourites

E2K

How often does your list of all-time favourite wrestlers change? The reason I ask is that I find that as time goes on, the likelihood of another wrestler becoming my all-time favourite is getting weaker and weaker. I mean, my two all-time favourites are Bret Hart and Randy Savage, who I've loved since I was 10. In the intervening 14 years, I've come to really like Stone Cold, Jericho, Benoit, but the Hitman and Macho are still very firmly my top two. I reckon maybe its because I liked them first, so not only do I have to like another wrestler, I have to like him more than them. Am I making sense here? What about the rest of y'all?

Hogan is and always will be my favorite, no matter what. I also was a huge Warrior fan, and I still think he is cool to this day, those guys are my all time favotires. Others include Jake Roberts, Honky Tonk Man, Demolition, Rockers, Hart Foundation, Rick Martel, Ted DiBiase, Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect etc...

I have had other guys over the years who I have liked, Austin, Taker, Rock (when he is a heel), but nothing has or ever will match the love I have for Hogan.

I grew up watching him, I guess you grow a strong bond with your childhood favorites...

I don't think my favourites have changed that much since I've started watching Wrestling. Undertaker was my first favourite when I started watching back in November 93 and he is to this day still one of my favourites. My other favourites have been Bret Hart, Benoit, HBK, Austin andTriple H - Yes Triple H, his stuff in 2000 was awesome. Hogan is a special case and that I liked him when he returned to the WWF, I think being there in the Sky Dome for Wrestlemania X8 had alot to do with that though.

Hmmmm favourite wrestler of all time thats a tough one its between STONE COLD & BRET HART. Hulk Hogan was my favourite when I first start watching wwf then the ultimate warrior came along took over with me then the hitman then stone colSo favourite wrestler - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Group - DX

I...was a huge Warrior fan, and I still think he is cool to this day. Others include Jake Roberts, Honky Tonk Man, Demolition, Rockers, Hart Foundation, Rick Martel, Ted DiBiase, Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect etc...

I grew up watching [them], I guess you grow a strong bond with your childhood favorites...

Boyo and BeltMark were seperated at birth. We're almost telepathic. My choices exactly.

But not Hogan - I preferred The Mountie. Man, I thought that guy was COOL!

Cheers!

You guys musta started watching it around the same time as me then. The first wrestling I ever saw was english wrestling in the late eighties (saturday afternoons, itv), then at the start of 1990 we got Sky One for the first time, so the run up to Wrestlemania 6 was the first american wrestling I ever saw. So that'll always be my wrestlemania. I still love the feuds they had going on in the run up to that; Jake & Million Dollar Man over the million dollar belt, macho man & dusty rhodes, and of course, hogan & warrior.

Ahhh, nostalgia

British Bulldog, Bret Hart and the Ultimate Warrior are my all time favourites, and that wont change. Others may be added, Stone Cold and maybe HBK will join the chosen few sooner or later, but not just yet. There has been so many superstars over the years that i have liked but only a few will be remembered forever!

• 3 weeks later...

My top 10 has changed over the years. However, The Macho Man and Slick Ric will always be my top 2. I've been watching since I was 6 years old, in 1973. I have been a Ric Flair fan since that time. I was raised on the Crockett Family's Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, a part of the original NWA. We didn't have access to WWE/WWF/WWWF or whatever it was called at that time.

Through wrestling magazines you could read about AWA, UWF and other feds. We would always talk about what would happen if Curt Hennig came to NWA to wrestle the U.S. Champ Ric Flair. Who would win and how. Dream matches were a big thing for me and my friends. Sometimes wrestlers would move from territory to territory to keep storylines and feuds fresh. Every once in a while Abdullah the Butcher would show up, or Bruiser Brody, or even Harley Race, (The World Champ), who would choose the next opponent to get a shot at his brass ring.

We did get Mid-South, with the Ronnie Garvin/Professor Boris Malenko's wars, and ICW the birthplace of Machomania. Man Savage is THE BEST EVER!!!

Also, regional titles were held in high regard. That all died with cable TV and WCW's unification of the NWA territories.

As wrestlers have come and gone, my appreciation of different people has waxed and waned. I was a HUGE fan of the Mighty Igor and Bruiser Brody when I first started watching, but they are both long gone. I was always a big fan of Bret Hart and The Ultimate Warrior but not Hogan.

My favorite since the beginning is Randy Savage and I've stuck with him forever, including when he does stupid things like that "Macho King" faze.

When Randy stopped wrestling, I searched for a new guy. The Rock became my favorite. Rocky started making movies so I needed another.

Now Triple H is my man.

I've been a fan of many others, but those three I will always be lifetime fans of. Randy started it all for me so he'll always be my favorite, The Rock got me back into wrestling and Triple H is keeping me in. I pretty much have a favorite for every era starting with the 80s.

Who's after Triple H once he stops? Don't know, haven't found him yet.

We'll see, but lifetime favorite will never change.

That is all,

SF

Ive been watching Wrestling for 15 years now and my allll time favourite has got to be The Undertaker , Ive been a die-hard fan of his since Day 1 at Survivor Series 1991 til Present, but ive had many No 2 fav Wrestlers, i liked Kane in 97-98, then Austin, The Rock, HBK, and recently Brock Lesnar but hes f***ed off to the NFL so i hate him now. My second favourite now is Eddie Guerrero, hes such an act and a great competitor. but Undertaker will always be my number 1 cyaz

:worship ~The Lord Of Darkness

Ive been watching Wrestling for 15 years now and my allll time favourite has got to be The Undertaker ' date=' Ive been a die-hard fan of his since Day 1 at Survivor Series 1991 til Present[/quote']

your such a die hard fan that you got his debut date wrong! :xyx He actually debuted in the Hartford Civic Centre in November 1990 at the 4th Annual Survivor Series.

At the 1991 Survivor Series, he cheated the WWF title away from Hogan.

at some point or another all these people were among my favourites, whether i happened to be a young mark at the time, or a 'smark' as i am now

mick foley

shawn michaels

demolition

the rock

jake roberts

ric flair

rob van dam

bret hart

kurt angle

chris jericho

chris benoit

tazz

kenta kobashi

brock lesnar

toshiaki kawada

steve austin

tajiri

randy savage

raven

sabu

old school taker

king kong bundy (hey he was the first wrestling figure i owned)

doink (yeah i was a big mark for the evil version of doink played by matt bourne with the haunting theme music...so sue me)

i guess taking everything into consideration my top 5 would be...

1. foley

2. hbk

3. the rock

4. demolition

5. kurt angle

Edited by tazz13

your such a die hard fan that you got his debut date wrong! :xyx He actually debuted in the Hartford Civic Centre in November 1990 at the 4th Annual Survivor Series.

At the 1991 Survivor Series, he cheated the WWF title away from Hogan.

Now I wasn't watching wrestling in 1991 (i was only 3 :P) so I'm not critisizing any of you by any means but didn't the guy mean The Undertaker? In otherwords, when he debuted as The Undertaker?

Maybe it's just a mis-understanding I don't know...

top 10 wwe wrestlers

my number 1 of all time would be eddie guerrero because he's such a great competator and is amazing for his height and weight in the ring!

2)HBK, yep thats right shawn michaels

3)chris jericho

4)chris benoit

5)the rock

6)john cena

7)rey mysterio

8)rob van dam

9)tazz

10)undertaker

worst of all time: chavo guerrero jr (whats going on there?)

:devil :worship :thumbsup :lol :evil :wub :) :D ;) :devil

Edited by Kate

Now I wasn't watching wrestling in 1991 (i was only 3 :P) so I'm not critisizing any of you by any means but didn't the guy mean The Undertaker? In otherwords, when he debuted as The Undertaker?

Maybe it's just a mis-understanding I don't know...

He debuted, as the Undertaker, at the 1990 Survivor Series as Ted DiBiase's mystery partner and tagged with DiBiase and Rhythm & Blues to face Dusty Rhodes, Koko B Ware and the Hart Foundation.

Not 1991, when he had already been there for 1 year and was wrestling ogan for the WWF World title.

Kate sweetie, if I say I love Eddie Guerrero too (It's just I knew about Jericho first) will you give me back that nice shiny reputation point you took off me...

Please, pretty please...

Here goes...

Eddie Guerrero is the uncrowned king of the universe, he rules all with his mighty latino charm, excellent Frog Splash and amazing athletic abilty, may his legend and resulting legacy live forever...

Good enough for you Kate?

ill give it you back when im allowd . annoying rules!

only if you mean it about eddie :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub

Edited by Kate