Most Expensive Purchase

Alan

Normally i am a huge cheapskate. I will never normally pay more than £20 for a pair of trainers, and think that any item of clothing over £40 is drastically overpriced. However i have shocked myself over the past month, as i have begun splashing out and spending my hard earned money on little things that cost big amounts. For example, since february i have spent over £350 on two, yes TWO pairs of sunglasses. Ok they are Oakley sunglasses but even so. So what is your most extragant purchase? do you regularly spend hundreds on clothing and accessories, or are you normally "cheap as chips"?

I'm the stingiest git I know, im tighter than a camels ass in a sandstorm. Seriously, I think the most expensive piece of clothing I've ever bought is £25 (one of my omen tops), I've had semi expensive trainers bought for me (Vans/Adidas skaters) but I refuse to pay for the expensive stuff if I can get the cheap alternative.

Well my mam absolutely loves buying clothes, so I often get some rather pricey clothing bought for me. However, I think price matters little in most cases, half of the time you just end up paying for the brand.

Renting out this flat is a bit of a bee-atch when it comes to the bling bling aspect of fiduciary-ness. £250 a month split between 2 of us (I work, she doesn't), we've been living here since late last year so it's probably cost me...oooh...about £2,348,939, judging by how fast my bank account disapears.

Aside from the flat, I paid my mum a couple of grand a year or two ago for my car. It used to be hers and we had it insured in both our names, but lately she never drives anywhere, so she thought she'd just sell it to me. Other kids get gifts from their parents, I have to BUY my presents from my mum and dad.

Aside from that, I don't spend a lot of money on other stuff. I buy DVDs and computer games, but they never cost me more than £30-40 quid. Oh, and that hooker at Bubbles sauna cost me £50, but it was paid for by my football team mates as a leaving present. Money well spent though. ;)

Most i've ever spent on a single purchase was £699 on a PC, but that was from a student loan so it doesn't really count.

I'm pretty cheap when it comes to buying essential stuff, if I ever have to buy food or clothes i'll always spend ages looking for the cheapest option but when it comes to DVDs, CDs and Video Games i'll happily spend hundreds without thinking.

PC is easily the biggest purchase I ever made, Something around £600.

I'm very tight when it comes to anything else, I think the most I spent a single item of clothing would the £75 I spent on a brown leather jacket.

The PS2 is the most expensive thing I've ever purchased, most of the time I watch the money and always are looking for baragins when it comes to DVD's, clothing, I ususally buy lots of football shirts and they cost from £20 to £40 (Ranging from Sport Soccer to JJB Sports).

Although its not the most expensive thing I've ever bought, two days ago I spent £400 on a pair of trousers and a belt.

Trousers - Prada £380

Belt - D2 (D-Squared) £120.

I do now own the most ridiculously cool belt in the world now. It says "GOT Brewski" on the buckle and the "O" in "GOT" is a bottle opener. Impresses the ladies a treat when they can't open their Bacardi Breezers.

Cheers!

Good idea about the belt though' date=' it'll be priceless if it pulls the ladies for you. :)[/quote']

Brooding looks and a belt like that, can't fail!! ;)

but wow, £380 on trousers!!!!! I wouldn't even pay £38!

My one guy pal always pays about £60 on shirts and I think he's mad!

My car was the most expensive thing I ever bought, but i took out my graduate loan to cover that. Next to that, I've spent around £350 on tattoos and piercings. Clothing wise it was probably either my leather trousers or my New Rocks. Boots are my downfall, I'll happily trade in a good half of my wardrobe for a pair of knee high New Rocks.

two days ago I spent £400 on a pair of trousers and a belt.

Trousers - Prada £380

Belt - D2 (D-Squared) £120.

I think everyone, Boyo included, must have had a mental arithmatic lapse last night. Can you spot it?

Boyo woke up at 4am last night thinking "bugger, I hope no-one points it out..."

Have you spotted it?

Boyo paid £280 for his trousers. Boyo's not THAT clothes crazy.

Cheers!

It happens to us all Boyo, particually at like 12 at night/morning, thats a time maths wasn't invented to be done at...

You know I like bargains, I hate spending money cos I had none as a student for two years, and the greatest bargain I got was a Gamecube, two pads, a memory card and WM X8 all for £20! Second hand from Game in the sale...

AJP - got it in a little boutique in my town. The label is D-Squared, it's pretty hard to find if you don't live in LONDON/Birmingham/Manchester/Glasgow.

I've even spent just over an hour trying to find a picture of it for you, AJP, and cannot find it.

It's called the DSquared2 "Got Brewski" belt. Brown leather strap, retro 1950's Americana style buckle, with a bottle opener built in. It's £120.

If you live in a city you shoul find it in a dept store which sells fancy things. Seriously, I'm pissed that I couldn't find a pic online!

Cheers!

Harvey Nichols is your best bet, as they are the only official DSquared stockist. There should be loads of places that sell it, however.

If you just want a picture of it, pick up FHM Collections, Spring/Summer 2004 magazine, page 56.

It's one cool-ass mofoing belt-a-roo, G.

Cheers!