Matches of the Decade

The Brain

Hey how's it goin... yeah im good thanks, anyway enough with the chit chat, What i wanna know is what do you believe to be the best matches of the following years:

Mine are:

94 94: Bret vs Owen, WMX

95 95: HBK vs Razor Ladder match 2, Summerslam

96 96: HBK vs Diesal, IYH Good friends, Better Enemies

97 97: HBK vs Undertaker HIAC - Bret vs Austin WM13

98 98: Austin vs Dude love, Over the Edge

99 99: The Rock vs Mankind, Royal Rumble

00 00: HHH vs Cactus Jack, Royal Rumble

01 01: Raven vs Rhyno - Austin vs Kurt Angle, SS.

02 02: HBK vs HHH, Summerslam

03 03: Benoit vs Angle, Royal Rumble. *****

04, so far 04: Benoit vs HHH vs HBK, Wrestlemania XX

Well there's mine, if a match has slipped my mind im sorry, ill probably think of one and edit it, But right now im happy with it.

So Whats Yours???

Final thought: There are alot of matches i didnt put in. They know who they are!!!

where is WM with hogan and andre and hogan and warrior these were classic matches in my opinion maybe not in pure match quality but the way WWF hyped it all.

KoD matches-all really but cactus jack vs terry funk stays in my mind.

Ric Flair vs Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat

Hulk Hogan vs the Rock

Mankind vs Undertaker HIAC

Owen Hart vs Bret Hart Cage Summerslam

The Rock vs Stone Cold

where is WM with hogan and andre and hogan and warrior these were classic matches in my opinion maybe not in pure match quality but the way WWF hyped it all.

KoD matches-all really but cactus jack vs terry funk stays in my mind.

Ric Flair vs Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat

Hulk Hogan vs the Rock

Mankind vs Undertaker HIAC

Owen Hart vs Bret Hart Cage Summerslam

The Rock vs Stone Cold

Read the Title, What do you believe to be the Best matches of the following years:

94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04.

Im Sure Andre and hogan wasnt in that time frame, Neither was Warrior and Hogan, Unless your talking about Halloween Havoc 98, which i hope your not cause that was an Abomination.

Final Thought: Read before answering please, Thankyou.

ok then the brain i just thought that was your picks for best matches and they didnt include anything before 94

No Problem, Actually i have alot of favorite matches Before 94, and some of them are the ones you named, But i was just naming my favorite matches of the last decade, Match of the Year style.

Final Thought: "Sorry if it sounded Sarcastic"

I also liked the recent Brock Lesnar vs Benoit match where Brock promised to make Benoit tap out, got the Brock-Lock on his but Benoit didn't tap, he passed out and the ref threw in the towel.

Classic.

Cheers!

I also liked the recent Brock Lesnar vs Benoit match where Brock promised to make Benoit tap out, got the Brock-Lock on his but Benoit didn't tap, he passed out and the ref threw in the towel.

Classic.

Cheers!

Yeah, it was a decent enough ***1/2 or **** TV match, but the greatest match of the decade? Surely not.

My favourite match in the US from the past 10 years has to be Bret Vs Owen at Wrestlemania X or Angle Vs Benoit at last year's Rumble. Both bouts had everything I look for in a match. There was incredible wrestling, a wild crowd, a hot finish and everything just seemed to click. These two matches are my favourites that took place in America over the course of the past decade, and it's no accident the 4 guys involved in the matches are some of my favourite workers.

Aaw, how am I kidding, HBK Vs HHH from Summerslam 2002 is the match of the decade, right Simon? :lol

Well all the good ones had already been taken.

That was the only decent match I could remember.

Was it the Undertaker who had a match and the ring was on fire? I liked that one, too. And I liked the Elimination Chamber.

Cheers!

In the last 10 years then HHH V Rock Ironman was an action packed realistic brilliant match, Bret v Austin in the I Quit Match at WMXIII, Jericho v Rock at No Mercy 2001 and Shane O'Mac v Angle at the KOR of that year as well. What about the best example of the Surivour Series match? I think the Team Austin v Team Bischoff one this year or tag matches like the TLC's or America v the Hart Family at Candain Stampede.

Bret Hart Vs Owen Hart - WM10

Shawn Michaels Vs Razor Ramon - WM10

Bret Hart Vs Shawn Michaels - WM12

Bret Hart Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin - WM13

Shawn Michaels Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin - WM14

Shawn Michaels Vs The Undertaker - Bad Blood 97

Bret Hart Vs Chris Benoit - Owen Hart Memorial Match

Chris Benoit Vs Kurt Angle - RR2003

Shawn Michaels Vs Chris Jericho - WM19

Triple H Vs Shawn Michaels Vs Chris Benoit - WM20

These 10 matches are probably the ones I'll remember the most from over the past 10 years.

Its quite simple really, in the past 10 years if you had any one of Michaels, Bret and Benoit in a match you were going to get a fair match even against an average worker.

Got another for my list though, Rey Jnr v Eddie, Bash of the Beach, thats was real cruiserweight action at its finest, and just behing that Ultimo Dragon v Rey as well..

• 3 weeks later...

1998 - Undertaker vs Mankind -Hell in a Cell - King of the Ring

1999 - The Rock vs Mankind- I Quit - Royal Rumble

2000 - The Rock vs Triple H - IronMan - Judgment Day

2001 - The Rock vs Stone Cold - Wrestlemania

2002 - Triple H vs Shawn Michaels - Summerslam

2003 - Stone Cold vs Eric Bischoff (simply because of Austins return)

2004 - Randy Orton vs Cactus Jack - Backlash