Absolute Bargain!

Cactus Jack

That book should be called "Foley Reloaded", because just like the Matrix equivalent, it wasn't needed, it wasn't as good as the first one and it could be argued that it tarnished the reputation of the original. Everything from far too many pictures to fitting about 12 words on each just cried "cash in!", and it looked like Foley wanted to capitalise on the success of the first book by bringing out a second. Maybe he really did enjoy writing books, and when the first one ended he thought he'd continue writing. It doesn't matter, but I personally felt that Have A Nice Day was a fantastic book, and Foley Is Good was the straight to video sequel.

I can think of worse ways to spend £4.50, but it's not my favourite book, to say the least.

Its a great bargain, makes me wish i had waited for the paperback version rather than shelling out the big bucks for the Hardback :lol His first book was excellent but the second was not on the same level i thought.

I got the hardback of the second, bit of a disapointment. Love the first one, but mines fell apart I've read it that much! Other crap hardback books I paid for: Kurt Angle: It's true it's true, Wrestlemania book. £30 for the wrestlemania one and its a pile of pish.

All that PTC garbage at the end of the book kind of spoils it. But it is a good read.

I thought that PTC stuff was quite informative, i didnt know too much about the goings on with them but the end of Foleys book opened my eyes.

I thought that PTC stuff was quite informative' date='[/quote']

Imformative yes. But it was also a drawn out arguement and very bitter. He should have put that on WWE.com if he wanted to vent his frustraitions about the whole affair. Even Foley admits its not good reading and wishes he didnt put it in the book.

I managed to get a good bargain on the Foley books last year over at Bargain Books' date=' managed to get both hardback copies of the book for £6. Good deal :)[/quote']

Everyone always finds great bargains like that in Bargain Books, but whenever I go in all they have are copies of Lorenzo Amoruso's autobiography for a £1.

Don't diss Amoruso's book, I got a signed copy because I'm friends with a girl he went out with. "To-a Russ-a, whassamattayoo?". Or something like that.

Anyway, the only wrestling book worth buying is Chyna's.

Sadly these books were never released:

Once again the wrestling world is buzzing with Mick Foley's newest book being a hot topic of conversation. As usual many other wrestlers are following his lead and putting out a book of their own. Here is a sneak peak at the 6 newest pro wrestling tell all books to hit the market in 2001 and 2002. Enjoy

1. Ahmed Johnson "If They Only Knew What I Was Saying" - Summer of 2001

He was #5 on the 1996 PWI 500 list and he hopes to be at least that on the New York Time's Best Seller list. Ahmed finally lets us know what the hell he was saying during his most famous promos on WWF television. Also find out how it felt for Ahmed to slide down to #53 on the 1997 PWI 500. "It hurt, it really hurt. Now there were 52 other guys in the business I had to do a job for." -Ahmed Johnson Then if things couldn't get any worse, in 1998 Ahmed slid to #255 on the PWI 500. Ahmed reflects on the day he saw the list in 1998 for the first time. "254 guys?" - Ahmed Johnson In a can't miss chapter of this book, find out how Nikita Kolloff taught Ahmed how to let your tights ride up and show one of your ass cheeks during every match, it's poetic in detailing the classic "Student/Teacher" relationship. Finally, in his most awaited comment, he discusses the numerous injuries he inflicted on opponents and what went wrong. "I dunno." - Ahmed Johnson Ahmed tells all, and finally, we'll know what he's saying. An audio version of Ahmed's book will be available narrated by Bill Apter.

2. Billy Gunn "One Smokin Ass"- Fall of 2001 (Expect it to get pushed back a few times)

Finally it's here. The long awaited autobiography of "The One". Find out what prompted Billy to trim the curly mullet he sported during his multi time championship days as a Smokin Gunn along with Bart Gunn. Find out if Billy and Bart were really brothers. What was Billy's reaction when he found out he got the RockABilly gimmick? All I can say is, leave that part out when reading this book to your children before bed time. The perfect children's bed time book, send your little one off to dream land with visions of studded denim and thonged asses dancing in their head. He's been a handsome cowboy, a rump shakin country singer, a bad ass um..ass man and now he's The One. If you buy just ONE pro wrestling autobiography this year, make sure this is THE ONE.

3. The Undertaker "You See This Book? Well That's My Yard." Winter of 2001

Everyone's favorite wrestling babyface is finally telling all in a book the kids are going to want under their Christmas tree. Sit around the tree this winter and hear the heart warming tale of how Taker felt after he murdered both of his parents. How did he feel when his little brother Kane survived the inferno with severe burns to leave him disfigured for life. Truth is Taker didn't know he survived, find out how he felt when he thought he killed his parents and his little brother. Then later on in the book find out how he felt when he found out that the little brother he thought he burned to death actually survived with terribly disfigured features causing him to don a nifty red and black leather mask for the rest of his life. Also try to figure out why Kane walked around with a matching red and black spandex outfit for the rest of his days. When Taker debuted in the WWF with his brother's name, did he do it as a tribute, or as a rib on the uncles and aunts of the Taker family? Tons of funny backstage, breaking kayfabe Undertaker stories in this one. Reminisce with the kids as Taker relives step by step what lead him to lynching the Big Bossman with the help of everyone's favorite Canadian and Totally Gothic Cult "The Brood". What does Taker really feel about human sacrifice? Buy the book!! How does Taker pull that neat trick of coming back to life after being buried alive? Did that SARA tattoo on his neck hurt? Probably, but that's not in the book. Anyway you slice your wrist and drip the blood into a cup, this book is a stocking stuffer that beats the hell out of Chyna's book.

4. Lex Luger "Waiting By the Phone" Spring of 2002

It just has to be said, but this book IS truly the Total Package, and it falls right under the 1% body fat mark. This book quite frankly really isn't very good but it sounded a whole lot better when Ric Flair read a few chapters to me the other day. So unless you can hire Ric to read the book to you in the comfort of your own home, which I doubt since that sounds like the breach Time Warner is looking for, I'd pass up this book like a chance to go to Luger's inevitable Wrestling school.

5. Kane "You Think Your Childhood Was Bad?" Spring of 2002

By this time you'll have read Taker's book, now get Kane's side of the story. Find out if Kane looks like Paul Bearer without the mask, and if in fact that's the real reason he wears it. Kane then goes into how cool it was to dump a bunch of blood all over Steve Austin. When did Kane realized he had supernatural powers like his big brother? Does Kane appreciate having fire shoot out of the ring posts before all of his matches? "If The Rock had almost drowned as a kid, would the WWF have 4 gushers shoot out of the ring post before every match? I don't think so." -Kane Bearer Kane then goes into great detail about how Taker sucks because he still won't let him take a ride on his motorcycle "He says it's cause I don't have a license, but I think he's still mad that my dad boinked his mom." - Kane Bearer Forgive me but this book will be burning up the best seller lists, so get yourself one, while they're, yep, hot. Sorry.

6. Shane Douglas "On Second Thought..." Summer of 2002

Shane seems to be, born again in a sense. In this redeeming autobiography, Shane discusses how Vince McMahon really did do a lot for Shane's career, and how great of a guy he is. He also touches on how he feels about Paul Heyman, calling him the genius that made the Franchise what he is today. What did he really feel about Vince Russo? "Well he tried to give me a push in WCW, but he really didn't know what he was doing, just like Mr. McMahon said. On the other hand, if David McClain is looking for a color commentator, Russo really wasn't that bad of a guy." - Shane Douglas The Franchise then lets us all in on how his shots at Ric Flair over the years were just good natured, no pun intended, ribbing on his all time favorite wrestler, Ric Flair. "Well I hear Ric is in good with Vince, and that shows right there how great a guy Ric is because Vince is one hell of a judge of character." - Shane Douglas Here's a sneak peak at Shane's top ten favorite people in the business.#10 Rob Black #9 Mrs. Baba #8 Antonio Inoki #7 Paul Heyman #6 Marissa Mazolla #5 Shane McMahon #4 Stephanie McMahon #3 Linda McMahon #2 Vince McMahon #1 HHH. Interesting. This book is a must for anyone who is looking for a career in bridge reparation.

Highly humorous, Tajiri. Highly humorous.

You forgot that little known Novella written by The Beserker called "Huss! Huss!"

Here's an excerpt:

"Huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, huss, ..."

It goes on like this...

Cheers!