SATS

ChrisfromBirtley

I, like many others probably here at TWO, am starting my SATS tests next week, and, as pretty much all of you have been there and done that, I was wondering if any of you had any tips etc on how to survive, and what types of questions you get etc.

This may be a waste of time, and a boring thread, but I was just curious on your thoughts of the SATS, and what survival tips you have. How did YOU survive...

Cheers and all help appreciated!

Chris

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically, they were the biggest waste of time ever. I spent weeks and weeks revising my Shakespeare bit (Macbeth) and there wasn't even any proper questions on it. Easiest papers are always the english, Maths always needs extra revising, and Science can be tricky if you don't revise evenly. Don't stress over them though, I was this time last year, and I don't know why I did. I ended up getting 3 7's (4 marks off an 8 in maths), and thats without major revising.

They exist for your teachers to determine which sets you'll be in next year. They aren't any hassle and if you keep up with your work etc, you'll coast them. It's a stepping stone, as you won't find any employers asking you for your SATS results when you go for interviews in the future. :)

Cheers.

I had "work related week" for one week (last week) which basically meant, in every lesson they taught us stuff about the lesson that related to the world of work, and on thursday we had a day of activities, including the army coming in to do some work with us, which was wicked.

For works experiance, going to a local primary school to be a teaching assistant. Should be fun.

Hey cheers guys, I haven't been revising too much, just little bits etc. Probably on the night before each exam, I'll revise a bit, do a bit of skim reading etc.

We're doing Macbeth as a paper too, and it sucks big style! :D

I understand that the questions are easy, because all bands have to be able to do the same test, so the questions are very simplistic, and, since I'm in top band, I'll have no problems with them...or so I've heard...

I'm not worried about them at all, I don't get worried about tests in the least...at least until GCSE's.

Cheers for all your help. Appreciated! :thumbsup

I feel old too. I remember when they wanted to introduce SATS at my school, and the teachers boycotted it, waaaaaaaay back in the 1990's. However - good luck to all of you who are sitting them. I never liked exams much.

I thought the Science ones were fairly easy as well, dreading the Maths ones tommorow like, I'm shit at Maths and I'm doing the 6-8 paper! :eek Going to have to do some emergency last minute revision now.

Guest remlap123

Remeber once SATS are done do not work its a bit pointless you learn everything you need for GCSEs in yr 10-11 so teachers trying to teach anything after sats is a bit pointless

I have only two 1 1/2 hour papers this year thank god

Remeber once SATS are done do not work its a bit pointless you learn everything you need for GCSEs in yr 10-11 so teachers trying to teach anything after sats is a bit pointless

I have only two 1 1/2 hour papers this year thank god

You do know people who are cooled off can't just re-sign and expect to be allowed magically post again.

Yeah, it doesn't work that way.

Guest remlap123
You do know people who are cooled off can't just re-sign and expect to be allowed magically post again.

Yeah, it doesn't work that way.

Seems to of worked doesnt it we shall see

Yeah, me too, as you may know, me and Peter both go to the same school, in the same year, and we did the same tests. Except Maths, I done the 4-6 paper, while Peter did the 6-8 paper...it's a strange world...

But anyway, I found my Maths papers really easy, as my hardest question was like, give a few different ways to make 26! :roll

Examiners ay? What do they know?

English test 1 of 3 tomorrow... :evil

Chris.