Kurt Angle Says Fans Betrayed By Goldberg-Lesnar, & More

WWE

TSN have posted the one-on-one interview that Michael Landsberg did with Kurt Angle. It was a great interview, one of the better OTR interviews they have done.

While Kurt was on the set, TSN.ca/Wrestling did an interview with Kurt as well. Kurt went and talked more in-depth about his neck. Kurt basically says he can't feel his pinky figure right now. Angle also says wrestling a guy like Brock Lesnar didn't help and his style in the 4 years he has been in the company as a top heel hasn't helped.

However, he doesn’t regret what he’s done within the past 4 years and is very happy with his accomplishments. He also says that fans love him, which is why he has the "You Suck" chants. He compares himself to Austin and goes on to say that the fans love Austin because he is the underdog that never accomplished a lot and hated his boss where in his life he had gone and actually did something with his life.

In regards to his match with Eddie Guerrero at WM XX, he says that it was really hard to have the match as he didn’t want to aggravate his neck injury any more, however it still was a top rated match. He feels the finish of the match is what brought the fans back to the show after the Lesnar vs. Goldberg .

Kurt goes on to say that the reason the fans hated the Lesnar/Goldberg match so match was because they felt betrayed that two of the top talents were leaving the company. Angle believes that Austin should’ve have entered himself into the match and making it a triple-threat encounter, with the ending having Austin stunning them both and then going on to cover them both at the same time, as the fans would have enjoyed this ended a lot more.

However, the big news came when Kurt Angle challenged Bret Hart for an upcoming WrestleMania Match, as that is his dream match. Kurt says that Bret is the very best in the industry, and has all the respect in the world for him. He also would like to think that he would be considered to be among Bret as one of the best ever, and the way to do that is to wrestle him. Kurt says if Bret ever wants to come back for one match and can get his health and status back to a decent level, Kurt wants the match.

Yes, Goldberg sold out by letting his contract end so he could go wrestle somewhere he is appriciated. On the other hand, Brock walked out of his contract, giving a weeks notice! Yes, I can see why Brock did the right thing for everyone!

Please tell me you were being sarcastic Bibby!

. On the other hand' date=' Brock walked out of his contract, giving a weeks notice! Yes, I can see why Brock did the right thing for everyone![/quote']

Plus there were the disparaging comments about WWE, right or wrong, it was a pathetic thing to do, plus it all came about cos he lost the belt, he seemed much happier when he had it. Let's compare Brock to HHH, who in my opinion should have his own belt cos he looks naked without it. Not only is he not a champion anymore, he is helping new talent like Shelton Benjamin get a reputation for themselves, when I watched the first match I could see that HHH was nursemaiding Benjamin all the way through it.

Compare HHH to Brock, then you will see a team player and a person who is just out for himself, perhaps, when he sticks the gridiron helmet on, he may discover what team camaraderie is all about.

Saracen

WWE used to do that to jobbers week in and week out, there is nothing wrong with the occasional squish match, usually when Goldberg was involved, that's what the audience came to see, as that was his character.

Saracen

Bibby, WCW pushed Goldberg to over 170 wins and no losses at all. A good 60% of those matches ended in under 4 minutes. Goldberg became WCW's biggest ever creation and when it was sold to WWE, he became the world's biggest free agent.

He owes WWE nothing. WWE needs him more than he needs them.

Yeah spot on Draven, i think the main reason things didnt work out for Goldberg in WWE was the fact that Vince tried to put Goldberg in matches were it was gonna last longer than 4 minutes. This is something Goldberg cant do he struggles. For Goldberg to be at his best he has to be completely dominants over the company like Draven said getting straight wins and destroying people. I personally hate this cos it just makes everyone else in the company look crap as they have to Job to Goldberg all the time. To tell you the truth i couldnt care less wether Goldberg comes back or not. If he does all it means is its gonna take the titles away from real talent like Benoit.

Goldberg became massive in the WCW and a lot of it, (not all - but a lot) was because of the fact he was undefeated. People may get accustomed to seeing Goldberg squash the Brooklyn Brawler but they want to see if he can squish 5 guys in an Elimination Chamber. That's where the beauty of Goldberg's career arose. He's a ferocious wrestler and undefeated, everyone want to be there when Goldberg gets beaten. It will be THE moment, if you know what I mean.

Goldberg didn't betray anyone, Brock probably did.

You can compare Goldberg to Arsenal: they've just won the Championship but people still flock to see them, not to see the beautiful football, but to see if it's THIS WEEK that they'll get beaten.

If I remember correctly, Goldberg lost in WCW and it was never the same with the fans again.

Cheers!

yeah i was forgetting about the weeks notice think which was wrong. but goldberg should have loyalty to the wwe because in japan they just make him win all the time and its ruining his career.

First off Goldberg does not need to show any loyalty to a company that did not appreciate him, and mis-promoted him at the start which left a bad stain on the rest of the year.

when goldberg takes a minute to beat a guy that is making wrestling look fake and therefore his legacy will be the guy who made wrestling look fake

How did it make wrestling look fake? If anything it made Goldberg look like a powerful, dominant monster who destroyed anything which got in his way. Which as Draven said helped him become WCW's biggest ever creation/free agent.

IMO Goldberg did not betray the fans, Brock on the other hand may not of betrayed them, but definitely hurt their feelings. Fair play to him for following his dream, but the timing of his departure was very poor. Also it should have been kept quiet, and not broadcast a week before the biggest show in the WWE.

because when you massacre about 10 oppenents you tell me how that looks real

Do i really have to repeat myself? Goldberg was promoted as a dominant monster who could destroy any opponent, the only way to "verify" this hype would be for him to destroy his opponents with ease. It didnt alter my perception of wrestlings "credibilty" and how real it looks, it cemented Bill's rep as a powerful, destructive force. The matches look just like any other one sided high impact power match.