Which do you prefer?

The Crippler

Which Show Do You Prefer?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which Show Do You Prefer?

• Raw
    • Smackdown!

OK, we haven't had one of these threads in a while, certainly not since the draft lottery. So, which show do you prefer in WWE - Raw or Smackdown!?

I personally think Raw is much, much better. WWE had the chance with the lottery to even things up but they didn't do that and it's really telling.

I'm gonna run a poll like this every 3 or 4 months just to see how much change there is, whether it'll sway one way or the other.

It's really a shame how Smackdown has went as a while back I thought it was the much better show.

At the moment, Raw, but I hope to change it back to Smackdown over the next few months. I think (and don't you say anything about this Boyo) being a mark for Cena, Mysterio and now Rico and Haas.

Raw at the moment is offering Benoit (whoop), HBK, HHH, Shelton, Evolution, Kane to name but a few.

6 months ago I'd have gone with Smackdown, Because WWE took a differant approach with Smackdown by primarily promoting as a "Wrestling Brand" whilst RAW was all about the entertainment.

Today, RAW not only entertains but it has some far superior wrestling on it's show also. Whilst RAW has Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, Shelton Benjmain, Ric Flair, Randy Orton and yes even Triple H etc all of whom are proving that they can create great matches when called upon. Smackdown doesn't have that luxury, Which is a damn shame.

Then you look at Smackdown and it's basically lost, I don't think they know themselves just what Smackdown is supposed to be anymore. Eddie Guerrero and John Cena are the only real bright spots I can see from Smackdown these days that can be considered future mega stars. However, Recent shows seem to have picked up with the emergance of the funny Rico/Haas Storyline and Rene Dupree really start to come into his own since he's split with the rest of La Resistance. The Cruiserweight Division isn't being booked and allowed to flow the way it should be and that is hurting Smackdown.

Overall personally RAW interests me more every week these days whereas Smackdown is starting to grow on me again...But I'll go with RAW.

I prefer Raw and have for a while now, i think Smackdown! is bland and boring although it's starting to pick up now with Rene Dupree and Rico/Haas, i agree that the cruiserweight title could be a big draw for Smackdown! if booked properly. I can't stand John Cena he is the biggest Wigga i have ever seen in my life, and i cringe every time i see him.

I think it's the way that Raw has been presented as 'wrestling' rather then 'entertainment' (well thats the way i percieve it) also the King/JR partnership shits on Tazz and Cole.

Raw for me, overall it just seems a better show. Over the last few months its seems to have got a lot better. As for SD, it has some really good talents like Cena and Eddie, but it just seems lost. I think that losing Angle and Brock has really made SD suffer in terms of "main event" talent, hopefully RVD and Booker will establish themselves more to help SD.

I chose Raw, i have thought this was the better show for a long time. I was dissapointed that in the "draft" two of my fav guys went to SD (RVD & Booker) but it hasn't affected Raw too much as they weren't doing anything of note. I am still very dissapointed that SD doesn't allow more time for its cruiser's to shine, as IMO that would improve things greatly, oh and getting JBL out of the top spot :lol

I voted Smackdown, and I'm not ashamed of it. Ok, so Raw has the women's division, but Smackdown has the cruiserweights, and the Rico/Haas partnership which amuses me greatly. I mark out big time for John Cena and Eddie Guerrerro. The only downer is the Big Show, and he's not going to be around for a while.

back at the original roster draft wwe put the bigger stars onto smackdown-the rock, jericho, hogan etc etc all went to smackdown because it was more widely availbale in the us which meant there were gonna be higher ratings for it.

this changed when tnn (now spike tv) branched out more and so raw became more available to the us and wwe focused their efforts into nakijing the raw brand shows more entertaining in order to keep high ratings.

Now Im completely against this because the benefir of one show seems to disadvantage the other show. RAW could be great with less of the big name stars they have their now, Smackdown is in desperate need of some main event talent.

When Triple H was drafted to smackdown, i for one thought that it was the start of the revival for WWE's Thursday night programme. Triple H was the biggest star that they could of possibly put on Smackdown and what did they do? they switched him for Book, RVD and the Dudley Boyz. Now dont get me wrong Smackdown probably did get some good talent in this trade but if they did its not showing.

The dudley boyz work stiff and arent gaining any new admirers backstage from their ruthless approach to in ring competition. Now didnt a while ago they split BuhBuh Ray and Dvon up so they could try and give them a push at the time of the first draft. And didnt Dvons push fail horribly but succesfully brought in Leviathon as Batista. And then Buhbuhs push also amount to nothing but a few better matche with guys like Lesnar who was still trying to make a name for himself back then. Seems to me whenever WWE try and push singles guys they fail and then have to go full circle and put them back in the tag team scene.

The same thing happened with Bradshaw when they tried to push him in 2002 and he was feuding with the nWo. Eventually somewhere along the line WWE realised they werent going anywhere with the story so they put Bradshaw back as the old Blackjack Bradshaw and then eventually when that didnt work we see him as the very tired and sadly tested too often APA Bradshaw with Ron Simmons. Another guy who after being a WCW Champion his singles push didnt work. Hell did he even wrestle after APA split eventually? I thought he just made bets and worlds worst wrestler Mark henry.

Back to my point. Now Smackdown are trying to push Bradshaw agai, well Vince is and everyone knows its a rubbish idea simply due to the fact Bradshaw isnt even midcard talent let alone Main Event. Book and RVD arent truley Main Event, Eddie himself just about pushes the envelope. But Smackdown only really have Eddie and Taker as the main eventers andhow often do we see taker on TV? Exactly.

All I say is that is RAW can have guys like Kane, Jericho, Trips, Orton, Flair, Benoit and HBK why o why must Smackdown suffer with the likes of JBL getting a push?

Smackdown desperately needs at least two more main eventers. Even if Booker T does get a big push sometime in the near future, he has already made it known that he is seriously considering hanging it up pretty soon

Man I used to be Smackdown til I die, and I still am technically, but there is no way on hell I could possibly justify saying Smackdown over Raw here.... it's just so bad.

So I pretty much agree with everyone else that Raw is better... hopefully only for the time being :)

What the hell has happened to SD!??!!?? Oo;

JBL Main eventing, the CW championship in the clutches of a female wrestler we see vitually nothing of, Rico, FBI gallevanting about, and only 3 or so 'Deadman' sightings in the last month.

With Angle as GM, and Eddie as Champ - things AREN'T dire...but unless something can be done to turn the show back on track properly, Raw will soon overtake SD! as this years more popular WWE show.

< Something that probably hasn't happened in a donkeys age. XD >

Come on, VKM, you have zee power - give it to SD! for a while. Oo

Last year Smackdown was pounding Raw easily, now it's gone full circle. As Booker T said, Smackdown is the minor leagues.

Smackdown's best assets are Tazz, Paul Heyman, Kurt Angle, Teddy Long, Rene Dupree and Chavo Sr and only one of them is a full time wrestler.

Raw has been absolutely brilliant recently and next weeks Raw card looks like a PPV, loads better than the Judgement Day card.

Bischoff makes some great matches, when was the last time smackdown had a steel cage match!! Wish they would give some of the mid-carders a bigger push. At least I'm happy to see Dupree get a push and start a fued with John Cena. Not only does it mean some good wrestling. I get to see more John Cena! darkstar knows what I'm talking about!