Just In case You Thought The British Army Act Like The Yanks...

Cactus Jack

Read This

Anyway's, I was meaning to ask peoples opinions on what the Americans did. I cannot beleive they did this. Forgetting the immorals of what they did, the fact that this WILL lead to more terrorist activity will undone any work that has been done. I just hope are troops (and in turn, the country) don;t get tarred with what the Yanks did.

What the American did was terrible, but if this BBC article is to be believed, the Daily Mirror should be ashamed.

The Mirror has been anti-war since Sept 11th, this is fair enough. The Daily Mirror is also a vicious tabloid, despite getting rid of Page 3.

Soldiers are soldiers, there will always be occasions where things get out of hand, I wouldn't be surprised if British troops had tortured Iraqi prisoners - come to think of it - they probably have.

The one thing that bothers me about the photos is: did whoever made them (if they are fake, of course) really believe it would be possible to get crystal clear photos of human torture? The photos are of too high of standard for my liking.They should be random and ramshackle, like the USA torture pictures.

Cheers!

First of all, i cant see anywhere something that says these photos are genuine, and second, i really hope they aren't. Whoever took these photos and carried out these acts (faked or not) is ruining all the work that has been done to help rebuild Iraq. This will only make matters worse for the coalition in a time where we need all the help we can get.

The Mirror is a liberal rag, edited by a populist prick in Piers Morgan who for some reason thinks he is the country's conscience.

Personally anyway, if the events did happen, I'm not bothered. Think Bravo Two Zero, forcing Andy McNab to eat his own sh!t, and I really have no sympathy if someone who is in the end, fighting for us, feels like pissing on an Iraqi who had probably tried to kill him.

The Mirror is, next to The Sun, and that kind of newspaper (sorry to those who read it but) a piece of crap. The journalists who write in the Mirror are the ones who get turned away from the Standard and the Mail. They are just bitter. The pictures are obviously fake guys!

If it was torture, which, I'm sure has happened in the past, from both sides of the coaltion. I don't think the victim would be wearing a shiny white footie shirt, have a grocery bag ties round his head. I also would be suspicious about the fact that there is cardboard taped to the walls of the room.

If the army is saying about the kind of equipment in the photo wasn't used in Iraq, isn't that evidence enough for the Mirror? Or did the "soldiers" smuggle him through the airport in a football shirt and his pants?

i was just about to read Andy Capp but i have got to interrupt becuse you lot feel the sameway i do. i am reading the mirror as i type this and on page 4 this is not exactly what they say but a sum up: CLAIM- floppy hats worn by the soldiers arnt the ones they use.

PROOF: the mirror show a picture of soldiers wearing floppy hats from last year not when the soldiers lives were in danger. these floppy hats arnt going to be used when there is riots and fighting are there.

PIERS MORGAN IS A T*****!! i was so happy when i heard jeremy clarkson punched him :lol

If these photographs are real, then what people should remember it is only a small minority of British soliders taking part in these acts. It is going to give the British army a bad name if these photos are proved to be the real thing, but again, most of the UK troops are hard working respectable soldiers, and its only a minority giving the rest of them a bad name.

As for The Mirror newspaper, its always been against this war from day one, all throughout the war and the Iraq conflict The Mirror has been against it, probably because The Sun was in support of the war.

i remember JR on best of survivor series saying about shawn michaels "whether you love him or hate him, it really quite irrelevent" and that should be how people feel toward the war, this is england, support us whether the war is right or not

BOLLOCKS.

1. It's Britain not England. Sorry, Scottish pride getting the better of me there.

2. That argument is shite anyway. If we do something wrong, we have to admit it, and then try to repair the damage. "My country, right or wrong" is the most ridiculous piece of pish I've ever heard. Well, except capitalism, but that's another argument.

I do agree with Cactus' assessment of the American's actions.