Martial Arts

Shiva

From the age of 7-12 I did Judo, and was very good- I competed at the 1994 British Junior Championships, and won a Silver medal.

It is my one big regret in life that I never carried on with it, as I seriously think I could have been very good.

From the age of 7-12 I did Judo, and was very good- I competed at the 1994 British Junior Championships, and won a Silver medal.

It is my one big regret in life that I never carried on with it, as I seriously think I could have been very good.

Why not go back? It's never too late. We have a guy in our class that's 48. Go back, it can't hurt. At the mo, I've only just gone back even though it's against doctors orders. Hopefully I will do my grading in 6 weeks for my red tag. Then I'll only have 2 belts between me and my black belt. I've only been to one competition and that was the Scottish Nationals in November last year. I got silver in womens heavyweight sparring. Even though I'm not heavyweight. I'm only 126lbs. hehehehe. I think they were short one to make even numbers

My friend got beaten up by a girl who does Bushido about 3 weeks ago. She was so sexy, so sexy, so very very sexy, and yet so mind-blowingly hard. I think he pulled her bra-strap or something. He thought girls went crazy for stuff like that, the little minxes, how wrong was he? Everyone knows they prefer to have their bums pinched.

Cheers!

I did Judo for a while and Kickboxing, I was better at Kickboxing and stuck with that longer but when your knees go it don't half make it harder. As for hard women, I know a girl who is so fine and is a black belt in Karate... We were at a gig after I'd just meat here and just guy was giving her so much trouble, I said should I deal with him and she said watch and wait... I next time he said something she planted a beautiful kick on his chest and sent him flying! Never mess with a women who does martial arts, their meaner then men.

My sister put on some weight so she took up Katate and she lost some weight and felt fitter and better in her self and she was 23 when she took it up. Helps though if you do Martial Arts if you train by running and going to the gym as well, keep the body strong, and yes I know I smoke but I'm working on that...

running....(((shudder)))

well, if that's what it takes to get fit and buff, then I'm willing to give it a shot. I always try to get fit, but stumble after a couple of weeks and slack off again. I am determined to see the second half of my twenties as fit and hard as posisble.

running....(((shudder)))

well, if that's what it takes to get fit and buff, then I'm willing to give it a shot. I always try to get fit, but stumble after a couple of weeks and slack off again. I am determined to see the second half of my twenties as fit and hard as posisble.

Hey Honey, try tae kwon do. We do all sorts of things in our class and it doesn't matter how fit or unfit you are. You just work to your own fitness level. So you work at your own rate and get fitter in the process. We also do a lot of self defence training in our class. A lot of martial arts are not really suitable to use as self defence, so you are better going for one that does self defence as part of the training. hope this helps you out hon :xyx

I always found that with Tae Kwon do to use it as a self defense form you need to be a bit hard anyway. That or really good. The best martial arts to use as self defense would be the grappling/throwing ones, judo and ju jitsu for example. I tried to get into Tae Kwon do becouse my uncle is really good at it (Kenny Walton, former captain and coach of the England team!), but it wasn't me.

It's not for everyone. Also depends on the fed ur with. We do a lot of training in self defence that is a mix of everything, muai thai, hapkido, kempo, shodakan( not sure of spelling) and we also do weapons training, like how to fight someone with a weapon when you have none, disarms, breaks and knockouts. I,ve been in a tae kwon do fed that was strictly traditional and it wasn't for me. But I love the fed I'm in now